Region 7-2A

Digger 85

aside from my very outgoing comment that i previously posted... what do you guys think about GC and their new coach... IMO coach dyer is by far the coolest coach i have ever had... but as far as a disiplinarian well he can be alil shakey in that aspect but you gotta love mr. clean once you meet him... but hey he may not be hard in practice but look how the westview DE's played last yr... 4 of us rotated in and out all yr and all managed to have over 20 tackles 2 with over 40 so good luck to coach dyer :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from my very outgoing comment that i previously posted... what do you guys think about GC and their new coach... IMO coach dyer is by far the coolest coach i have ever had... but as far as a disiplinarian well he can be alil shakey in that aspect but you gotta love mr. clean once you meet him... but hey he may not be hard in practice but look how the westview DE's played last yr... 4 of us rotated in and out all yr and all managed to have over 20 tackles 2 with over 40 so good luck to coach dyer :lol:

coach dyer is an awesome man...he coached at gibson co my sophomore year and did rather well...he seems laid back but HE KNOWS HIS FOOTBALL..hopefully gibson co. will surprise a few more people like we did last year...good luck coach dyer and gibson co! :lol:

Great talent? That's going a bit far. Chris Donald is a great talent. Daniel Brooks, Justin Harrell, Patrick Willis, Franklin Payne, etc. were great talents. The Humboldt and Dresden guys are good high school players, but I doubt any of them will end up anywhere bigger than a Lambuth or Bethel. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, I don't think we should be so cavalier with the word "great."

Great talent? That's going a bit far. Chris Donald is a great talent. Daniel Brooks, Justin Harrell, Patrick Willis, Franklin Payne, etc. were great talents. The Humboldt and Dresden guys are good high school players, but I doubt any of them will end up anywhere bigger than a Lambuth or Bethel. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, I don't think we should be so cavalier with the word "great."

I agree.. they are definately good players but GREAT, i'm not so sure of... and pre season all-state is a nice honor but your own coach puts your name up so i don't know if i'd consider that GREAT either.....

so bulldawg...do u consider that pretty good talent or not ?

Not Hardly.....Hewitt and Donald are better than good but not even close to what I consider great. Wardlow is a good ball player and I've never heard of the other guy so IDK. Rod Smith, Ernest Fields, Chris Donald, Patrick Willis are/were GREAT players. Edited by bulldawgs#1

Not Hardly.....Hewitt and Donald are better than good but not even close to what I consider great. Wardlow is a good ball player and I've never heard of the other guy so IDK. Rod Smith, Ernest Fields, Chris Donald, Patrick Willis are/were GREAT players.

lol matt vallee from dresden was all-state last year on the line...maybe i shouldnt of put great but should have put "better than good"?....anyways theres the players from humboldt and dresden that will pull their teams along this year :blink:

Vallee is being recruited by Alabama,Louisville,Tennessee,MTSU.Miss.St.I'd say thats bigger than Bethel and Lambuth.

Vallee is being recruited by Alabama,Louisville,Tennessee,MTSU.Miss.St.I'd say thats bigger than Bethel and Lambuth.

I hope you are right. I hope Vallee goes to a huge school, but the chances are slim. I know from experiences that I had there is a difference in being "recruited" and getting letters from schools. I was being "recruited" by ole miss, miss st., and Notre Dame, but I was only getting letters from Tennessee and Florida St. and other big time schools. There is a difference. I don't know how good Vallee's grades are either. People forget about that. Grades have a huge role in recruiting. That was the one reason Notre Dame was looking at me they must have high grades. If Vallee or Hewitt have some great grades, they could go to a bigger school than if they were a C student. Good luck to them this year. I hope they both have great seasons.

Looking forward to seeing how 7-2A will pan out this year.

I'll be coming to Westview to see Camden take on the Chargers next weekend, and then I'll be seeing the Mustangs take on my Lions in Camden, so I'll get to see what I believe to be two of the top four teams in the region in what should be two GREAT games.

Good luck to all of 7-2A this season, hopefully we'll be seeing one of you in the Semi's.

Honestly, if he doesn't already have an offer from a D1 school ( which I don't believe he does), then he's most likely not going to get an offer. Lots of people get letters and, to be quite honest, they don't mean a thing. Like I said, those guys are all good players but none are D1 athletes.