Region 7-2A

Digger 85

I hadn't heard Argo left GC. Who's the new coach there?

Milan & Huntingdon, as others have said, battle it out for the region title.

I think Humboldt bounces back and has a good season. Lots of experience returning for them on both sides of the ball.

The final playoff spot is up for grabs. I like Dresden right now due to their returning talent, but I reserve the right to change my opinion multiple times before the season.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard Argo left GC. Who's the new coach there?

Milan & Huntingdon, as others have said, battle it out for the region title.

I think Humboldt bounces back and has a good season. Lots of experience returning for them on both sides of the ball.

The final playoff spot is up for grabs. I like Dresden right now due to their returning talent, but I reserve the right to change my opinion multiple times before the season.

guess he thought he did all he could do in his four years at gibson co...anyhow i have not heard of a new coach just yet but we will see...good luck to coach argo at peabody !!!

I'm going to go ahead and warn you all...don't go and jump ahead...milan is some how always good which im sure that they are going to go to the shotgun so that lydale will be able to move around better...huntingdon of course has Chris coming back...westview is going to have to find another game plan since they lost guy and i dont know much about them so im not saying anything about them...dresden has hewett and a bunch more big guys returning for them...but i belive that this is the year where humboldt picks back up from 2 years ago when we had such a talented class...it's hard to pick out the top team out of this...humboldt, dresden, huntingdon, milan...no such order...just be ready to see either of them 4 to go far...i dont see a blow out of either of those teams when they play each other...but good luck to all of the talent in 7-2A...this season is going to be a good one!

1.Huntingdon 2.Milan 3.HUmboldt 4.Peabody 5.Westview 6.Dresden 7.Usj 8.Gibson Co. Huntingdon is the class of the region everthing else is up for grabs except USJ and GIbson County they will struggle.

i dont think milan is going to be as good as everyone puts them up to be but they WILL be good as usual....i think the top 4 will be 1.huntingdon...2.dresden...3.humboldt...4.milan...just my top 4...donald wont let huntingdon have anything else except region title....dresden has valley and hewett...humboldt has a great back in adrian donald and the other good back...and milan will make it back with lydale at qb...best of luck to all of 72a

I'm new to this area and love HS football and would like some UNBIASED info on all the teams in the region with breakdowns on the players and coaches and their expectations for the season. I am assuming that some of the local media will have these break downs but where and when are these available? Cant wait, it sounds like some great football is played in West TN!! :lol:

I am from weakley county so I know a bit about dresden and westview. First, Westview will not make the playoffs. No way. They lost a lot and the cupboard is pretty much bare. They only beat gibson county in the region this year. Dresden doesn't have the numbers at skill positions to win the thing. I think they'll finish 3 or 4 in region. Milan and Huntington battle for 1 2. Dresden, humbolt, and trenton for 3 and 4.

I say

1.Milan(7-0)9-1

2.Huntingdon(6-1)8-2

3.Westview(5-2)8-2

4.Dresden(4-3)6-4

5.Humboldt(3-4)5-5

6.trenton(2-5)4-6

7.Usj(1-6)3-7

8.Gib.co.(0-7)0-10

i don't see westview being that high...2nd 3rd and 4th are going to be a fight between humboldt, dresden, and milan...the rest should just fall right into place

1. Huntingdon

2. Dresden

3. Humboldt

4. Milan

5. Westview

6. USJ

7. Trenton

8. Gibson Co.