Marion County High School

Bill#49

And that gets back to the question that got this whole discussion going..... When a coach resigns their "coaching" position but remains on faculty as a teacher, do we remove a teacher so that we can advertise the coaching vacancy? Or do we hire from within if someone is willing and capable of coaching the team? I'm just curious as to what you guys think but no one is answering this question.....

No you should never get rid of a teacher just to fill a coaching position, (teaching IS what matters) but you could have went 2 blocks down the street, and offered the "hometown boy" that was interested in one of the open coaching positions the job instead of bringing someone else from the outside and is here just "for a cup of coffee."

Congrats to Coach Evans...lets support him and the staff and fill the stands this season.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you should never get rid of a teacher just to fill a coaching position, (teaching IS what matters) but you could have went 2 blocks down the street, and offered the "hometown boy" that was interested in one of the open coaching positions the job instead of bringing someone else from the outside and is here just "for a cup of coffee."

Isn't Jason Evans a "hometown boy" Marion County Class of 1993? ;)

Edited by Sequatchie

Isn't Jason Evans a "hometown boy" Marion County Class of 1993? ;)

That's what that poster is saying. The two blocks down the street reference is to his parent's home. The poster was defending the choice of Jason.

I've come to this conclusion. No matter what the school, no matter who get's hired, no matter where they are from......somebody isn't going to be happy.

Can't see anything wrong with hiring a hometown product. Jason is very eager and has plenty of experience. If he can be successful at Marion he can anywhere. (Thinking of the lines from New York, New York.)

Again, good luck Jason for 9 games of the regular season and all of the post season.

DL.

Wow, 2-A-Days in June. Sounds like the new warboss is on the warpath. Bill, maybe you should upgrade your workouts into 2 per day!

I don't think so!! 2 miles are enough for my fat, chubby legs. Matter of fact in about 15 minutes they will traveling around and around and around again. :huh:

Is one of the workouts a make-up or are they both mandatory?

There are no such things as mandatory summer workouts.

Oh, by the way, if you want to play in the Fall you will be there in the summer. :huh:

Isn't Jason Evans a "hometown boy" Marion County Class of 1993? :blink:

Yes

That's what that poster is saying. The two blocks down the street reference is to his parent's home. The poster was defending the choice of Jason.

I've come to this conclusion. No matter what the school, no matter who get's hired, no matter where they are from......somebody isn't going to be happy.

Can't see anything wrong with hiring a hometown product. Jason is very eager and has plenty of experience. If he can be successful at Marion he can anywhere. (Thinking of the lines from New York, New York.)

Again, good luck Jason for 9 games of the regular season and all of the post season.

DL.

No. I think she was questioning the hiring of the girl's basketball coach from Whitwell instead of one already at Marion County. I could be mistaken though.

How is the overall attitude of the players,assistant coaches and parents since the arrival of the new coach!

good luck to marion execpt when they play bledsoe!

By the way there is a kid from here who is moving to jasper in the 1st of july he will be in 8th grade this year he is one more heck of a football player JMS is getting a great kid who is in love with the game of football!

How is the overall attitude of the players,assistant coaches and parents since the arrival of the new coach!

good luck to marion execpt when they play bledsoe!

By the way there is a kid from here who is moving to jasper in the 1st of july he will be in 8th grade this year he is one more heck of a football player JMS is getting a great kid who is in love with the game of football!

Who is it that is moving Volhead?