Riverdale vs. McCallie 2006?

ABSOLUTELY!! Man this is great! Way to go Riverdale! and McCallie! Glad to see that the new Riverdale coach is willing to put his team out there and schedule this type of game. Maybe this will change some attitudes around the state and we can see more of this for everyone in DII.

don't count on that. one game means nothing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldnt there be more games like this? This game is a win..win..win for everybody. Riverdale gets $5,000 for not being able to replace the Ohio home game and a quality test, McCallie gets a quality opponent without having to go 6 hours away (which causes the kids to miss class time), and every high school football fan is treated to outstanding football played by several great players on both sides of the ball. I just wish it were tommorrow night.

If you visit the McCallie web site and look at their 2005 season stats leaders, and then compare against their roster, it doesn't take long to figure out that almost all the offense is coming back. I'd say this will be a huge test for the Riverdale D. The offense will also need to score some points to keep us in this game.

The game is at 7:30 Eastern and that makes it pretty tough to get there in time for the game. How are the facilities at McCallie?

If you visit the McCallie web site and look at their 2005 season stats leaders, and then compare against their roster, it doesn't take long to figure out that almost all the offense is coming back. I'd say this will be a huge test for the Riverdale D. The offense will also need to score some points to keep us in this game.

The game is at 7:30 Eastern and that makes it pretty tough to get there in time for the game. How are the facilities at McCallie?

The stadium is nice but the indoor facilites and campus draw more of your attention.

The stadium is nice but the indoor facilites and campus draw more of your attention.

Alright, but for the important things now. Hows the parking and what do they have to EAT?

McCallie, one word of advice. Cook LOTS! R'dale not only travels well, they bring LOTS of folks who eat. Ask anyone who has played them. We cleaned out a couple of concession stands last year in the first half hour after we got there and we get there EARLY. If I remember clearly some R'dale fans got to WC at 3 PM and the game didn't start until 7.

why do you hope that?

Because I am a DII fan. I also did not like the fact that under Rankin, Riverdale avoided DII teams like the plague. I think it's great that that is changing, and hopefully RHS might even schedule one of the DII teams closer to them.