Tennessee Super 44 Prospects

VandyMania

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just in case the 44 you had listed is to be added to...........I don't see how you could leave off Hardin County's Hunter DeBerry. He made All State 4A WR last year and with those stats. 31 catches 857 yards and 13 tds. He ran a 6.41 sixty in Memphis last week and that was not just on one stopwatch. Do you know how that compares to a 40 time...........He is a burner and has unbelievable breakaway speed to go along with great hands.

Hi, this is Don Yates from VandyMania.com again. I asked a while back for the top 50 prep football prospects in Tennessee (these guys would be seniors for the 2006 season). I got a lot of input from you guys and used a lot of the folks you nominated. Here is my Super 44 Tennessee team as it stands now. Do you guys see any glaring errors or missing super stars? I appreciate your input. These guys will be listed in our 2006 Vanderbilt Football Preview mag which will be going to the printers soon. Please, lets not get into smack talk with one another.

Email me at: don321vu-top50@yahoo.com if you'd like.

WR Anthony Anderson (6-2, 175) Austin-East

OL J.T. Beasley (6-3, 260) Dyersburg

WR Todd Campbell (6-0, 190) Franklin

DE/RB Courtney Coffee (5-11, 220) Pope John Paul II

FB Kevin Cooper (6-1, 240) Baylor

OL Eric Counts (6-4, 295) Sratford

RB Aaron Crawford (5-10, 210) Ridgeway

WR Roderick Davis (6-0, 180) Wooddale

LB Chris Donald (6-3, 220) Huntingdon

RB Matt Elrod (6-0, 185) David Lipscomb

DE/OL Mark Fisher (6-4, 280) Goodpasture

OL Cody Fleming (6-2, 240) Pigeon Forge

OL T.J. Franklin (6-4, 240) Catholic

QB Connor Gulmire (6-1, 170) Oak Ridge

DT/TE Kevin Copelin (6-3, 245) Lake County

OL Dylan Gambill (6-4, 285) Ezell-Harding

TB Anthony Hardaway (6-1, 170) Boyd Buchannon

RB/DB Matt Hewett (5-9, 195) Dresden

LB Tavis Hogsett (6-3, 220) Central-Merry

RB Terrence Holt (5-8, 175) Maplewood

WR Bill Kottas (6-0, 175) <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

WR Kyrus Lanxter (6-2, 185) Alcoa

QB/DB Austin Lohin (6-0, 180) Sycamore

WR Tyler Maples (6-4, 180) Maryville

LB Chris Marve (6-0, 220) White Station

WR Rashad Mason (6-5, 205) Pearl-Cohn

LB Ryan McGowan (6-2, 200) Whitwell

RB/CB Jeremy Mimms (6-2, 220) Blackman

LB Jaron Norfleet (6-3, 227) Brentwood

QB Michael Park (6-1, 188) Memphis University School

RB Jarvis Perry (6-2, 190) Crockett

QB Patrick Sanders (6-1, 165) Smith County

WR Seth Skogen (6-4, 215) Temple

LB Isaiah Smith (6-2, 220) Columbia-Central

RB Brandon Springer (6-2, 175) Lake County

LB John Stokes (6-5, 225) Memphis University School

AT Golden Tate (6-0, 180) Pope John Paul II

OL Matt Vallee (6-4, 295) Dresden

DE/TE Willie Vanderford (6-2, 215) Sycamore

DE Rae Sykes (6-4, 240) Alcoa

DE/TE Alex Watkins (6-4, 225) Brownsville

LB Shane Watson (6-0, 232) Carter

OL James Williams (6-7, 280) Smyrna

DE/TE Preston Williams (6-4, 205) Memphis-East

matt elrod David Lipscomb is a stud on a team with athletes who find a way to win games without a ton of star potential. Ben Lehning shoud also be added to the list in my opinion.

Edited by bigal2319

Rivals does have a nice database. They have good volume. Scout.com has quality. The Birmingham News recently did a study of the two recruiting giants and found Scout.com was more accurate in their prospect ratings. They really both have some things to learn. I do agree that Scout has some work to do in its coverage of Tennessee prospects. That's something I'm trying to fix and this Super 44 team is one of the ways I'm doing it. I plan to get all these guys in the Scout.com database (many of them already are in there).

One thing I think you'll find in Scout's database has more free info. Rivals charges for just about everything. Scout gives a lot of free info out that Rivals charges for.

I appreciate all your input. I'm made a few changes accordingly.

Don Yates

VandyMania.com/VandyMania the Magazine!

Scout.com

NE TN was 'shut out' as usual. DB, SH, South, TN High all have some quality players. One of my favorites is the little guy from Elizabethton, Preston Smith. He is a human high light film every game on both sides of the ball. Your loss, but Smith isn't the only player from up here in the sticks not to be mentioned, eventhough he is highly touted on your site. He has letters from several D1s, but talking to his father, he is really looking at baseball or a smaller school for football. He just a wants to be on the field. He's getting the looks he deserves from both sides and barring injury, he will be a prize for someone.