Lexington Job open?

643dp

I knew about the complex deal, but that was a rumor when I was still there and that was 3 years ago. The field issue will be a big one if they want to bring in a coach with a good name. I never understood why that field that was turned into a soccer field wasn't utilized more. With a little work, moving the fences back, press box, and etc, that could have been a great place to play and watch a ball game. Much nicer than what they have now.

Its not fair to either progam to have to share field time. All those kids want to be out there or they wouldn't have signed up. I hope that whoever they get, will advance the program, as I still love Lexington and try to be there as much as I can. I loved being with them this week in Murfreesboro. I only wish they would have played a little better. But they had a nice run and a great season!

Yes that would have made a great field but youth soccer has just exploded over the last few years and they need more fields than they have now. They are using it now.

There is a grant being used to build some fields at the old airport but not for baseball. The county could go ahead and fund the new field and lights and stuff but I doubt they do. They won't spend any money to improve the field they are using now. The field we use now is ok for league ball but it isn't a HS field at all.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that would have made a great field but youth soccer has just exploded over the last few years and they need more fields than they have now. They are using it now.

There is a grant being used to build some fields at the old airport but not for baseball. The county could go ahead and fund the new field and lights and stuff but I doubt they do. They won't spend any money to improve the field they are using now. The field we use now is ok for league ball but it isn't a HS field at all.

This is the problem here. As much pride as the community takes in its baseball program, from T-ball on up through little league and Babe Ruth to High School, why don't they build a nice complex for their highest level? It would be an investment in the community. I could argue that baseball is the best thing going in Lexington, with all the success of not only the high school program, but Babe Ruth, on down. The Little League program is one the best in the state. A nice field would only make sense to me. But I also am from Henderson County and I know what you are dealing with there on that county commission. I'll say this, for as much as I love Lexington, it sure is nice living in an area that has progressive thinkers in leadership positions.

I heard the same thing about the field. Are they moving all the soccer over to the airport and giving the big baseball feild back, or are they putting a highschol complex at the airport. I know its a little off topic but I was just wondering.

I also agree that this had nothing to do with parents or politics. I heard he had a great offer and if he approaches his new job like he approached this one he will do great.

Byuilding a soccer complex at the airport is my understanding. The baseball/softball complex is next. If the county doesn't step up and make a play to build a field that baseball complex will turn into the ballfield of the City High School that could come into being in the next 5/10 years. The City may not build a HS but I wouldn't shocked if they did.

Same thing I was thinking. Politics in Lexington baseball starts in 5-6 year old coach pitch.

ha! I am not a big basebal fan, but do keep up with it from time to time. From what I am hearing - this is all part of the "one and done" coaches club at Lexington. Just compairing schedules - it looks like USJ is playing a tougher schedule and it shows at tournament time. Lexington has some really good players - Keck and Keck - nice combo. Too bad the school can not capitilize on its talent.

I noticed early on that Patterson played the "let the freshman play" over the players that had been committed to his program for a while. That is a double edged sword that can come to haunt you. Once the parents smell this blood, they are going to abuse the coach.

My feeling are at this time Odle (if he wants it) should be the front runner. Actually, the team that won the 2002 state championship was more his team than Patterson's. And I think Patterson would agree that he was just riding the boat as it came through at the right time. The thing about Odle is has alot of fire for the game, but sometime his own fire consumes him. I'd say Odle would be an awesome choice, but I would hope that he has tempered his choice of words around the team. Given a second chance, I believe the guy could become Lexington legend. The one thing about Terry is he is not afraid to schedule the tough teams - if I remember correctly he had Germantown on the schedule when they were almost impossible to beat. What I like about him, he fully expects to win those type of games.

I have heard rumors that Gardner went through a gauntlet of parents also at the end of the season and was considering throwing in the towel now that Mack is out. Could be an interesting year coming up for LHS fans......

ha! I am not a big basebal fan, but do keep up with it from time to time. From what I am hearing - this is all part of the "one and done" coaches club at Lexington. Just compairing schedules - it looks like USJ is playing a tougher schedule and it shows at tournament time. Lexington has some really good players - Keck and Keck - nice combo. Too bad the school can not capitilize on its talent.

I noticed early on that Patterson played the "let the freshman play" over the players that had been committed to his program for a while. That is a double edged sword that can come to haunt you. Once the parents smell this blood, they are going to abuse the coach.

My feeling are at this time Odle (if he wants it) should be the front runner. Actually, the team that won the 2002 state championship was more his team than Patterson's. And I think Patterson would agree that he was just riding the boat as it came through at the right time. The thing about Odle is has alot of fire for the game, but sometime his own fire consumes him. I'd say Odle would be an awesome choice, but I would hope that he has tempered his choice of words around the team. Given a second chance, I believe the guy could become Lexington legend. The one thing about Terry is he is not afraid to schedule the tough teams - if I remember correctly he had Germantown on the schedule when they were almost impossible to beat. What I like about him, he fully expects to win those type of games.

I have heard rumors that Gardner went through a gauntlet of parents also at the end of the season and was considering throwing in the towel now that Mack is out. Could be an interesting year coming up for LHS fans......

How is making a state tournament not capitalizing on its' talent? Sounds like they had an off day an unfortunately played twice that day. It happens in baseball.

What about Odle's brother-in-law? He's probably one of the 5 best players to step on that field as a player. I've heard that he is finishing up his masters'. Is that true? Maybe a Odle/Britt combo?

How is making a state tournament not capitalizing on its' talent? Sounds like they had an off day an unfortunately played twice that day. It happens in baseball.

What about Odle's brother-in-law? He's probably one of the 5 best players to step on that field as a player. I've heard that he is finishing up his masters'. Is that true? Maybe a Odle/Britt combo?

Now that you mention it Mr.Britt would be an excellent choice also. Great players often make great coaches.

Let me say this......Jason Patterson is a good coach. He is not afriad to schedule games and he puts his best talent on the field. If you look at Lexington's schedule he didnt play any cup cakes out of district. He coached Lexington to a win agianst a Harpeth team that made it to state also. If a baseball team makes its to state....there is no way you can say they were 1 and done. Like I said great players often make great coaches, and Patterson was once one of the greatest pitchers in this area.