McKenzie vs. Forrest

mcfan10

I would say there's a lot of people that will argue with that your statement of best pitcher.....the numbers don't lie....regardless of the errors, look at the statistics.

I won't argue the obvious. Mikey will be drafted probably second or third round and will be the first pitcher drafted from our state. Could be a first round pick. I wasn't there but based on what's been said, Drew matched up well today but the errors were the difference? right or wrong?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to McKenzie from their Disrict 13A opponents... Glad you guys were able to prevail in the state tournament this year. It would've been nice to see you and Huntingdon in the championship again. But obviously Forrest has a really great team, as well. And you guys held it down for us. Congratulations!!!

Congrat's to the kids from Mckenzie! Is Drew related to Coach Hayes at Bethel?

He beat the best Pitcher in the state this morning. Minor is an All American.

Congrat's to Forrest as well. I'm guessing Mikey didn't give up an earned run all year? Great season guy's ! You played hard all year and you played with character.

Mikey gave up one earned run this year, against Huntland the night he set the record for strikeouts in a game.

Great performance by Drew Hayes and Mckenzie. The teams look evenly matched. I bet if they played 10 games they would split.

Edited by Vultor

I won't argue the obvious. Mikey will be drafted probably second or third round and will be the first pitcher drafted from our state. Could be a first round pick. I wasn't there but based on what's been said, Drew matched up well today but the errors were the difference? right or wrong?

I'd definitely say that Minor will be a lower 1st, or higher 2nd round pick. I believe that Hayes will actually be the first pitcher drafted. If Minor is, it will be because he's left handed. Their were several scouts there today, Minor topped out at 88, as the Hayes kid at 95 and 5 or 6 times at that, then 94 10-12 times. I've also heard that Minor has only hit 90 once this year on a scout guns where as to a lot of posters on this site have said that he stays 92-94....just a thought as to how much people really know on a site sometimes.

I'd definitely say that Minor will be a lower 1st, or higher 2nd round pick. I believe that Hayes will actually be the first pitcher drafted. If Minor is, it will be because he's left handed. Their were several scouts there today, Minor topped out at 88, as the Hayes kid at 95 and 5 or 6 times at that, then 94 10-12 times. I've also heard that Minor has only hit 90 once this year on a scout guns where as to a lot of posters on this site have said that he stays 92-94....just a thought as to how much people really know on a site sometimes.

I would be surprised to see either of them go in the first 8 rounds this year. Hayes hitting 95 is a shock to me - was it on a Stalker or Jugs - if not, it's not that reliable.

Congratulations to the McKenzie Rebels and Coach Maddox - job well done in proving everyone wrong about Class A baseball in West TN. Union City, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Halls, JCS, Adamsville all fielded quality teams this year as well.

Don't think the errors didn't kill us-they did. Everybody has an off day. Even a team with "hot bats". I think the big hitters were trying too hard. The Hayes kid is not better than Mikie Minor. They are both outstanding athletes. McKenzie played better today, that's the long and short of it. If nobody big has looked at Hayes yet, how come? If he has pitched like that everygame he should have D-1 schools and pros drooling all over him.

Mikie has hit 90's MANY times this season, consistantly. We've been seeing many scouts all season, and colleges last year.

Great season to the Rockets. We are all so very proud of all you have accomplished. Do not hang your heads in shame, you've reached a level no other Forrest baseball team has ever been to before. It has been a great ride and I was proud to be there even at the end.

Congratulatiions to McKenzie. Hope you all have a safe trip home.

Edited by LovethoseRockets

I would be surprised to see either of them go in the first 8 rounds this year. Hayes hitting 95 is a shock to me - was it on a Stalker or Jugs - if not, it's not that reliable.

Congratulations to the McKenzie Rebels and Coach Maddox - job well done in proving everyone wrong about Class A baseball in West TN. Union City, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Halls, JCS, Adamsville all fielded quality teams this year as well.

Yes it was the Stalker Sport guns since it was pro scouts there, so I'd say it was pretty reliable.

Don't think the errors didn't kill us-they did. Everybody has an off day. Even a team with "hot bats". I think the big hitters were trying too hard. The Hayes kid is not better than Mikie Minor. They are both outstanding athletes. McKenzie played better today, that's the long and short of it. If nobody big has looked at Hayes yet, how come? If he has pitched like that everygame he should have D-1 schools and pros drooling all over him.

Mikie has hit 90's MANY times this season, consistantly. We've been seeing many scouts all season, and colleges last year.

Great season to the Rockets. We are all so very proud of all you have accomplished. Do not hang your heads in shame, you've reached a level no other Forrest baseball team has ever been to before. It has been a great ride and I was proud to be there even at the end.

Congratulatiions to McKenzie. Hope you all have a safe trip home.

I'd say it's a shootout as to who's better, you can't argue in baseball who's better than one other unless it's just a far distinction, but in baseball you can be beat on any day. And every DI school has looked at Hayes, he's told the majority of them no with the exception of Vanderbilt and Birmingham Southern and Bethel. And the director of major league scouting has been down to see him and give him the test already, so I'd say that qualifies him as being drooled over. And I'm just telling you what the scouts were telling me, as he has only touched 90 one time this year on their guns. Forrest is a great team, and Minor is a phenomenal player, but I still believe he's 2nd best.

according to the scouts that was there and that have been scouting Mikie all year said that hayes was clocked at 91 a few times but mostly around 89, 90. Mikie was at 87, 88. Mikie did loose some velocity due to lack of days rest between starts during the post season games. Was a good game & congrats to McKenzie.

I don't know about the guns today, but I do know that in the East Robertson game last week some of their fans talked to 4 or 5 of the scouts that were there and they all had him at 97 about 4 times, low 90's 8 out of 10 pitches other times. That was not the first time, either. Why would Hayes want to go to Bethel if he could go to a big school? Be a gracious winner. You guys took it today, if it was played again next week it might be a different story. Congratulations again.

Just got Home. What a game. Minor vs Hayes. Forrest and McKenzie.

Hayes was pumped. After hearing how the Forrest players had run thier pie holes he went out and shut it up for them. After the first batter from Forrest watched the first fast ball go by he looked back to the dug as to say we are in trouble and they were.

Hayes was on fire. The fast ball was to much for Forrest and that was the difference. Hats off to both teams and Congads from Huntingdon to the

McKenzie Rebels.