McKenzie vs. Forrest

mcfan10

As it goes, it shows you are like many of the other people that dog that school. They are now in our conference and they are a very respectable team and program. I have a lot of respect for the coaches and players, they are a fun team to be around. They are now in our conference, which will be the #1 conference in the country in NAIA. As much as I hate to say it, if he goes there that makes them an automatic contender for top spot. So i'd say that would be graciously winning, and so would everyone else. Besides just because you go to a DI school, doesn't mean that you are a better athlete, it just means you get more tv time, and you get more free apparel, but if you've got talent, the scouts will find you, especially a kid like that, as to who's already on the radar anyway.

And as far as Minor throwing 97, that's the biggest crock of B.S. i've ever heard in my life, i sat there and watched him top out at 88 on a stalker sport gun with Rodney Henderson who is with the Mets. I saw the same gun get Hayes at 95....argument solved. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's ok you don't have to make something up.

If Hayes hit 95, and he probably did, he didn't or couldn't throw it for a strike. He threw alot of hard stuff and it was all up. Hes a good pitcher and Mckenzie is a good team. They won today 2-0. Hits were even at 3. I would say Minor's velocity was down some today, Thats not an excuse. Remember McKenzie only got 3 hits off him. So give some respect just like you expect Hayes to get. Fact is Minor has a full ride to Vanderbilt and is going to go probably in the 3rd round of the amature draft. I predict he will go to the Devil Rays. I don't know who has been looking at Hayes. He pitched well today. He was impressive. Congratulations to Drew Hayes and McKenzie.

Edited by Vultor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hayes hit 95, and he probably did, he didn't or couldn't throw it for a strike. He threw alot of hard stuff and it was all up. Hes a good pitcher and Mckenzie is a good team. They won today 2-0. Hits were even at 3. I would say Minor's velocity was down some today, Thats not an excuse. Remember McKenzie only got 3 hits off him. So give some respect just like you expect Hayes to get. Fact is Minor has a full ride to Vanderbilt and is going to go probably in the 3rd round of the amature draft. I predict he will go to the Devil Rays. I don't know who has been looking at Hayes. He pitched well today. He was impressive. Congratulations to Drew Hayes and McKenzie.

Whos care how hard everybody was throwin! The bottom line is mckenzie came out on top! They found a way to win! That what a #1 team does.

Hyes during the regular season has had alot of attention. Colleges that sent scouts were UT Knoxville, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Birmingham Southern, Bethel, and a few others. There was a scout at every game he pitched this year. Pros who sent scouts were Cleveland Indians, Anaheim Angels, and Arizona Diamonbacks and also the President of the MLB Scouting Association put the gun on him and he hit 94 and 95 at some point in every ballgame. Taking nothing away from Minor as he looks to have a good future also but I would have to say Hayes takes the Number 1 spot.

Most of this thread people have compared Minor and Hayes, and it's not fair to these great young men. They have a different pitching style. But the biggest difference is McKenzie's strategy worked against us on Friday, and ours may or may not have worked if we played again. But that too, has already been discussed for "there is no tomorrow for the Rockets". Well there is no tomorrow for 2 fine young men who both have poured their heart and soul in to what is now their alma mater. If the two are to be compared well compare their character and you'll probably find the same person. They both have unreal work ethics (you don't get where they are without it) academically are sound (Minor is attending Vanderbilt), they have heart (we all witnessed that on Friday), and both showed awesome sportsmanship....you know the one where it's as important to know how to win as it is to know how to loose (what we've all spent our lives teaching our children). I don't know about ya'll but I'd be proud to call either one "son".

But as the thread earlier stated "is the sport for parents or for kids"....we need to remember these two young men have given their lives to baseball...Hayes is feeling the reward for his work (deservingly), but Minor is feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders.

As it goes, it shows you are like many of the other people that dog that school. They are now in our conference and they are a very respectable team and program. I have a lot of respect for the coaches and players, they are a fun team to be around. They are now in our conference, which will be the #1 conference in the country in NAIA. As much as I hate to say it, if he goes there that makes them an automatic contender for top spot. So i'd say that would be graciously winning, and so would everyone else. Besides just because you go to a DI school, doesn't mean that you are a better athlete, it just means you get more tv time, and you get more free apparel, but if you've got talent, the scouts will find you, especially a kid like that, as to who's already on the radar anyway.

And as far as Minor throwing 97, that's the biggest crock of B.S. i've ever heard in my life, i sat there and watched him top out at 88 on a stalker sport gun with Rodney Henderson who is with the Mets. I saw the same gun get Hayes at 95....argument solved. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's ok you don't have to make something up.

Cutter you need to chill before being defensive about your team allows your alligator mouth to overload your hummingbird backside. If Drew is anything like his Dad he's a class act and a fine person. Coach Hayes recruited my son and he's exactly the kind of coach you would want your son to play for.

We've played Forrest many times over the years and it seemed we faced Mikey 4 or 5 times. This year we faced him at home and I posted here after he set the record we were'nt that bad, Mikey was just that good. There were four or five pro scouts there that night and I personally spoke to two of them. For the last two seasons Mikey has thrown it in the low 90's from the jugs gun. But that's not what makes him special. His change up I think is his best pitch and he's so effortless.

The Forrest kids that I know are good kids, Albarron, Pratt, Lamb, Skelly. But Mikey is the most unassuming easy going top athlete I have evr met, and I've met and coached a few. More importantly, he earned my sons respect with the way he handled being a top prospect. You would be foolish to base your opinion on MM from what you saw yesterday. Good luck to both graduating classes!

according to the scouts that was there and that have been scouting Mikie all year said that hayes was clocked at 91 a few times but mostly around 89, 90. Mikie was at 87, 88. Mikie did loose some velocity due to lack of days rest between starts during the post season games. Was a good game & congrats to McKenzie.

be gracious winners??? lovethoserockets....yall are a real fine bunch to talk about being gracious and sportsmanlike...yall are as a team the most arrogant/cocky team ive seen...if yall would have won, everyone would have heard bout yalls win and how great minor is.....well im just glad yall didnt win where none of us have to hear about it...and no one cares if he has lost velocity or not...unearned or earned all anyone has heard from yall is that he throws no hitters and that next to God he is the next best thing...congrats to mckenzie and even though i was pulling for a mid-state team to win..im real glad it wasnt forrest

be gracious winners??? lovethoserockets....yall are a real fine bunch to talk about being gracious and sportsmanlike...yall are as a team the most arrogant/cocky team ive seen...if yall would have won, everyone would have heard bout yalls win and how great minor is.....well im just glad yall didnt win where none of us have to hear about it...and no one cares if he has lost velocity or not...unearned or earned all anyone has heard from yall is that he throws no hitters and that next to God he is the next best thing...congrats to mckenzie and even though i was pulling for a mid-state team to win..im real glad it wasnt forrest

You're full of it, full of what I will not say. Those boys are not arrogant or cocky. I take offense to that statement. You may here fans talk smack at games or even write smack on this website but remember those are the fans not the players. There are fans of many teams who talk smack or write smack and every once in a while you will get a player or two to write smack about one another but usually its the fans. Mckenzie deserved to win they had great pitching, made the plays when they needed to along with timely hitting, period.

You're full of it, full of what I will not say. Those boys are not arrogant or cocky. I take offense to that statement. You may here fans talk smack at games or even write smack on this website but remember those are the fans not the players. There are fans of many teams who talk smack or write smack and every once in a while you will get a player or two to write smack about one another but usually its the fans. Mckenzie deserved to win they had great pitching, made the plays when they needed to along with timely hitting, period.

Coming from a Huntingdon parent, the Forest players were a class act both games we played them. They had several opportunities to get really ugly but didn't. Other than Minor standing at the plate and watching the first bomb he hit in the second game (he never would have gotten a chance to hit the second one out) the kids were great. I'm not even mad that Minor did that, because it was a bomb and he probably won't be getting to admire any of his own at Vandy. Congrats to Forest on a great season with a class ball club. Good luck in the future, hope to see you back there next year.

Coming from a Huntingdon parent, the Forest players were a class act both games we played them. They had several opportunities to get really ugly but didn't. Other than Minor standing at the plate and watching the first bomb he hit in the second game (he never would have gotten a chance to hit the second one out) the kids were great. I'm not even mad that Minor did that, because it was a bomb and he probably won't be getting to admire any of his own at Vandy. Congrats to Forest on a great season with a class ball club. Good luck in the future, hope to see you back there next year.

First of all you need to qiut directing your statement towards McKenzie!! You didn't come out and say it, but thats what you mean't. Nobody from McKenzie said anything about them, whoever is saying this is probably from a town close to them!! So don't stick your nose in something that you know nothing about.

First of all you need to qiut directing your statement towards McKenzie!! You didn't come out and say it, but thats what you mean't. Nobody from McKenzie said anything about them, whoever is saying this is probably from a town close to them!! So don't stick your nose in something that you know nothing about.

Easy baddogg, I really didn't have a problem with Forest. I didn't see any bad acting players the 5 times we played Mckenzie either. What am I directing towards Mckenzie other than Congratulations?!? You got the wrong guy here.

I challenge you to go through the threads here on coacht and count the threads about Forrest. You'll find no posts about winning streaks or even very few posts on scores from games. The only post you will find are when something special happens like the night Mikie set the State Record for strikeouts. The boys didn't heckle teams they just played their game. Most of the post you think you are talking about are from people not from Chapel Hill who have come to watch them play. I'm sorry your so jealous of Forrest's and Mikie's success this year but you'll just have to get over it. McKenzie played a better game and thats all there is to it. Drew and Mikie will both be very successful. Congatulations to both of them.

Sorry if you think I'm full of BS, I don't even have a kid on the team. That is not a very nice thing to say about someone you don't even know. I'm just a person from Chapel Hill who is proud of all that these guys have done this year, and been honored to watch them make many of their great strides (like setting those records at the state torunament.) I'll say again, congratulations McKenzie, glad your players played with class. You are a very good baseball team. Rockets, thanks for the memories. We really appreciate your time and devotion to our Alma Mater. Congratulations also to Huntingdon and Lookout Valley. It took determination to get to the "elete eight". It was a great trip to the "big dance", and nothing shameful about being runner-up! Thanks again, Rockets!