How did Middle Tennessee do?

Slyder

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like even one of the college fields in Nashville would have been closer and even more preferrable to visitors than Columbia. It just seemed strange that they could not find a suitable field closer than Columbia. Having said that though, being a graduate of MTSU and knowing the town of Murfreesboro and their ability to host events, I`m sure overall they did a fine job. But Columbia???

They played at Lipscomb University, most likely the only college field in Nashville available. Belmont plays at Greer Stadium (not available, Sounds at home) and Shelby Park (when Greer isn't available). Vanderbilt most likely wasn't available. Does Trevecca have lights? That covers the Nashville colleges.

If Cumberland had lights, and was available, I'd say two of the classes would be in Lebanon.

Having lights so you only have to play three games in one day was a major factor. Last year in Memphis there were two fields not available at night, forcing four games at the other fields in the class.

I think the only problem with Columbia was the pairing with Blackman. Columbia's field was probably the best that was used in the tournament, with MTSU's being near the bottom -- constant wear and tear.

They played at Lipscomb University, most likely the only college field in Nashville available. Belmont plays at Greer Stadium (not available, Sounds at home) and Shelby Park (when Greer isn't available). Vanderbilt most likely wasn't available. Does Trevecca have lights? That covers the Nashville colleges.

If Cumberland had lights, and was available, I'd say two of the classes would be in Lebanon.

Having lights so you only have to play three games in one day was a major factor. Last year in Memphis there were two fields not available at night, forcing four games at the other fields in the class.

I think the only problem with Columbia was the pairing with Blackman. Columbia's field was probably the best that was used in the tournament, with MTSU's being near the bottom -- constant wear and tear.

What other high schools in the area were available and not used?

I think most people that make the trip would prefer a closer proximity to the rest of the games to make it easier to see other teams play.

You are talking about just one sport. I am sure another field in the area (probably MTCS) will be used next year. I don't know why Columbia State was used this time. I agree that it's too far away from Murfreesboro. MTSU is about to begin their renovation of their facilites too. It will be about as good as any upon completion. I also would have thought the softball championship games would have been at MTSU. Why weren't they?

Edited by Antwan

What other high schools in the area were available and not used?

I think most people that make the trip would prefer a closer proximity to the rest of the games to make it easier to see other teams play.

Come on Vg,

Do you not expect the fling to make its way to Jackson. They will have a brand new 17 field complex and Pringles Park for a championship game. They have always had the tennis and track and field. I think there is no way the fling doesnt find a homw in Jackson.

Come on Vg,

Do you not expect the fling to make its way to Jackson. They will have a brand new 17 field complex and Pringles Park for a championship game. They have always had the tennis and track and field. I think there is no way the fling doesnt find a homw in Jackson.

The thing that Murfreesboro has on every other city is central location. I think that is a very important factor.

Come on Vg,

That would be nice. I think once the ball fields are in place Jackson could do a great job at hosting it. I don`t think our location is all that bad either. I agree Murfreesboro has a great geographical location, but in reality its only 2 and 1/2 hours from Murfreesboro. Folks that really want to see spring fling would travel that far. I went to Chattanoga last fall for girls state soccer. I didn`t mind that at all. I guess the nice thing is that there are several places around that can do a good job at handling it.

Columbia is a long way out. I am sure they will change this over time.

not sure why columbia was used but the facilities there are great..........is it really that far of a drive to columbia from the boro????? i mean if were talking nashville or lebanon as an alternative thats not that big of a difference is it?.....d2 was in franklin which is not alot closer than columbia

The folks at Oakland did a FANTASTIC JOB!

Super field conditions, did a great job between games working the field too. Friendly folks working concessions.

They shoud be proud!

Thanks for the long hours & hard work getting ready. :lol:

agreed

The new baseball stadium looks great. I hear they may be starting some of the work this summer (gutting out, prepwork, etc). Look for there to be events and seating held in the concourse areas of the football stadium as well, overlooking center and left fields of the baseball stadium. This stadium will be second to none in the state--> collegiate, that is.

Also hearing rumors of a jumbotron in the baseball stadium, when everything is complete.

The plaza area will be used for football tailgating as well. It'll be a focus point for all of our athletics. Look for upgrades to other facilities as well, in the near future!!

Edited by KAjunRaider