Chris Donald

BIGBLU

I wish everyone would just shut up and let him enjoy being a MUSTANG with his friends for one more year. I promise you when it is all said and done and he is out of college, he will probable tell you that was his best memories. Good luck this year Cris, we have and will enjoy you no matter where you go or what you do.

GO MUSTANGS :lol:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contracts are broken every day. The NFL will pay much more money (even more than Notre Dame) than any college. If Bill Parcells retires, and Jerry Jones (and his money) come calling, you think Weis is gonna turn that down?

If ND down or up it doesn't matter the head coaching job at ND carries a ton of prestige. It would be hard to leave that behind to coach at the pro level where head coaching jobs are more of a revolving door. Weis is at ND for a long time to come.

Contracts are broken every day. The NFL will pay much more money (even more than Notre Dame) than any college. If Bill Parcells retires, and Jerry Jones (and his money) come calling, you think Weis is gonna turn that down?

There was speculation that he might leave last season, because NFL teams were inquiring abot him...hence the 10 year extension. He wants recruits and fans to know he's not going anywhere soon. A lot of people don't realize that Weis is an ND grad, and being the head coach there is his dream job. Also, money isn't an issue. Weis is the highest paid coach in college football (close to four million a year). He'll be there a while.

The one thing about Chris going to TN and not ND is that if Chris goes to TN he will be a superstar as soon as he gets there. Everybody in this state knows who he is and many will go watch him play. If he goes to ND he will just be another player in a state where not many people know him and not many people would drive to ND just to watch him play.

Anyone heard anything recently?....hearing some rumors.....

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Apparently, there have been some rumors floating around on Tennessee football message boards that Donald is committing to Notre Dame. These people claim to be in the know. Hope its true, but I know how rumors are on the internet. I will believe it when it has been verified by a credible person.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Apparently, there have been some rumors floating around on Tennessee football message boards that Donald is committing to Notre Dame. These people claim to be in the know. Hope its true, but I know how rumors are on the internet. I will believe it when it has been verified by a credible person.

"Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame...."

I heard he made a visit to Sewanee over the weekend. They offered to rename McGee Field and change the official name of the the school to the University of Chris. Last minute negotiations are proceeding to make him Vice Chancellor - you have to be an Episcopalian bishop to be Chancellor. However, there have been discussions about a mini seminary opportunity over the Xmas break so that position could also be offered. I understand that the school colors are also on the table.

UT has countered with an offer of an east Tennessee Dodge dealership, the Knoxville Pabst distributorship and a guaranteed 4.0 in the major of his choice.

The Vatican on behalf of ND has offered immediate canonization and the renaming of the church of Chris' choice (except the Vatican).

Brentwood Academy hoping for a senior year transfer offered free tickets to a couple of scimmages citing precedence. Ronnie Carter, when asked about the legality of Brentwood's offer told them to check with Lee Barfield.

Edited by uncfan13