Chris Donald

BIGBLU

I heard he made a visit to Sewanee over the weekend. They offered to rename McGee Field and change the official name of the the school to the University of Chris. Last minute negotiations are proceeding to make him Vice Chancellor - you have to be an Episcopalian bishop to be Chancellor. However, there have been discussions about a mini seminary opportunity over the Xmas break so that position could also be offered. I understand that the school colors are also on the table.

UT has countered with an offer of an east Tennessee Dodge dealership, the Knoxville Pabst distributorship and a guaranteed 4.0 in the major of his choice.

The Vatican on behalf of ND has offered immediate canonization and the renaming of the church of Chris' choice (except the Vatican).

Brentwood Academy hoping for a senior year transfer offered free tickets to a couple of scimmages citing precedence. Ronnie Carter, when asked about the legality of Brentwood's offer told them to check with Lee Barfield.

Now that was funny. :thumb:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to chris personally last week and asked him where he was going and he said he didnt know. He said that he thought Charlie Weis was cool but he hasnt made up his mind yet, so unless things has changed since then I dont think is mind is made up.

I also heard that Fulmer had heard about the rumors as well and called out the high school twice yesterday to check and make sure he had not made any commitment.

I talked to chris personally last week and asked him where he was going and he said he didnt know. He said that he thought Charlie Weis was cool but he hasnt made up his mind yet, so unless things has changed since then I dont think is mind is made up.

I also heard that Fulmer had heard about the rumors as well and called out the high school twice yesterday to check and make sure he had not made any commitment.

Coach Windham called him several times also. Asked him if he would want a new mascot. Reportedly, Chris told him he liked leprechauns but was also fond of various rodents as long as they're well done.

He's been rumored to have countered UT's offer of the Dodge dealership with a request to throw in a Toyota dealership (has his eye on Rav4). Fulmer has contacted some alumnae.

Edited by uncfan13

I don't think so besides we only got one spot left and the two young men vying for the position are tough!

Understand that since Maryville is close to K'ville and is rumored to be the site of the Dodge dealership that you have an inside track for at least the second half of this season. His third cousin once removed spoke to Fulmer's nieghbor who has it on good authority from Fulmer's housekeeper who overheard a phone conversation involving Fulmer's daughter Brittany who is on the UT diving team. I mean, how much more reliable can you get?

Edited by uncfan13

I wish I were a moderator so I could shut this thread down.

Congratulations, Chris, if you do read this, I hope you accomplish your goals and have a good time along the way, no matter where you go.

I don`t see anything much wrong. No one is bashing Chris on this thread. I think all who are posting wish him the very best in whatever his decision. The htread is pretaining to schools that are recruiting him and thats pretty much been the discussion on here. Looks like its down to UT and ND. There has been lots of discussion about the pros and cons of each. If anything maybe it should be moved to the college boards, but I`ll let coacht make the decision on that. Otherwise, many people are interested in keeping up with whats going on with Chris` recruitment. The Jackson Sun has even written 3 stories so far on it. Plus they had another one today regarding rumors that he had already committed to ND. Chris is a very good player. It`s not his fault that so many are interested in what he decides.

Volunteer[/url'>General' post='826098624' date='Aug 16 2006 - 02:36 PM']

I don`t see anything much wrong. No one is bashing Chris on this thread. I think all who are posting wish him the very best in whatever his decision. The htread is pretaining to schools that are recruiting him and thats pretty much been the discussion on here. Looks like its down to UT and ND. There has been lots of discussion about the pros and cons of each. If anything maybe it should be moved to the college boards, but I`ll let coacht make the decision on that. Otherwise, many people are interested in keeping up with whats going on with Chris` recruitment. The Jackson Sun has even written 3 stories so far on it. Plus they had another one today regarding rumors that he had already committed to ND. Chris is a very good player. It`s not his fault that so many are interested in what he decides.

The serious stuff is a young man's opportunity to go to the school of his choice. If I were Chris Donald I'd make a point of never looking at CoachT until January.

The entertaining stuff is the regular speculation on this board by the ignorant leading the uniformed. And I'll claim playing both, sometimes at the same time! Have you heard that McCallie has recruited a 350 pound Samoan who runs the 40 in 4.2, has an SAT of 1550 and a vertical leap of 50 inches? He was going to go to Ooltewah but McCallie offered him a $50K signing bonus. Says he's undecided about going to UT or ND. The Titans are interested in him but he'll have to have a drivers license first for ID to fly to games.