Chris Donald

BIGBLU

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826086165' date='Jul 31 2006 - 08:26 PM']

Nope..cause it ain`t that special. It might be to some folks, but I could care less. Let me run through that T in front of over 100,000 fans. Now that is special. :angry:

I hope Donald just goes with his heart wherever it is. He`s a great high school player and his college career looks promising, but there`s way too much hype on him. Meaning he is being built up to be an all-american. There have been a lot of very high profile high school kids who never did well in college. There have also been a lot of kids that went under most everyones radar like Patrick Willis that have exceeded expectations. I`m just gonna wait and see where he wants to go and thenjust wish him the very best of luck at the next level.

For $1 million you can run through the "T". Ask John Thornton. Of course John said it only cost half a million because after he ran through once, he ran back around and through again.

Tennessee seems to be having a lot of trouble off the field again this week. That can't be good when your competing with other schools for prospects like Chris. Looks to me like Notre Dame would be a far better environment to be in. Havn't seen where any of their players have been waiving fake guns at off duty police officers.

Sounds like Chris is going to hold off on a commitment for a while. He wants to take official visits to Tennessee and to Notre Dame and then decide which school he wants to attend. I still think Tennessee is the favorite in this, but it is getting more interesting as each day passes.

Are you sure Donald is going to take trips back to UT and ND? His plan had been to only take one official visit, and that would be to the school he commits to.

Volunteer[/url'>General' post='826086011' date='Jul 31 2006 - 07:38 PM']

bah...notre dame ain`t that special.

Really? If the kid really has the choice between UT and ND, there is no choice to make. Notre Dame is clearly the best of the best. Maybe not in the win block of late but there is no school that gets more exposure than does ND and the tradition and campus is second to none..

Really? If the kid really has the choice between UT and ND, there is no choice to make. Notre Dame is clearly the best of the best. Maybe not in the win block of late but there is no school that gets more exposure than does ND and the tradition and campus is second to none..

UT sends as many guys to the NFL as Notre Dame

I don`t care how pretty the campus is. Stupid reason to pick a school if you ask me.

Chavis is one of the best defensive coaches around...anywhere.

UT and Neyland stadium has consistently been voted at the top of best college atmospheres.

UT sends MORE players to the NFL than Notre Dame. Assuming that something catastrophic occurs and that Chris never plays on Sundays, it might be better to have a degree from Notre Dame. Then again, maybe not. If I remember correctly, Chris is wanting to go to a school with a great engineering program. According to USnews.com and America's Top 50 Engineering Schools in 2007, UT and Notre Dame are nowhere to be found.

To sum it all up, Donald would receive just as good of an education at UT as he would at ND. Also, he would have a better shot of reaching the NFL. ND may have an OFFENSIVE guru in Charlie Weis, but UT has a DEFENSIVE mastermind in John Chavis. Which side of the ball does Chris prefer?

Well said phamacist...well said!

UT sends MORE players to the NFL than Notre Dame. Assuming that something catastrophic occurs and that Chris never plays on Sundays, it might be better to have a degree from Notre Dame. Then again, maybe not. If I remember correctly, Chris is wanting to go to a school with a great engineering program. According to USnews.com and America's Top 50 Engineering Schools in 2007, UT and Notre Dame are nowhere to be found.

To sum it all up, Donald would receive just as good of an education at UT as he would at ND. Also, he would have a better shot of reaching the NFL. ND may have an OFFENSIVE guru in Charlie Weis, but UT has a DEFENSIVE mastermind in John Chavis. Which side of the ball does Chris prefer?

I'm not sure if Chris is wanting to major in engineering...he might be, but I don't remember that. Anyways, Donald WOULD NOT receive just as good of an education at UT as he would at ND. Not knocking UT, because they have stiffened up their academic standards and are making strides in that area; however, your claim that their education is equal to ND's is not true. Just because neither school showed up on USnews top 50 engineering programs, doesn't mean they have equal academics. Since you cited USnews...I'll do the same. On the list of top national universities, ND is tied with Vanderbilt at 18th. Stanford and Duke are the only two colleges ranked ahead of Notre Dame that play D-1 football. Tennessee is ranked 85th on the list, which is respectable. ND's incoming freshman average a 1400 on the SAT or 32 on the ACT, compared to UT's 1190 and 26. Also, USnews listed that Notre Dame has the 4th highest graduation rate overall (96%).

So, to sum it all up, Donald would not receive just as good of an education at UT as he would at ND. Chavis is a good defensive coordinator, and he has a good history of getting some guys to the league. But you can't really justify claims that UT offers an equal education than ND. I will say that I'm glad Fulmer is getting a little more serious now...saw today where Lee Smith got kicked off the team before he ever had his first practice (DUI). I've heard that Cutcliffe doesn't play around either, and he is all about discipline.

I'm not knocking UT, but ND cleary has the edge academically. It wasnt but just 2 years ago that everyone in the media was saying that ND needed to lower its eligibility requirements if they wanted to be successful in college football again.

As far as putting people in the NFL UT does have the edge but not by much. As of right now UT has 42 players on NFL rosters but ND has 37.

Edited by montague1

I'm not knocking UT, but ND cleary has the edge academically. It wasnt but just 2 years ago that everyone in the media was saying that ND needed to lower its eligibility requirements if they wanted to be successful in college football again.

As far as putting people in the NFL UT does have the edge but not by much. As of right now UT has 42 players on NFL rosters but ND has 37.

How long has it been since ND won a bowl game? How long has it been since they had a guy drafted in the first round? I know UT doesn't have the academics that ND does, however like you said they are making strides in that area. Chris will be great wherever he goes and I hope him well but ND is the media darling right now and it makes them such an easy sell. Truth is ND hasn't really done anything on the football field since Holtz left. ND may be on the way up but didn't Willingham win a lot his first year? We all now how that turned out. Well like I said I wish Chris the best no matter what he chooses, because he is a great kid and deserves to be a highly touted recruit.