Drew Hayes goes in 29th round to Arizona

thedtrain

I intended to let this go, but just had to respond.

A high school kid taken in the later rounds will not be put in A ball to start his professional career. Would not happen. If he chooses to to sign, he will begin in short season rookie ball. Nothing wrong with that. The organization wants the young man to learn how to be a professional ball player, and this is the way they do it. Don't take my word for it. Check Baseball America or any other source you choose, none of the high school picks in the 1st round for 2004 or 2005 that signed the summer they were drafted skipped short season ball! One or two may have made it to an A club by the end of the summer, but they didn't start there.

And there are many position players in the minors who were pitchers in high school, and lots of them threw in the 90's.

You may be confusing extended spring training for rookie ball. It isn't the same. Short season starts June 21st and will run through August. Extended spring is for those players not placed on full season clubs coming out of the spring. They work out and play from April until short season starts, then they are placed on a rookie team or higher. So in that sense, extended spring will end soon, June 20th.

Best of luck to Drew, in whatever he decides to do. I hear he is an outstanding player. :lol:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A high school kid taken in the later rounds will not be put in A ball to start his professional career. Would not happen. If he chooses to to sign, he will begin in short season rookie ball. Nothing wrong with that. The organization wants the young man to learn how to be a professional ball player, and this is the way they do it. Don't take my word for it. Check Baseball America or any other source you choose, none of the high school picks in the 1st round for 2004 or 2005 that signed the summer they were drafted skipped short season ball! One or two may have made it to an A club by the end of the summer, but they didn't start there.

And there are many position players in the minors who were pitchers in high school, and lots of them threw in the 90's.

You may be confusing extended spring training for rookie ball. It isn't the same. Short season starts June 21st and will run through August. Extended spring is for those players not placed on full season clubs coming out of the spring. They work out and play from April until short season starts, then they are placed on a rookie team or higher. So in that sense, extended spring will end soon, June 20th.

Best of luck to Drew, in whatever he decides to do. I hear he is an outstanding player. :lol:

Can we say Gulf Coast League? http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/lea...d=milb&lid=l124

or Pioneer League? http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/lea...d=milb&lid=l128

it doesn't matter what they drafted him as, he'll pitch. rest assure anyone who throws 94 mph, with the array of pitches he has will not play Ss at that level. Rookie league is almost over is why they wouldn't send him there. They want to see what he can give them now, I honestly don't think he'll go anyway. But he's playing for me in a wooden bat league this summer, and he's breaking bats all over the place. Either way, he's going to college on about a 75% sureness level.

Is this Oaky or Coggins?

Best of luck to Drew, in whatever he decides to do. I hear he is an outstanding player. <_<

I'm just telling you what the Diamondbacks told him!

[/u][/color]

Is this Oaky or Coggins?

Neither, close but no Cigar, but whoever you are thanks for calling out their names. You're an idiot, thanks for ruining it for everyone.

I'm just telling you what the Diamondbacks told him!

Neither, close but no Cigar, but whoever you are thanks for calling out their names. You're an idiot, thanks for ruining it for everyone.

Dont really appreciate the idiot comment, Im just to find out who the info is coming from. Unless someone is pretty close to those guys those names arent going to mean anything anyway. They are not exactly world renown. You just tell everyone in Mckenzie that Slo said try returning a phone call every now and then.

[/color]

Dont really appreciate the idiot comment, Im just to find out who the info is coming from. Unless someone is pretty close to those guys those names arent going to mean anything anyway. They are not exactly world renown. You just tell everyone in Mckenzie that Slo said try returning a phone call every now and then.

First off, congratulations to Drew. Great kid who has idiots coming on here on his behalf. I'm also pretty sure that he will go to college instead of rookie ball (straight to class A is a joke). I just hope he gets out of McKenzie and goes to a real college.

Second, it is a head assistant coach at a college - also coaching this summer in the Kitty League (which really is a good, legit league by the way). His "ruining it for everyone" means he likes to come on here under the assumption of anonymity and talk up Drew and down to other CoachT posters. What a professional.

Edited by westtennsports

First off, congratulations to Drew. Great kid who has idiots coming on here on his behalf. I'm also pretty sure that he will go to college instead of rookie ball (straight to class A is a joke). I just hope he gets out of McKenzie and goes to a real college.

Second, it is Coach Thompson, a head assistant coach at a college - also coaching the T's this summer in the Kitty League (which really is a good, legit league by the way). His "ruining it for everyone" means he likes to come on here under the assumption of anonymity and talk up Drew and down to other CoachT posters. What a professional.

I dont think it is Coach Thompson that is why I was asking who it was.