Webb-Knoxville

ehstigas08

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you all think Webb Knox is going to do this year. They looked like they had a really good shot at the championship last year. I think this year might be "the year".

It would be nice if it was their year, but I would like them to lose one game and that's their opener against Powell. For the rest of the games that they play I hope they win because they are always good every year. Plus I don't think one game will hurt them and plus it'll make Powell look good and I hope that Powell will have a better year than everyone thinks that they are going to have.

Webb will win the battle with Powell once again this year. The Panthers would be better off waiting a couple of more years before scheduling Webb again.

I don't know about that. I think Powell will suprise a lot of people that think that without Cody and Lee Powell won't be anything. I think with their new coach that he will have them ready to take on unlike the other coach. Plus Powell will even be better with their new defense that they used last year which was the 3-5-3. I think Powell can hold Webb to around one or two TDs. The only question about Powell will be if their offense and if they will be ready to put some points on the board. Against Oak Ridge in their Spring scrimmage, Powell's offense did descent against them. They showed some signs of weakness but had some plays of being an offense that can compete with teams like Central and Maryville.

I think Powell's defense will keep games close, but ultimately Powell's play-off hopes rest on the shoulders of their offense and how consistant they will be each game.

Also if you havent seen the last two games when Powell played Webb, Powell really beat themselves. That said, I'm not saying Webb is bad, the've really kept the games competitive, but Powell made mistakes on key situations like 2 years ago when Cody got a PI called on him that put them in FG range and they kicked a FG to win the game. Last year, they messed up a PAT. This year if Powell is prepared they could win this game, but like the last 2 years it will come down to who will make the least mistakes.

Ultimately I wish Webb the best of luck this season and hope that they do good this year.

Webb has to replace 14 seniors off the state runner-up team which included 8 defensive starters and 8 offensive starters and ...so it will be tough, but the do have a good core 07 senoir class returning with some good players...They also have some telented 08 junior runningbacks comming up. They cant afford to lose anybody because they have little to no depth. After this year comming up, Webb will begin to slip off greatly unless the administration out there starts to care about winning in sports and starts letting in football players. plus in 08 i hear D-2 will combine all the leagues and webb will have to play year in and year out with McCallie, Baylor, MBA, BA, and the rest of the super 7....and if webb doesnt start letting in players they will get killd by 70.

Webb has to replace 14 seniors off the state runner-up team which included 8 defensive starters and 8 offensive starters and ...so it will be tough, but the do have a good core 07 senoir class returning with some good players...They also have some telented 08 junior runningbacks comming up. They cant afford to lose anybody because they have little to no depth. After this year comming up, Webb will begin to slip off greatly unless the administration out there starts to care about winning in sports and starts letting in football players. plus in 08 i hear D-2 will combine all the leagues and webb will have to play year in and year out with McCallie, Baylor, MBA, BA, and the rest of the super 7....and if webb doesnt start letting in players they will get killd by 70.

8+8=14?

wait wait wait.. They are combining all classes in D2? When did this happen? The teams are in their respected classes for a reason.

8+8=14?

Their were 14 seniors, but webb has alot of people go both ways and i mean 8 senoirs started on offense and 8 seniors started on defense...and like 5 or so of thoes 14 senoirs played both ways....2 senoirs did not start

and ya.....i heard from the webb coach that D2 will be combining AA and AAA....and with the players coming up there is no way that webb can compete with all of them....last year alone only ECS, Webb, and PJP2 could possibly compete and win some games with the elite 8..Mostly just ECS and webb could of played with the elite 8...PJP2 needs a litle more time

• 1 month later...

Their were 14 seniors, but webb has alot of people go both ways and i mean 8 senoirs started on offense and 8 seniors started on defense...and like 5 or so of thoes 14 senoirs played both ways....2 senoirs did not start

and ya.....i heard from the webb coach that D2 will be combining AA and AAA....and with the players coming up there is no way that webb can compete with all of them....last year alone only ECS, Webb, and PJP2 could possibly compete and win some games with the elite 8..Mostly just ECS and webb could of played with the elite 8...PJP2 needs a litle more time

I think JP2 would do as well as Webb with D2AAA and maybe better. Either way JP2 better be prepared for D2AAA because we will be moved to that division in the 2007 season. We have already played and scheduled games with Father Ryan and MBA for the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Hopefully we will fair better than Briarcrest in D2AAA.

I understand your loyalty to Webb but I do not think that Webb would make any great statement in D2AAA. In any case if they do combine AA and AAA then there will definately be some enrollment numbers that change and AA will be split based on enrollment. For example Webb and ECS may move up in 2009, but BGA, Ensworth, & Harding Academy would move down. However, Ensworth intends on playing in the harder divisions in the future and, therefore, would apply to play in the upper division.

All i stated was that last year alone i think pjp2 would of had a tougher time than webb and ECS competing week in and week out with everyone besides father ryan in 2005 dIIAAA....Though in 2006 they probably will be able to compete in that division...we will just have to see. I hear it is almost set in stone that AA and AAA will combine in 2007, but we will have to wait..maybe they will only move up teams like Webb, ECS, PJP2, Ensworth, and BGA and make the others join A