Temple Football

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there's no longer a thread about this game...

I'll say GO MONTEREY WILDCATS!!

Temple should win this game but I just want to throw my support to my county neighbors to the east.

Great job beating Watertown to get to the playoffs.Get to play in a big stadium against a big-time team.Great opportunity for you.

Good luck to both teams.Hope there are no injuries.

GO WILDCATS!!!

THE SQUAD <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Temple's administration needs to take a long hard look at their development guy! He is about to get the athletic program into a lot of trouble! I mean who does this guy think he is going to the Chattanoogan.com and telling them that the school is expecting about 12 new recruits/transfers for next year's football team. I mean that's not going to send out a red flag to the TSSAA. I mean this guy has been pulling bone head moves all year and it's his first year at the school, and this is just ridiculous. It's a shame that a quality athletic program is being run into the ground by a guy who thinks he knows a lot more than he really does.

interesting website. 90% of what is on the website is about football.

They seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket. If that basket doesn't hold the eggs, the school may be history. I am glad they are doing well but they need to work on other areas like the arts, academics...ect.

I believe CCS will have a jv high school team next year.

There are alot of choices if someone wants to go to a small (or smaller) Christian school in Chattanooga to play football.

Haven't heard much from David Brainerd lately.

Temple's administration needs to take a long hard look at their development guy! He is about to get the athletic program into a lot of trouble! I mean who does this guy think he is going to the Chattanoogan.com and telling them that the school is expecting about 12 new recruits/transfers for next year's football team. I mean that's not going to send out a red flag to the TSSAA. I mean this guy has been pulling bone head moves all year and it's his first year at the school, and this is just ridiculous. It's a shame that a quality athletic program is being run into the ground by a guy who thinks he knows a lot more than he really does.

So are they expecting 12 new players, or not?

DB should be getting better. A lot of players and families will want to play for a former NFL player who played high school in Chattanooga, Tawmbi Settles. I'm sure he has connections from McCallie, too. Not saying anything will be done under the table, in any way, with that statement.

I agree. Next year they will be a "homecoming" team but they will get better. Kids want to play for somebody with college or NFL ties if they can. My son always wanted to play at McCallie because he liked their "cement pond" so their are many reason for chosing a school. :lol:

I've been following Temple this season and was introduced to Coach T as a place to find some information regarding the football games. I have bit my tongue several times as I came across posts from people who were down right attacking Mr. Eldridge. It seems to me that these people, like yourself must have a personal issue with him the way they make blatant accusations and personally attack him. Many of the posts I read I know for a fact were not true and only made from one sided point of view like this article that you are referring to and I have seen where two threads were taken down because of this kind of rude and blatantly negative posts about him. I happen to know that he was disappointed that his converstation was not 100% reflective of his interview and he has posted on their website, at the bottom of the article, what he remembers saying. Anyone knows that the media will print whatever they want and put whatever spin on it to suit there purposes. So I ask you and the others to keep this in mind. I keep waiting for him to stand up to his accusers but I guess that he is a better man than you or I as I have yet to see him weigh in. I'm sure he doesn't need me to fight his battles but I am sick and tired of seeing malicious and unwarranted comments made against him. I checked other posts from other schools to see if this is a common practice and it appears only to happen on Temple threads and directed at Mr. Eldridge. As a parent in the school I want to go on record to say that I and many others that I talk to in our school are thankful for him and are excited for what we see him doing so far. Has he made some mistakes? Sure, but who hasn't and as far as we can tell they are honest mistakes from someone whose heart is in the right place and I can't think of anything that he has done that we would label "bone headed". I was raised if you have a problem with someone, the proper way of handling it is to talk to them directly about it. Have you or the others like you who continue to attack him done this? Here is his very visible school email address, reldridge@tntempleacademy.com and the number there is 423-493-4337. Might I suggest you and the others that I have read, take the high road and keep your negative and accusational comments, that are only typed to cause harm and damage to a genuinely nice person if you actually knew him personally, to yourselves and keep these threads on target and worth reading. From my perspective, unless you are a parent in our school, I politely ask you and the others that have spoken out, not to openly criticize one of our administrators. If you are a parent or associated in some way with our school, this is not the place to air your personal issues and I ask you to reconsider your personal testimony and ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?" Please remember that people are judging our school based on your less than pleasant posts. Imagine how you would feel if people were saying about you the kinds of things you are saying about him? And to those who have read these harrassing, attacking and rude posts regarding Mr. Eldridge, don't believe what you read and please don't misjudge our school based on these few people. I would like to apologize for their misrepresentation of what the majority of our school and it's parents are made up of. I hope that my future posts are shorter and lighter. :unsure:

interesting website. 90% of what is on the website is about football.

They seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket. If that basket doesn't hold the eggs, the school may be history. I am glad they are doing well but they need to work on other areas like the arts, academics...ect.

I believe CCS will have a jv high school team next year.

There are alot of choices if someone wants to go to a small (or smaller) Christian school in Chattanooga to play football.

Haven't heard much from David Brainerd lately.

It is true that our website is "heavy" on the football side but there is a logical explanation for this. First, one of Mr. Eldridge's first big jobs to tackle was to get a new website built as the old one was, well it was pathetic. He and the webmaster have been creative geniuses and have been working around the clock to get up what it currently on the site. They have only been working on the new site for only 5 weeks and felt that due to the success of the football team that they should go "all out" for them. Consequently, we believe they have created the best high school athletic website in town; in the region for that matter. We are quite confident that the same kind of excellence and attention to detail will continue throughout the other sports and throughout the other areas like the arts, academics, etc. In fact, I believe our Academics page is now fully functional and have you seen our Tour our Campus page yet? Our campus is second to none. Keep checking back on the website. I understand that it should be "finished" by the end of the year and it will be over 150 pages in depth.

For the record, we have had for the past 26 years nationally award winning fine arts program and our average SAT's range from the 82nd to the 95th percentile. Oh, we have also won state titles in soccer, tennis, cross country and basketball over the years, the most recent being back to back state basketball titles in 02 and 03. Lord willing, we could add 06 to that list with both our girls and boys varsity teams this year and last year the JV went 21-1. Our basket has been and will continue to be full and well rounded. We see the new administration plans to apply to football our school's rich history of excellence as we move forward. Families come to Temple for their education and for the Christian environment and athletics is just one outlet that is available to the students.