Temple Football

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bit my tongue several times as I came across posts from people who were down right attacking Mr. Eldridge. It seems to me that these people, like yourself must have a personal issue with him the way they make blatant accusations and personally attack him.

If you are a parent or associated in some way with our school,

I hope that my future posts are shorter and lighter.

You need to ease up on Fish boy. The best I can tell he is a Temple student :thumb:

Shorter would be good. You are sounding real defensive.

I know a lot of players, former and cuyrent students, even coaches from Temple post on here, surely someone has some thoughts on this. If this was just a rumor put on here by just anyone, I probably wouldn't even respond and would consider closing the topic, but this was from a school administrator.

Why not ask Mr. Eldridge personally your question by contacting him at 423-493-4337 and then post your conversation with him? I have found him to be approachable and open.

I am tired of hearing people on here go off on Rob Eldridge. I seriously doubt if these people even know what good he is doing for the academy period. People just like to run off at the mouth and have no idea what is really going on. Due to the comment reported in the Chattanoogan. What he said makes sense. Temple had a very successful year which could cause an influx of several transfers. This could be at the middle or high school level. It is a very sad situation when good people get blasted for helping keep a program on the map not only athletically but education wise as well. Let us support what the academy and Eldridge are trying to do for these boys and girls.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Temple on having a great season!!

Here is a link for a great video of their last game against Friendship:

http://www.tntempleacademy.com/site_flash/...dship_Video.htm

Great video.

I noticed on the video that the guy from FC did signal a fair catch on the punt and yet he ran it back for a TD. How did the refs miss that one?

Video link correction: http://www.tntempleacademy.com/site_flash/...p_Christian.htm

The way I understand the fair catch rule is that the player receiving the punt or kick, may signal for a fair catch. This is to be done by raising one arm fully above his head and wave it side to side, while the ball is in the air. After making the signal, the receiver may not attempt to advance the ball. If the receiver fails to give a proper signal (arm not fully extended) the receiving team is penalized five yards for an invalid fair catch signal, marked from spot of the signal.

The refs clearly missed this call -- not that it would have made much difference in the game -- but it might have made some difference.

Edited by HoopsterPlaya

As far as Temple having 12 transfers, I would like to propose a logical scenario.

First, I am not sure that Rob meant that there would definitely be 12 transfers but, in his position, he likely either talks to or hears quickly about students who have inquired about Temple. My guess would be that what he intended to communicate was something more like "Based upon the inquiries and/or interviews we have conducted with potential students, it looks like we may have about 12 or so kids transferring in from other schools who are interested in playing football."

I get misquoted and misunderstood all the time.