Class 4A: Region 2 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I know how summer workouts are going from the coaches point of view.

How about the players?

Workouts are going good from a player's point of view. Having around 40 up there working hard in the mornings is going to hopefully lead to better things for Cocke County this season. Being around the last two summers at Cocke County, summer participation was bad. Now we got a pretty good crowd up there at 7 in the morning ready to work and I hope it will lead to improvement this fall.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workouts are going good from a player's point of view. Having around 40 up there working hard in the mornings is going to hopefully lead to better things for Cocke County this season. Being around the last two summers at Cocke County, summer participation was bad. Now we got a pretty good crowd up there at 7 in the morning ready to work and I hope it will lead to improvement this fall.

Thats what I hear from Coach.

How are you all feeling? Seems to be pretty exciting for most guys.

Also noticing that a lot of the guys are getting bigger. I saw the Starting RB the other day and he looks way bigger from basketball season.

Thats what I hear from Coach.

How are you all feeling? Seems to be pretty exciting for most guys.

Also noticing that a lot of the guys are getting bigger. I saw the Starting RB the other day and he looks way bigger from basketball season.

There is excitement for this season, we want to go out and show everybody that we are improving. Jordan has gotten stronger this offseason, he works hard everyday he goes to the weightroom and its showing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. The offense.

Not to mention I think they lost a lot on the Defensive Line. I know Lamar Brown will have his troops ready to go, but last year's DL for West was downright scary. Bunch of big, strong, fast kids.

When your DL can move just as fast east and west as they do north and south, you're gonna have a lot of trouble finding any kind of success.

I'm sure West has about 100 kids at workouts. Thats their tradition since Coach Woods came from Alabama. Of course, thats counting freshman too, I assume?

44 points at Swain County, 35 points at Jeff County hmmm still think there's a problem with the offence?

44 points at Swain County, 35 points at Jeff County hmmm still think there's a problem with the offence?

A prestigious, yet small Class A North Carolina school.

One of the largest schools in TN with one of the smaller football teams in TN...

There may not be problems like I had been told of, but granted, the Mo West schedule isnt a huge task...outside of Knox West and the annual reality check vs. Maryville..

A prestigious, yet small Class A North Carolina school.

One of the largest schools in TN with one of the smaller football teams in TN...

There may not be problems like I had been told of, but granted, the Mo West schedule isnt a huge task...outside of Knox West and the annual reality check vs. Maryville..

Yea, not everyone can schedule South Greene and Seymour out of conference. BTW, who was the last team to win a game against Maryville (and played them out of conference until the new region aligment prevented it)?

Edited by cuz

Yea, not everyone can schedule South Greene and Seymour out of conference. BTW, who was the last team to win a game against Maryville (and played them out of conference until the new region aligment prevented it)?

I'll give you South Greene - but that could change next year. I think the new coach wants to resume the rivalry with Jefferson County. And while Jefferson County is down, they would be a 5A and not a 2A and would be a comparable team to Cocke County in terms of athletes and size of team.

Seymour was originally added to the schedule in Newport at the time when Seymour was coming off of two straight quarter or semifinal appearances in AAA.

Everything is relative though.

Cocke County has won 10 games in four years. West probably averages 8-9 wins per season over that same span.

But their non-conference schedule remains about the same. Aside from the first game of the Swain County series, Swain and South Greene would probably be comparable, perhaps, at least from team/school size.

Knox West and Carter could be equals in terms of talent/athletes. Despite Carter a AAA and West a 4A.

Point is, I'd expect West to have a less-padded non-conference schedule. Of course, looking at the other side of things, West is tough and scares some schools off (especially since there are no "money games" in HS ball).

I dont see why the reclassification of 2004 ended the West/Maryville regular season series. West dropped both Maryville and Cleveland after 2004 and had one conference game in there and Knox West for the other.