Oliver Springs Head Coach?

Fromrange

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there is hope, heard that Mckamey was only "considering" pulling his name out because of the long delay. If he leaves does the O-line coach (Mingea-?) go with him? What a loss-2 great minds!

It is my understanding that he has pulled his name and yes, Mingea leaves also.

Isn't politics great!

I have been told that McKamey has pulled his name for consideration for now. Seems that Mr.Roberts is the only responsible person for hiring the new football coach and is letting personal feelings rule. Now there is only one other coach that has apllied and he's from Clarksville, and he's not sure he wants to uproot his family and move to Oliver Springs. If action is not taken quickly, this years seniors, are going to be left to suffer, because of the actions of ONE! Roberts!

Easy now Catback, I heard from a source that Roberts was not part of the interviews. I believe the future of your program rest with the principle. I do think that the assistant principle/AD should have input-but in the end it is decided on by the principle. What do you mean Mckamey has pulled his name "for now"? Is there a chance he will re-consider? When the dead period is over we need our boys ready to win one for the "Giper"-oops guess they don't know who that is! Keep us informed.........

Easy now Catback, I heard from a source that Roberts was not part of the interviews. I believe the future of your program rest with the principle. I do think that the assistant principle/AD should have input-but in the end it is decided on by the principle. What do you mean Mckamey has pulled his name "for now"? Is there a chance he will re-consider? When the dead period is over we need our boys ready to win one for the "Giper"-oops guess they don't know who that is! Keep us informed.........

Good post, F.R.!! The "Giper" thing was clever! I'm sure everything will be okay in the land of OZ. The school has such a tradition and good fan base. I vividly remember us Wartburg kids going up against O.S. back in the eighties. I remember getting blocked by Notre Dame sized linemen and trying to tackle an always elusive running back. Their offense wasn't complicated- we just couln't stop it! We couldn't score because we never had the ball!!! Sigh...ah, memories! I hope they find a coach soon. Wouldn't it be wild to see a west coast offense down at OZ? Think about it!

I have deleted my original post, I was wrong about Mr. Roberts hiring the new coach, Mr. Woods and Mr. Roberts will interview canidates, with Mr. Woods making the final recommendation for hiring. I am sorry for posting the wrong information, but, I thought my source was reliable. I still don't understand why this position has not been filled as of today!

So here we are and at the end of the day, still no coach? If the principal thinks that there is no rush-that's his opinion,....but if he waits much longer there will be no coaches to choose from. If Mckamey pulled his name from the list then he must have other offers. What about Hood? Math has never been my best subject but it seems that after narrowing it down to 2 from the 5 who applied and now with Mckamey withdrawing his name then, doesn't that leave you with one? Somebody needs to make a decision, the boys deserve to know who there coach is!

So here we are and at the end of the day, still no coach? If the principal thinks that there is no rush-that's his opinion,....but if he waits much longer there will be no coaches to choose from. If Mckamey pulled his name from the list then he must have other offers. What about Hood? Math has never been my best subject but it seems that after narrowing it down to 2 from the 5 who applied and now with Mckamey withdrawing his name then, doesn't that leave you with one? Somebody needs to make a decision, the boys deserve to know who there coach is!

I feel the same way, but after speaking with Mr.Woods, he didn't seem too concerned about the situation. When I asked why this had been delayed for so long, he stated that this was the normal procedure when hiring a TEACHER. He doesn't seem to understand how this will affect the football team, and the impact on this years seniors.

WOW! 1st let me say I don't have a dog in the race and boy I'm glad. However I do have a ?

Why are the coaches in Roane Co. Schools hired (I MEAN APPOINTED) only by a principal and or asst. principal/AD?

And, when hired/APPOINTED it is only on a year to year basis with the principal having the say so if you stay or go? This is 2006 isn't it???????

Shouldn't there be a hiring committee?

How is this handled in other school sys.?

Catback why are you so surprised? This has happened in OS over & over & over!

Thanks & GO BOBCATS!!!!!!