region 5-2a

skinnycat67

last year goodpasture go the bighead and lost the region title. but it helped their drive to the state. this year their good but ezell has some new linebacker's form 5a ,gettis and ,and a Oline that will be a force to reckon with. East robertson has talent upon talent , leading it it tico andrews who can do it all.cpa seems to have everyone back and their shaping up .

WOW! i have a feeling those will be the top four but what are yall's input

Edited by skinnycat67

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last year goodpasture go the bighead and lost the region title. but it helped their drive to the state. this year their good but ezell has some new linebacker's form 5a ,gettis and ,and a Oline that will be a force to reckon with. East robertson has talent upon talent , leading it it tico andrews who can do it all.cpa seems to have everyone back and their shaping up .

WOW! i have a feeling those will be the top four but what are yall's input

My first post of 2006, and from Toyko at that!

I believe GP will be the best in 5-2A, but I am predicting my CPA Lions will be a close 2nd. Despite their record and missing the playoffs last year, except for the Ezell game which was a shootout, their defense gave everyone fits (including GP and ER). The reason they lost so many games was that their offense (that was very young) had trouble moving the ball and put the defense in bad position all year.

The offense returns 10 starters, I believe, including a very good QB. If Austin Harrison has recovered from his leg injury and plays the whole year at RB, CPA's offense will be greatly improved, and with an already good defense returning, I believe the Lions will make some noise in 5-2A.

The first big shock I've seen b/c you have last year's champs (who return the best player in the region from last year in Tico Andrews) missing the playoffs altogether :blink:

Unless ER has a back with the abilities of the departed Hudson, IMO there will be several teams that can get to Tico. Tico is a good quarterback but without the huge threat of Hudson in the backfield I am not so sure he will be as elusive. I would put ER in the fourth spot.

Edited by FBGIRL

question for SKINNYCAT.....what linebackers are at ezell now from 5a??? and DIVEPIX has made a very valid point w/ cpa's offense which was very young who started 6 jr's 3 sohps and 1 fresh on offense and only lost 3 players on defense..... if your remember cpa's offense was starting to really hit their stride w/ strong outputs against bga, harpeth, and ezell. but when harrisson injured his knee vs ezell that imediatly cut out 70 percent of their offense...and harrisson is looking great... he ran a 4.8 40 only 2 months after reconstructive surgery and he isnt 100 percent yet....

I agree with what yall are saying about us (ER) but tico is to good for everybody just to get to him. Yeah we had a break down against Ezell and a back didn't get hurt, tico got hurt! So yeah when you lose probably the best player in this region for a big game like Ezell with a great back like Gettis back there, you can be in alot of trouble and thats what happened, they just played a great game and we didn't. But East has 4 recievers that is going to step up in Coffee, Kahn, Rembert, Hudgins, and some other key supporters most of which that are juniors with the exception of Coffee and Kahn. Yeah losing Carlos Hudson will be big for us but i think that we have other players that won't fill the roll like he did but can come in and do the job. Looking forward to seeing everybody this year and can't wait for Week 0 and region 5-2a is taking the titile this year no matter who the representive is!

1) Goodpasture

2) East Robertson

3) CPA

4) Ezell

5) DCA

6) Fairview

7) Harpeth

8) FRA

question for SKINNYCAT.....what linebackers are at ezell now from 5a??? and DIVEPIX has made a very valid point w/ cpa's offense which was very young who started 6 jr's 3 sohps and 1 fresh on offense and only lost 3 players on defense..... if your remember cpa's offense was starting to really hit their stride w/ strong outputs against bga, harpeth, and ezell. but when harrisson injured his knee vs ezell that imediatly cut out 70 percent of their offense...and harrisson is looking great... he ran a 4.8 40 only 2 months after reconstructive surgery and he isnt 100 percent yet....

sorry its a linebacker.... Jeremy ray from blackman high came to ezell. he started his sopmore year at blackman but got hurt and couldnt play his sophmore year. he recovered quickly and decided to take his talents to a team that can win a game.