Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

I pray that they both have the games of their lives-they have waited a long time and now here it is "The biggest show in East TN" The key is that after this year is over they both get out of TN-if you and lil cuz need any help just let me know. This county is like a virus for our kids ya know what I mean.......

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray that they both have the games of their lives-they have waited a long time and now here it is "The biggest show in East TN" The key is that after this year is over they both get out of TN-if you and lil cuz need any help just let me know. This county is like a virus for our kids ya know what I mean.......

yes I know.........thanks!!

Well here we are again it's Alcoa/Maryville week and the smell of football is looming in the TN air. I didn't talk junk last year and I won't this year-I've stated that I have always had respect for the Maryville football "program" and thaty's what it's been for a while now. I've also stated that Alcoa is now moving into a era of not just a talented football team but a "prgram" as well with the improvements to their weight and workout program. All they needed was the discipline of a true coach-I believe that they have that in coach Rankin, however the key is staying power-we'll just have to wait and see. Longevity is very important in building a program.

I won't bash any kids no matter what team they play on and I think it's disgusting to read the post of you 40 and 50 year old (men?). Kids will be kids and most make their share of mistakes that's why they look to mature adults for guidance. Brandon was suspended going into last year's game and Tank and co. going into this year's game the important thing is that you so called adults not come down on them to hard but we show them the error of their ways and guide them back to the right path.

I shared a few secrects last year without revealing too much (ie. duck will not suit up for UT-I knew about his academics) so I'll say this that the biggest surprise out of Maryville will show up at this week's game just watch the tb. Again I'm torn I'm a former Alcoa player and alum (by the way I know all about Alcoa academics and how they use these kids, but the true responsibility is in the hands of the parents-what's my proof wel because of wat my parents instilled in me I'll be working on my third and fourth degree this fall) but my nephew plays for Maryville so I pray for a safe and well played game. In fact I've travelled from D.C. to see it! I also pray that you all will be adults about it-no matter the outcome.

Your working on your 3rd and 4th degree? I am not sure what I said that asked for your attack in ref to my blindness. I would recommend you consider using a spell checker prior to your next post.

Sticking to the game, I do think these suspensions will slow Maryville some but I do think it is something to rally around for the Rebels.

Like someone stated in an earlier post, this is deja vu all over again! in 2000 it gave our football team even more confidence than we already had when Wilks and Co. were suspended. I imagine Alcoa will come in with the same confidence and that may make this game closer than some may think! By the way, does anyone know exactly what happened???

What happened is a confinded secret between our families and coaches, and probably some of the team. Ive grew up with Adrian my whole life, so i know i wont let out the problem. Nor do i hope any kid gets on here and spreads rumors.

Your working on your 3rd and 4th degree? I am not sure what I said that asked for your attack in ref to my blindness. I would recommend you consider using a spell checker prior to your next post.

Sticking to the game, I do think these suspensions will slow Maryville some but I do think it is something to rally around for the Rebels.

I didn't attack you...

You are on here all of the time taking shots at 17 and 18 year olds, you don't care if it's a Maryville post or an Alcoa post you just come with your one sided views-so yes you are in a sense blind. You blast Alcoa players, coaches, fans, etc. then try and justify your statements with platitudes. I very have little respect for you because of past statements about some of the kids especially last year...again GQ is not the saint you all make him out to be even if he suspends his players when needed (and yes I know what happened). For all of the Maryville and Alcoa fans with class God bless you and let's have a fun and safe game Friday and again to you 30, 40 and 50 year olds that take pot shots at these kids on either team shame on you...

Oh yea by btw I was at Maryville's practice today and was approached about why I was there-I'll chalk it up to just being an unfamiliar face and not anything else.

p.s. spellcheck or not I will still be addressed as Dr.

I didn't attack you...

You are on here all of the time taking shots at 17 and 18 year olds, you don't care if it's a Maryville post or an Alcoa post you just come with your one sided views-so yes you are in a sense blind. You blast Alcoa players, coaches, fans, etc. then try and justify your statements with platitudes. I very have little respect for you because of past statements about some of the kids especially last year...again GQ is not the saint you all make him out to be even if he suspends his players when needed (and yes I know what happened). For all of the Maryville and Alcoa fans with class God bless you and let's have a fun and safe game Friday and again to you 30, 40 and 50 year olds that take pot shots at these kids on either team shame on you...

Oh yea by btw I was at Maryville's practice today and was approached about why I was there-I'll chalk it up to just being an unfamiliar face and not anything else.

p.s. spellcheck or not I will still be addressed as Dr.

In your view I have taken shots at kids but you have not pointed to any facts. You have just jumped in and brought your one sided view point and attacked Maryville’s head coach, a fine man with standards with unfounded innuendo and assertions with no facts. Then you want readers of the board to believe that you are some kind of person of importance who would be approached at a Maryville practice. Doctor? I highly doubt that claim.

Last year was the first in many myself and many others could not pull for the Alcoa football team for various reasons. I have many friends who live in Alcoa and have kids at the school and had many of the same observations I had. This is a new year and these teams will again play Friday night and many will be there. I think it will be a great game for the whole community to enjoy, but suspensions or not Maryville will again to be the better football team.

Lastly May God Bless all persons, even those with no class!

In your view I have taken shots at kids but you have not pointed to any facts. You have just jumped in and brought your one sided view point and attacked Maryville’s head coach, a fine man with standards with unfounded innuendo and assertions with no facts. Then you want readers of the board to believe that you are some kind of person of importance who would be approached at a Maryville practice. Doctor? I highly doubt that claim.

Last year was the first in many myself and many others could not pull for the Alcoa football team for various reasons. I have many friends who live in Alcoa and have kids at the school and had many of the same observations I had. This is a new year and these teams will again play Friday night and many will be there. I think it will be a great game for the whole community to enjoy, but suspensions or not Maryville will again to be the better football team.

Lastly May God Bless all persons, even those with no class!

Yea Alcoa plays some real power houses! I think Melrose and Hillsboro would love to play a cream puff like Alcoa for a gold ball!

Why is it that when an Alcoa player gets suspended from a game that the details about the situation are open for everyone, and all the Maryville people take shots at the kid because they dont have players with the talent level of Brandon. Now that Maryville players are suspended all of the Maryville fans are getting on here saying how it doesnt need to be discussed and all this crap. I know what happened, and by 9am tomorrow so will everyone at AHS because its such a small town. The Maryville kids should have to face the public scurtiny that comes with making mistakes in our society, you cant hide from them. Maryville fans out here will dish out their harsh words to any Alcoa player/coach on here, but if anyone attempts to get on a Maryville player/coach then every Maryville person on here attacks the people for taking bashes at high school kids. This is bull, Tank and company should have to face the effects of their mistakes, because friday at the game the Alcoa students will be ALL over them, and any other student section in the state would do the same.

Maryville will lose this game, losing Tank and the other running back will hurt more than you think, it doesnt matter how good of a coach you are, if you have 150 pound sophomore tailbacks(according to a earlier post) then you cant not when a big time football game.