Sevier County vs. William Blount

TG24

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone thinks that WB is going to lose b/c we dont have Brad Walker or Ronald Osborne. Yea they were really good runners and all but when it comes down to it it takes the offensive line to make the holes for the runners and WB has most of there offensive line returning and the ones that didnt start every game still at least got playing time. And WB has some good running backs maybe not as good as brad or ronald but they will hit the holes just as hard as they did.

Ought to be a good game tonight. WB's power ground game against the Bear's more balanced, albeit finesse attack.

It also is a matchup between two coaches with polar opposite concerns I would think. The Bears return all of their key playmakers but lost the majority of their linemen on both sides of the ball (along with their punter/place kicker!). The Gov's, on the other hand, have more experienced lineplay but graduated most of their big guns on the offense side. However, it sounds like their defense should be pretty stout so the battle in the trenches will go a long way in determining who wins.

I haven't got to see any scrimmages so I am eager to see Shawn Hodges in action(JC transfer) who bumped our best tailback from last year (Blake Wallace) to fullback. I am also interested in seeing if SCHS can become more consistent with their passing attack (Feezel & Pippin are real threats at the wideouts IF we can get the ball to them consistently).

Hopefully QB Watson & Company will have enough time and space to operate and our smaller, inexperienced D line will bend but not break.

SC - 21

WB - 13

Ought to be a good game tonight. WB's power ground game against the Bear's more balanced, albeit finesse attack.

It also is a matchup between two coaches with polar opposite concerns I would think. The Bears return all of their key playmakers but lost the majority of their linemen on both sides of the ball (along with their punter/place kicker!). The Gov's, on the other hand, have more experienced lineplay but graduated most of their big guns on the offense side. However, it sounds like their defense should be pretty stout so the battle in the trenches will go a long way in determining who wins.

I haven't got to see any scrimmages so I am eager to see Shawn Hodges in action(JC transfer) who bumped our best tailback from last year (Blake Wallace) to fullback. I am also interested in seeing if SCHS can become more consistent with their passing attack (Feezel & Pippin are real threats at the wideouts IF we can get the ball to them consistently).

Hopefully QB Watson & Company will have enough time and space to operate and our smaller, inexperienced D line will bend but not break.

SC - 21

WB - 13

Congrats to the Governors on their victory. The better team definitely won. Every phase of the game you were better at. From your solid defense, to your vastly superior kicking game (punter/place kicker is a stud) and efficeint, if unspectacular offense (Walker is a fine, hardnosed running back). The only downside I see is that you are still too one dimensional on offense. When you do go up against a better defense and are forced to pass it looks like your offense will struggle (why we didn't put eight in the box, shoot the gaps more and force you to beat us thru the air I'll never know).

As for the Bears, it looks like my above post was right on the money. Just as last year, we are still a very inconsistent (almost inept at times) offense against good, sound defensive units. Combined with our continued tendency from last year to self destruct and we are going to struggle again to sustain drives and score against the better teams. Now couple in the fact that on both sides of the line we are now weaker and that we have virtually no kicking game to speak of.........well, at least we play in the much weaker Region 1 5A which will give us a chance every night (except against Dobyns-Bennett of course).