Sevier County vs. William Blount

TG24

[quote name='GovMan' date='Jul 10 2006 - 05:34 AM' post='826075959']

B-ball Scout,

You obviously know your WB football. Good summarization of what the team loses and you're right ... on paper, SC will most likely be favored.

As far as Hamilton being "the best to ever play the position at WB." Hambone was one of my favorite players ever at WB and definitely "one of the best" to ever play linebacker there ... but I'm not sure I'd make him #1 alltime. There have been a few more "really good" linebackers down through the years. I'd make Hamilton "top 5" no question. But you could certainly argue your claim as well. He was a stud.

Lawhon comes to mind. Ready for football Govman? It's been quite from the WB front. I know they have some tallented young kids plus a couple of Walkers still suiting up. My guess is WB will be fine this year. Can you give your unbiased analysis? Want to hear my "unbiased" analysis on Maryville?.....yep..that's impossible coming from me... :thumb:

Josh Lawhon would probably get my vote for "best defensive player" ever at WB. Of course there are some more names that people would mention and rightfully so, and Hamilton Borden is definitely one of those.

As far as the upcoming season...I'm holding my breath. We lost a lot of talent--but honestly, some of the losses, in my opinion, might help the team overall. Gotta find a quarterback. Obviously the Walker boys are studs and here's a name to remember on the defensive side ... Corey LeBlue. He's a defensive tackle that has the potential to dominate a game.

Really positive note ... WB's freshmen team will be loaded (I know, I know ... it has been in the past too) but I think this crew, if they stay together, have the makings of a team that can give the Rebels a run in '08 & '09. Of course, Coach is not building the team to beat Maryville, but rather to compete in the region ... but you know Maryville is the "yardstick" that is always in the back of our minds. It never hurts to dream! :lol::lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really positive note ... WB's freshmen team will be loaded (I know, I know ... it has been in the past too) but I think this crew, if they stay together, have the makings of a team that can give the Rebels a run in '08 & '09. Of course, Coach is not building the team to beat Maryville, but rather to compete in the region ... but you know Maryville is the "yardstick" that is always in the back of our minds. It never hurts to dream! :thumb:;)

My guess is they will be in the same district in 2009...

Josh Lawhon would probably get my vote for "best defensive player" ever at WB. Of course there are some more names that people would mention and rightfully so, and Hamilton Borden is definitely one of those.

As far as the upcoming season...I'm holding my breath. We lost a lot of talent--but honestly, some of the losses, in my opinion, might help the team overall. Gotta find a quarterback. Obviously the Walker boys are studs and here's a name to remember on the defensive side ... Corey LeBlue. He's a defensive tackle that has the potential to dominate a game.

Really positive note ... WB's freshmen team will be loaded (I know, I know ... it has been in the past too) but I think this crew, if they stay together, have the makings of a team that can give the Rebels a run in '08 & '09. Of course, Coach is not building the team to beat Maryville, but rather to compete in the region ... but you know Maryville is the "yardstick" that is always in the back of our minds. It never hurts to dream! :):)

Govman, I dont believe that Cory LeBlue is on the team anymore. They have had a few quit in the last 2 months.

Should have a team that will compete every game. But right now I would say that Sevier Co is the favorite in the game but should be a good one.

Govman, I dont believe that Cory LeBlue is on the team anymore. They have had a few quit in the last 2 months.

Should have a team that will compete every game. But right now I would say that Sevier Co is the favorite in the game but should be a good one.

Know of anyone else who has quit?

Dang it !!! That's a blow. In the spring game, at times, LeBlue looked like a beast. Who else has quit?

Aaron Garland? That stinks, he woulda made a good impact this year.

Losing Garland would be a big blow to the defense. Rawls ... it's hard to tell. He's never stayed healthy long enough to know how much impact he would make. He's a big, strong kid ... but seems to be very injury prone.

2 years ago the Maryville freshmen dominated every team they played except for William Blount. Maryville won 6-0 and was lucky to win. Aaron Douglas,Brent Burnett and Steven Shiver were the studs for Maryville on that freshmen team. Maryville killed AE and Oak Ridge that year. William Blount was without their 2 best freshmen TJ Walker and Will Irwin that game because they were playing varsity. My nephew coached at WB then. I told him that WB would be hard to handle if those boys stayed together. Unfortunately I heard several have quit. If William Blount ever gets it together they will be hard to handle. William Blount has a bunch of athletes in that school.

2 years ago the Maryville freshmen dominated every team they played except for William Blount. Maryville won 6-0 and was lucky to win. Aaron Douglas,Brent Burnett and Steven Shiver were the studs for Maryville on that freshmen team. Maryville killed AE and Oak Ridge that year. William Blount was without their 2 best freshmen TJ Walker and Will Irwin that game because they were playing varsity. My nephew coached at WB then. I told him that WB would be hard to handle if those boys stayed together. Unfortunately I heard several have quit. If William Blount ever gets it together they will be hard to handle. William Blount has a bunch of athletes in that school.

Are u sure that Douglass was on that team i tought he came late from Webb. U are probably right just wondering. Your newphew was a great play caller in his days at blount but didnt get enough chances. I was in the press box with him last time WB played at MAryville and he called every play that MAryville ran before that snap happened.