Split: Either all the time or at playoffs

lvnitup

Well you asked to see what rational people thought and I told you. A merit system. I asked you if you have a problem with a merit system and you have yet to post one single thought of your own.

I asked what rational people thought about a split, not a merit system. According to you, you have started numerous threads about a merit system complete with polls and everything. IF I wanted to discuss the merit system I would find your thread and look at you poll.

However, I STARTED this thread for fans who prefer a split to discuss whether that split would be total or just split for the post-season. I'll put you down as a no vote.

Next!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked what rational people thought about a split, not a merit system. According to you, you have started numerous threads about a merit system complete with polls and everything. IF I wanted to discuss the merit system I would find your thread and look at you poll.

However, I STARTED this thread for fans who prefer a split to discuss whether that split would be total or just split for the post-season. I'll put you down as a no vote.

Next!

Sorry but you opened up with the "only option that makes sense is a split". If you don`t want to be questioned about it the don`t bother bringing it up.

And you still have yet to discuss why you think a split is best. Do you actually have a thought process? Please enlghten us as to why a split is best.

Thanks VG

You have posted thousands of times on this topic, haven't you, and are no nearer a solution now than you were when you started. Therefore, the only solution is to split.

Who would've known? All we had to do is listen to Mr. Johnny Come Lately and all our problems are solved. Now that you have the solution ... how 'bout you go to work on our National Debt problem. :lol:

On a serious note, the only folks that want a true 100% split are those that know they can't win if all the teams are brought back together (cause they ain't winning now) without another system to regulate ... like a merit system.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

"You have posted thousands of times on this topic, haven't you, and are no nearer a solution now than you were when you started."

we could post a million times, and we'd be no nearer a solution. this is just an internet discussion board. if you are wanting to implement a solution, you need to contact the tssaa.

Who would've known? All we had to do is listen to Mr. Johnny Come Lately and all our problems are solved. Now that you have the solution ... how 'bout you go to work on our National Debt problem. :thumb:

On a serious note, the only folks that want a true 100% split are those that know they can't win if all the teams are brought back together (cause they ain't winning now) without another system to regulate ... like a merit system.

I can't agree with that. My team is winning now...but I am still for a total split. There are many other public school supporters that feel the same.

I don't remember how the merit system poll came out. Do you have a link?

I am just not sold on a merit system yet...although it is an interesting idea.

As for the question...I would like to see a total split...but allow play in the regular season between publics and privates...if so desired.

Edited by Antwan

You have posted thousands of times on this topic, haven't you, and are no nearer a solution now than you were when you started. Therefore, the only solution is to split.

This takes the logic form If A = B then Elephants...in other words your solution has nothing to do with your statement of facts. Splitting may be a solution, but you couldn't arrive at that conclusion from the fact that someone has posted a lot of messages on the boards lol.

I can't agree with that. My team is winning now...but I am still for a total split. There are many other public school supporters that feel the same.

As for the question...I would like to see a total split...but allow play in the regular season between publics and privates...if so desired.

Here are where the Chattanooga area teams would be at the start of a merit system, based on the Moore rankings from last year, in order in each class. My questions, would these teams be required to play each other just because they're in the same class and geographic location? If so, the Chattanooga 3A region just would have three schools. How does a team qualify for the playoffs, by a computer ranking? If so, that could cause problems for teams having to choose between rivals and quality opponents, and a nearby or distant opponent.

5A

1-McCallie

2-Baylor

3-Red Bank

4-Ooltewah

5-Tyner

6-Notre Dame

7-Rhea County

4A

1-Cleveland

2-Soddy-Daisy

3-Polk County

4-East Ridge

5-McMinn County

6-Boyd-Buchanan

7-Hixson

3A

1-South Pittsburg

2-Marion County

3-Meigs County

2A

1-Sequatchie County

2-Brainerd

3-Grundy County

4-Howard

5-Walker Valley

6-Bradley Central

7-Chattanooga Central

8-Bledsoe County

1A

1-Whitwell

2-Temple

3-Lookout Valley

4-Tellico Plains

5-Copper Basin

6-Chattanooga Grace

7-Silverdale Academy

8-David Brainerd

Oh yeah, that's right ... the second round of the playoffs is the Super Bowl there. :thumb:

I wish someone would re-post the structure that RI uses for their merit system. It was a "point" system where teams get points by beating teams in different classes ... like 1 for a win against a team 1 class lower, 2 points for a team in their class, and 3 for one above. There was also a won-loss factor ... but that's why I wish someone would repost it.

Excellent breakdown of how the classes would break out using Moore's. :thumb:

Here are where the Chattanooga area teams would be at the start of a merit system, based on the Moore rankings from last year, in order in each class. My questions, would these teams be required to play each other just because they're in the same class and geographic location? If so, the Chattanooga 3A region just would have three schools. How does a team qualify for the playoffs, by a computer ranking? If so, that could cause problems for teams having to choose between rivals and quality opponents, and a nearby or distant opponent.

5A

1-McCallie

2-Baylor

3-Red Bank

4-Ooltewah

5-Tyner

6-Notre Dame

7-Rhea County

4A

1-Cleveland

2-Soddy-Daisy

3-Polk County

4-East Ridge

5-McMinn County

6-Boyd-Buchanan

7-Hixson

3A

1-South Pittsburg

2-Marion County

3-Meigs County

2A

1-Sequatchie County

2-Brainerd

3-Grundy County

4-Howard

5-Walker Valley

6-Bradley Central

7-Chattanooga Central

8-Bledsoe County

1A

1-Whitwell

2-Temple

3-Lookout Valley

4-Tellico Plains

5-Copper Basin

6-Chattanooga Grace

7-Silverdale Academy

8-David Brainerd

Oh yeah, that's right ... the second round of the playoffs is the Super Bowl there. :thumb:

Your arrogance becomes you.

You look at things only from the eyes of the Riverdale, Maryville, Trousdale Co, Goodpasture, MBA, BA fans. The other 300 schools out there only want to know that when they have a good team every 5 or 10 years, made up of players from their community, that they will be playing a team like themselves. Diverse ethnicity, diverse economic backgrounds, etc.

Split 'em up.

You look at things only from the eyes of the Riverdale, Maryville, Trousdale Co, Goodpasture, MBA, BA fans. The other 300 schools out there only want to know that when they have a good team every 5 or 10 years, made up of players from their community, that they will be playing a team like themselves. Diverse ethnicity, diverse economic backgrounds, etc.

Split 'em up.

So you are saying that Riverdale, Maryville, and Trousdale have kids from outside of their communities?!?! :thumb:

Are they part of your split? ;)

Split 'em up.

That sounds like the Upperman team from 1996. I haven't seen close to the same kind of results they had from that year..beat Sequatchie 32-0 in the third round, looked very strong, but still lost to Knoxville Webb in the semifinals. Webb then played Goodpasture in the finals. Same situation, Sequatchie's baseball in AA in 1995-96, rolled through regular season, playoffs, into the state, but got beaten 10-0 by Brentwood Academy if I remember right, finished third behind ECS and BA-the year before both went into Division II. Some in Sequatchie regard that as an unofficial public school state title, no plaques or anything like that hang up so don't get too concerned about it.

Edited by Indian