Riverdale

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they do say that smyrna is going to be spectacular this year and probably win state but yea this year in region 4-5a is going to be tough so good luck too all the teams competing and for riverdale we are commin for ya....

p.s the chop will be stopped this year

come all you want to cause this still wont be the year smyrna beats rhs

p.s. chop wont be stopped fear the spear

Edited by SCN08FearTheSpear

yes they do say that smyrna is going to be spectacular this year and probably win state but yea this year in region 4-5a is going to be tough so good luck too all the teams competing and for riverdale we are commin for ya....

p.s the chop will be stopped this year

the chop is stopped huh...if we had a 100 donation everytime weve heard that we wouldnt need a booster club

Edited by riverdaleman

I'm not sure of the downfall of Riverdale. I can only speak from a first hand look and also seeing things from the outside. Look for Riverdale to be good THIS year and maybe a slow decline over the next few years, however that is not a knock at Riverdale as much is it is like the Yankees in that all the rest of the teams have realized what is needed to compete with the big dogs of the region. 4-5A talks about how strong their region is and it can only be contributed back to Riverdale setting the bar for the rest of the region. It's not like the new coach is chopped liver he does have a state title of his own, didn't he beat Maryville to earn it I could be wrong on who but he does bring a ring with him. If they "FALL" I would actually see it as the rest of the pack stepping up to the challenge without giving into the history of a GREAT program. Somewhere this year I think Riverdale will pass the same ship that Gallatin passed at MTSU in 93' and Riverdale moved on and Gallatin came back to the pack.

Hillsboro beat Morristown West for the state title.

Yes, Coach Aydellot is an excellent coach.

I'm not sure of the downfall of Riverdale. I can only speak from a first hand look and also seeing things from the outside. Look for Riverdale to be good THIS year and maybe a slow decline over the next few years, however that is not a knock at Riverdale as much is it is like the Yankees in that all the rest of the teams have realized what is needed to compete with the big dogs of the region. 4-5A talks about how strong their region is and it can only be contributed back to Riverdale setting the bar for the rest of the region. It's not like the new coach is chopped liver he does have a state title of his own, didn't he beat Maryville to earn it I could be wrong on who but he does bring a ring with him. If they "FALL" I would actually see it as the rest of the pack stepping up to the challenge without giving into the history of a GREAT program. Somewhere this year I think Riverdale will pass the same ship that Gallatin passed at MTSU in 93' and Riverdale moved on and Gallatin came back to the pack.

Somehow I can't see Chad sitting on the sidelines watching the team play. I remember seeing him at the CC scrimmage and how he looked like he was ready to go in...even without any pads. I did see in the paper last week that he was just now coming back from an injury. He, too, played much of last year with an ankle injury so I'm sure that injuries are something he is thinking about. He's one fine football player as well as baseball player.

I was perusing an article from the Tennessean and though Coach A's comments were interesting. Seems he's pretty happy with the team speed and sees his main task as 'making fast players faster'.

Somehow I can't see Chad sitting on the sidelines watching the team play. I remember seeing him at the CC scrimmage and how he looked like he was ready to go in...even without any pads. I did see in the paper last week that he was just now coming back from an injury. He, too, played much of last year with an ankle injury so I'm sure that injuries are something he is thinking about. He's one fine football player as well as baseball player.

I was perusing an article from the Tennessean and though Coach A's comments were interesting. Seems he's pretty happy with the team speed and sees his main task as 'making fast players faster'.

he doesnt want to quit football he just doesnt want to come and mess up his knee and his chances for his senior year of baseball which is where his best bet for college

Making one of the fastest teams in the state even faster? Now there is a SCARY thought for other folks. :)