Volunteer Falcons

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha well to second the previous posters I am not going to knock on you all either....(seems a bit repititive dont it) buuuuuut.....if North's DB's could have caugh a INT instead of just batting it down it would ahve been ALOT worse....stil I agree you all are alot better but your QB gets rattled and it's over quick

Ok, heres what I got on everything, no we didn't get dominated by no means, i'm for sure if we played again it would be a totally different game. Oh yeah and #12 jared acton didn't show much class either and I watched the film and i don't believe he killed #12 mays for vhs unless you were watching another game?...One thing about cherokee is that I don't care if they come and say trash to us while we play but after the rutledge game I wouldn't be braggin, and no i'm not doing that right now, and if any cherokee player has got a problem with me they can take it up with me 1 on 1 don't care. And for all the doubters West is a tough team but does that mean they can't fumble alot or throw some int's and vhs play mistake free and we win? I love the support makes me feel good about myself since we're going to score one td and they score 100? I hope that North has a good season and everyone else and the best health through the season. #4 Rogers

Edited by mountaindew10

Just for Volunteer history buffs .... list the 5 all-time, biggest or most memorable wins that the Volunteer football program has had (aginst who and when) since the school's inception. And, if you beat West this week, would that make your list? If so, where would you rate it?

Hope everyone has a safe trip coming to Morristown and back on Friday. See you at Burke-Toney.

Edited by randy3116

These are the most memorable for me.

1. Volunteer vs. Cherokee 2000. 27-12

2. Volunteer vs. Gatlinburg-Pitmann 2000 10-0 (First time in school history)

3. Volunteer vs. South 1999. score ? (First time in school history)

4. Volunteer vs. South 2000. 24-17 (First win in Death Valley in school history)

5. Volunteer vs. D-B in 1985 or something like that. I was very young so I don't exactly remember the year but that game stands out in my mind.

Edited by Magnus

mountaindew you werent on the field and dont know what was said between the two, you might have seen the film but so did I and the game, I am his mom and jared backed up and said come on after something very derogatory was said to him. Get over it , the game is over and both teams have better things to think about , like conference games. Oh yeah you might want to look at tricitiessports.com on the new article.

These are the most memorable for me.

1. Volunteer vs. Cherokee 2000. 27-12

2. Volunteer vs. Gatlinburg-Pitmann 2000 10-0 (First time in school history)

3. Volunteer vs. South 1999. score ? (First time in school history)

4. Volunteer vs. South 2000. 24-17 (First win in Death Valley in school history)

5. Volunteer vs. D-B in 1995 or something like that. I was very young so I don't exactly remember the year but being at the game stands out in my mind.

As all these are big games I'm sure, as far as recent history goes, with out a doubt they do not touch a victory I remember. I can't remember if it we '85 or '86 (I'm getting old). BUT, the game where Volunteer beat Dobyns Bennett is and will be for a long long time, the school's greatest game. Major Hoople had even printed in the Times News that if Volunteer beats DB, he'd ride a mule backwards through Hawkins County. Major Hoople kept his word, as he showed up, with paper bag on head (as I hear he's shy) and rode that mule backwards over a map of Hawkins County. Those were the days when Volunteer played in the Big 10. That my friends is the greatest victory in the history of the school.

Ok, heres what I got on everything, no we didn't get dominated by no means, i'm for sure if we played again it would be a totally different game. Oh yeah and #12 jared acton didn't show much class either and I watched the film and i don't believe he killed #12 mays for vhs unless you were watching another game?...One thing about cherokee is that I don't care if they come and say trash to us while we play but after the rutledge game I wouldn't be braggin, and no i'm not doing that right now, and if any cherokee player has got a problem with me they can take it up with me 1 on 1 don't care. And for all the doubters West is a tough team but does that mean they can't fumble alot or throw some int's and vhs play mistake free and we win? I love the support makes me feel good about myself since we're going to score one td and they score 100? I hope that North has a good season and everyone else and the best health through the season. #4 Rogers

its alright mountaindew10 I was on the field and I know exactly what #12 said.

Trash talking, bragging on ourselves, finger pointing etc. It's gonna be another long season :lol:

Good luck to North the rest of the year, Cherokee can bite me and lets get ready for the Trojans because I PROMISE YOU they will do their talking on the field not in the stands.

Early prediction!

West however much they want to score

Volunteer 7

Get through that game healthy and get ready for game 3 (one that we can win)

we have a great defense and i think we can hold west,but our offense needs to score in the redzone.