Murphy Fair's High School Preview

Well coach handed out Murphy Fair's book yesterday at practice and some on the stuff i read was kind of questionable. Like his picks and certain things like that not just for East Robertson but for other schools that i kind of keep up with alot! So was just wondering what everyone thought of the book! Good luck to all teams this year!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well coach handed out Murphy Fair's book yesterday at practice and some on the stuff i read was kind of questionable. Like his picks and certain things like that not just for East Robertson but for other schools that i kind of keep up with alot! So was just wondering what everyone thought of the book! Good luck to all teams this year!

informative break down for each team,and everyone has their own opinion on things,but I dont see how they left TICO off of the preseason all state list,but anyway you guys take it to em.one other thing I thought you guys should have been in the top ten preseason poll,maybe this will motivate you. rooting for yall every game until you play JB should be another great matchup by then both teams will be up in the polls

One question that I have concerning Murphy Fair is why his book doesn't seem to make it to East Tennessee these days. Me being a high school football fanatic and all, I love his puplication. But for the past 2-3 years, I couldn't find it anywhere in Oak Ridge, Knoxville, or surounding book stores. My wife was in Nashville last year and bought it for me there. I just don't understand, but I would like to see it in this area again.

According to Murphy's website, you can find it at Borders and Books A Million in Knoxville. Also, several booster clubs are selling them as fundraisers.

...They haven't made it yet to the two(2) Books-A-Million stores here in Chattanooga...visited the one at Hamilton Place Mall and I called the one at the Northgate Mall in Hixson...both stores said they receive shipments closer to the weekend so hopefully they will be on the shelves by Saturday...next year I'll order mine from Murphy :o

Just for Indainfootball24

The information that is in Murphy Fair's book the coaches fill out. He just takes the information and puts it into an organized well written summary. As far as how the teams are ranked the regions coaches give their pick and he just basically averages them.

I am not at all saying he does not do his homework because he does. It is a tremendous amount of work that he does for the book. Just having the information from the coaches gets the positions, names, and details right.

According to Murphy's website, you can find it at Borders and Books A Million in Knoxville. Also, several booster clubs are selling them as fundraisers.

Well, I hope you're right about this. All I know is that I was at the Books A Million in Knoxville last year at this time and the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. I might as well been asking for a copy of the Holy Grail! But I think I'll be in K-town this weekend sometime, so I'll check it out. By the way, it probably would be easier to order it from the source. Thanks for the info. Fear not fellow football souls, "the most wonderful time of theyear" is approaching- gone will be these dreadful summer conditions and soon the sanctitiy of cool nights, falling leaves, and those magic words from on high, "It's football time in Tennessee!!!!!"