camp in LaVergne

93grad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went and watched the first two games LHS played - first was against Hillwood (got there a few minutes late - saw LHS score 2 on them, so I believe LHS won that one). They also played Giles County. It was 2-2 at one point, I do believe, and I got distracted and didn't see if anyone broke the tie before it was over. Lincoln Co. was playing Page at another field when we got there. Don't know their scores.

Didn't see any other teams when we left, and there were 2 more opponents for LHS to still play.

i saw the lc lhs game..what hurt lhs the most was TURNOVERS..they had the ball on the goal line 3 times and didnt convert any of them..i saw lhs score 1 to lc 3 so i dk if i just missed some but that what i remeber..and ryan williams fell out at the scrimmage..idk if it was heat or what but the cart came out annd got him..get well to him..hope its nothing serious...what i saw lc won the scrimmage but lhs did well passing the ball..

Camp is officially over!! ;)

My overlook at Camp.

Camp, in opinion was the best thing to happen to this team so far. We busted our BUTTS this week and i can't express that enough. We had a couple of injuries this week. "Big" Mike Bryant passed out in practice and had to be carried off in a ambulance on Tuesday and this morning Anthony Williams had an neck injury and a concussion(from what i heard) and was also carted off. Bryant is well and back in pads but info on Williams is uncertain. LaVergne also had a really big meeting thursday with each other and it really brought the team together. Everyone is starting to get close and its making us better. I don't want to give any info out on the scrimmages but know that LaVergne dominated everybody except Goodpasture. Really proud of this team.

i saw the lc lhs game..what hurt lhs the most was TURNOVERS..they had the ball on the goal line 3 times and didnt convert any of them..i saw lhs score 1 to lc 3 so i dk if i just missed some but that what i remeber..and ryan williams fell out at the scrimmage..idk if it was heat or what but the cart came out annd got him..get well to him..hope its nothing serious...what i saw lc won the scrimmage but lhs did well passing the ball..

WELL...here's the thing...LC didnt score a point until after Anthony was carted off...after that the coaches put ever second and third string player on the field....LC had a hard time scoring on the defense...and the 3rd offense trotted down field every drive like it was nothing...and turned the ball over in the redzone...of course LC was getting hype...but i would almost feel kinda sad gettin a couple of good plays on a scout team with my best players in

sounds like lavergne has an excellent 3rd team

I am sure you will beat them next yr when you scrimmage. : )

Smyrna 35

Lavergne 14

and we will go ahead and tell you we will play first teamers the whole game

actually our 3rd team was playing there 1st string and they still managed to keep it within 1 or 2 td's while you running your mouth about LaVergne when you don't know ONE thing going on over there.

and for your information we beat lincoln county with ease the 2 days before this one and our first string didn't even play a full series today after anthony williams went out. I bet you didn't know that either did you?

Edited by HSsportsfootball

actually our 3rd team was playing there 1st string and they still managed to keep it within 1 or 2 td's while you running your mouth about LaVergne when you don't know ONE thing going on over there.

and for your information we beat lincoln county with ease the 2 days before this one and our first string didn't even play a full series today after anthony williams went out. I bet you didn't know that either did you?

Instead of arguing lets all pray for Anthony to be okay, in the big picture when someone is hurt a football game takes a back seat. LaVergne has a good team and great coaches who care a great deal about their players and Smyrna has a good team also, with good coaches (especially coach Robbins who I played for at MT). I just hope the game lives up to all of the hype. As far as the scrimmages I think LHS did a good job all week even against Goodpasture, they just ran into a offense they weren't ready for but as the game went on the adjustments were being made. It is good that they saw that because Riverdale is going to be running something similar.