Chattanooga Area Top 10

anspa

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ince the Owls are your team just wondering how much you have been watching Baylor to know if you are impressed with them or not. Frankly you cannot gauge any team by scrimmages. Baylor has done well in them also but this is a time when coaches experiment to get ready for the real games. I cannot say if I am impressed with Ooltewah or not. Baylor is my team and I have not followed the Owls at all. You must be traveling to see Baylor to know that you are not impressed. Anyway....game time is closing in.

quote name='PRIMETIME OWL' date='Aug 11 2006 - 09:48 AM' post='826094288']

i just havent been real impressed with baylor, sorry

[ince the Owls are your team just wondering how much you have been watching Baylor to know if you are impressed with them or not. Frankly you cannot gauge any team by scrimmages. Baylor has done well in them also but this is a time when coaches experiment to get ready for the real games. I cannot say if I am impressed with Ooltewah or not. Baylor is my team and I have not followed the Owls at all. You must be traveling to see Baylor to know that you are not impressed. Anyway....game time is closing in.

quote name='PRIMETIME OWL' date='Aug 11 2006 - 09:48 AM' post='826094288']

i just havent been real impressed with baylor, sorry

from the baylor vs. red bank scrimmage , big guy

Edited by PRIMETIME OWL

Well if your using the RB scrimmage has your gauge there is your problem. By now means did RB dominate that scrimmage. As a matter of fact they only scored once and Baylor should have scored if the center had not centered the ball over the QB's head. It was a pretty equal scrimmage!

Red Bank could not score on the Owls nor pass the 50 yard line so what does that say about Baylor?

Um Red Bank is not all dat good they didnt even score against Ooltewah. Ooltewah beat dem by 4 tds

Yeah...I posted that before this scrimmage. Still alot can change fast. Ootewah sounds to be alot stronger than alot of the film I've watched suggests. We still have 3 1/2 months to see whose the strongest, it's too hard to make a good prediction this early.

Now that was a good comeback....and pretty silly one too. This will for sure be my last post on this topic. Scrimmages do not count for sure....the real season is about to start. I doubt that Red Bank showed what kind of a team they are against the Owls. Anyway, last response on this. Go Red Raiders!

Red Bank could not score on the Owls nor pass the 50 yard line so what does that say about Baylor?

Unfortunately all we have to go by this time of year is jamborees and scrimmages. Most teams do start their ones during these things and move down the depth chart as the other team does. True they may not have full game plans but you can evaluate teams in these situations just like their coaches are doing. That having been said Red Bank and Baylor did not live up to their billing, while Cleveland, Tyner, and McCallie did that and more tonight.

AFTER WATCHING THE OWLS HAMMER RED BANK AND MORE EVALUATION

1.MCCALLIE

2.OOLTEWAH

3.RED BANK

4.TYNER

5.CLEVELAND

6.MCMINN

7. BAYLOR

8.RHEA COUNTY

9. SOUTH PITT

10.BOYD BUC

I am not a fan of any one team, I just love high school football. IMO, Ooltewah will be hard to beat by anybody. I know they haven't played up to expectations in November the past few years, but I witnessed a very athletic Red Bank squat get dominated on both sides of the ball Thursday night. Ooltewah has the most team speed I have ever seen a high school football team have, and I've followed a lot of Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Alcoa teams when I lived in Knoxville. They have great coaches, young and old. This team IMO doesn't have any weakness. Could go a long way.