Chattanooga Area Top 10

anspa

Spoken like a true irrationally exhuberant fan who knows that his team won't play McCallie.

From what I've heard, McCallie would love to schedule Ooltewah. To actually find a team within 100 miles of the school besides Tyner that is willing to play year in and year out would be a milestone in itself. I'm sure the kids would love to play this game; as it would eventually turn into a great rivalry. I remember back when people in Chattanooga looked forward to the Red Bank / McCallie game. That game was always a lot of fun, no matter who won. For some reason they are dead set against playing them. I guess they have their reasons?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, McCallie would love to schedule Ooltewah. To actually find a team within 100 miles of the school besides Tyner that is willing to play year in and year out would be a milestone in itself. I'm sure the kids would love to play this game; as it would eventually turn into a great rivalry. I remember back when people in Chattanooga looked forward to the Red Bank / McCallie game. That game was always a lot of fun, no matter who won. For some reason they are dead set against playing them. I guess they have their reasons?

The McCallie school for East Brainerd & Ooltewah athletes.

Where we enjoy taking inheritance from hard working parents.

lol. I have had a brother attend McCallie and one attend Baylor both are great schools.

Edited by SergeantOwl22

The McCallie school for East Brainerd & Ooltewah athletes.

Where we enjoy taking inheritance from hard working parents.

You say that as if it's a bad thing to go to McCallie. Can you name a football player that left the Ooltewah program just to go play football at McCallie? From your tone, you seem to feel that Ooltewah is entitled to have all the kids that live in the area attend school there. Almost like you own the kids? I don't mean you personally, but the community.

Let me put that genie back in the bottle! On the other hand, it's always good for a hundred posts. The arguement can only be settled on the field but it takes two teams to settle it.

My personal belief is that McCallie would wear out Ooltewah. I wish more teams would play McCallie that are in Chattanooga. I think its pathetic that other local teams will not play McCallie. Tyner would love to face Ooltewah, but it is impossible to even get them to scrimmage Tyner.

My personal belief is that McCallie would wear out Ooltewah. I wish more teams would play McCallie that are in Chattanooga. I think its pathetic that other local teams will not play McCallie. Tyner would love to face Ooltewah, but it is impossible to even get them to scrimmage Tyner.

Tyner could not would not beat the owls sam I am.

I am going to borrow this from earlier.

"Spoken like a true irrationally exhuberant fan who knows that his team won't play Tyner."

We will never know since the Mighty Owls will not play us.

When the Owls did scrimmage Tyner what was the excuse when I personally ran for 3 TD's against them. (1992) This was when the mighty Owls were everyone's Homecoming. lol

When the Owls did scrimmage Tyner what was the excuse when I personally ran for 3 TD's against them. (1992) This was when the mighty Owls were everyone's Homecoming. lol

Sorry to burst your bubble but the last time Tyner and Ooltewah scrimmaged was in 1995, and Tyner beat put a pretty good whipping on them, I know I was out there opening all kinds of holes for our backs to run through, however the previous year in 1994 Ooltewah did beat Tyner pretty good in the regular season and for some reason they would not schedule Tyner anymore. Tyner is not scared of anyone, and it's a shame that a little ol 2A school is the only public school who will play McCallie in the regular season in Chattanooga. Win, Lose, whatever-Tyner never makes excuses no matter the outcome and more schools should do the same.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the last time Tyner and Ooltewah scrimmaged was in 1995, and Tyner beat put a pretty good whipping on them, I know I was out there opening all kinds of holes for our backs to run through, however the previous year in 1994 Ooltewah did beat Tyner pretty good in the regular season and for some reason they would not schedule Tyner anymore. Tyner is not scared of anyone, and it's a shame that a little ol 2A school is the only public school who will play McCallie in the regular season in Chattanooga. Win, Lose, whatever-Tyner never makes excuses no matter the outcome and more schools should do the same.

Now that's a burn.