Marshall Co Scrimmage

mctigermom

That was the year that 10-0 Page (coming off of 2-STRAIGHT semifinal seasons) beat 6-4 Marshall Co. 38-35 in Lewisburg. Jared Walker played well that night at quarterback for the Pats.

The running back you are thinking of is Ray Hightower (2000 Mr. Football Back in 3A) :blink:

He was a great back and I remember that game. It was a classic.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a great back and I remember that game. It was a classic.

He was even better the next year leading Marshall Co. to a 10-0 regular season. They ended up 12-1 getting beat by Jackson S'Side 7-6. Most people who were at that game will tell you S'Side watered down the side of the field Marshall Co. ran most of their plays on, slowing down a fairly explosive offense. They also used a kid about 290 at HB. Both HBs made long runs for the only scores.

He was even better the next year leading Marshall Co. to a 10-0 regular season. They ended up 12-1 getting beat by Jackson S'Side 7-6. Most people who were at that game will tell you S'Side watered down the side of the field Marshall Co. ran most of their plays on, slowing down a fairly explosive offense. They also used a kid about 290 at HB. Both HBs made long runs for the only scores.

Yes, that was one of Mac's best teams. They were talented and played well together.

Most people who were at that game will tell you S'Side watered down the side of the field Marshall Co. ran most of their plays on, slowing down a fairly explosive offense.

This should read those who were at the game KNOW FOR A FACT that Jackson Southside watered down the field. The whole week it had been in the freezing temp ranges. If any precipitation had fallen it would have been snow not rain.

I have seen Hog Lots that were in better shape than that field

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. BTW -- I was there and saw this personally

That Marshall Co. team had three very impressive wins that year that fans in Lewisburg should never forget.

1.) They beat a 9-2 Page team at Page 13-7.

2.) Mac gambled and went for the win (2-POINT) and they got it in a 29-28 win over Lipscomb.

3.) They beat a very talented Crockett Co. bunch 16-13 in the second round of the playoffs.

With Cody Graham at quarterback, Daryl Henry at wideout and returning kicks, not to mention the backfield of Ryan Bishop, Anthony James, and Ray Hightower the Tigers were very explosive in 2000.

That Marshall Co. team had three very impressive wins that year that fans in Lewisburg should never forget.

2.) Mac gambled and went for the win (2-POINT) and they got it in a 29-28 win over Lipscomb.

3.) They beat a very talented Crockett Co. bunch 16-13 in the second round of the playoffs.

With Cody Graham at quarterback, Daryl Henry at wideout and returning kicks, not to mention the backfield of Ryan Bishop, Anthony James, and Ray Hightower the Tigers were very explosive in 2000.

The Crockett Co. game is the one where most people in the state said we didn't deserve to win that game considering what happened during the week there.

The Crockett Co. game is the one where most people in the state said we didn't deserve to win that game considering what happened during the week there.

As a Crockett fan, you deserved to win the game, your team played better. Under different circumstances, I think we might have come out on top. It was an extremely tough week for our kids, and football was no longer the main priority. But, bottom line, Crockett's performance that night was not up to par. Differnt time, different circumstances, who knows.

This should read those who were at the game KNOW FOR A FACT that Jackson Southside watered down the field. The whole week it had been in the freezing temp ranges. If any precipitation had fallen it would have been snow not rain.

I have seen Hog Lots that were in better shape than that field

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. BTW -- I was there and saw this personally

Yeah, gotta say those Southside folks knew before the game how the coin toss would go and exactly which end of the field to water down.

Late in the season, that field is usually in less than prime condition, as are many high school fields.

Tiger Football 2006 should mirror this team with the exception of the on who will be gambling on what plays to call :blink:

Edited by mctigersportsfan