Marshall Co Scrimmage

mctigermom

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The offensive line was patched together, but did a great job. Several guys scored including Donta Hightower, Justin Wright, Cavalla O'Neal, and Justin Braden. I think the score with the number ones in there was 6 - 2 Marshall County. MC did not give up much on the ground. Most of the movement was to #18 of Shelbyville who could play some ball!

Good luck to SCHS this year.

Our game plan for Hightower this year will be similar to the 99 season where the Pats allowed....I can't think of his name for the Tigers.....he went to Carson Newman. Any way we let him run wild for over 300 yds and let him make about 15 tackles at his LB position thru 3 qtrs......by the 4th qtr he was so tired from running all over us, that we won on a last second field goal and the poor guy could hardly stand up he was so exhausted.....I told the coach from Page that was sheer genius the way that game plan worked....but he was not amused

Now that is not scientific, but a regular defense is going to have to put 10 in the box to stop him and then you pay from the rest of the athletic guys and they throw on you. Name your poison. Hopefully when we go down there it comes a monsoon and that field which holds a lot of water gets about six inches deep and we find out Hightower is afraid of the water and drowning and the QB has slippery hands....I got more of 'em...if you want 'em.

Anybody else got a better idea?????????????

Our game plan for Hightower this year will be similar to the 99 season where the Pats allowed....I can't think of his name for the Tigers.....he went to Carson Newman. Any way we let him run wild for over 300 yds and let him make about 15 tackles at his LB position thru 3 qtrs......by the 4th qtr he was so tired from running all over us, that we won on a last second field goal and the poor guy could hardly stand up he was so exhausted.....I told the coach from Page that was sheer genius the way that game plan worked....but he was not amused

Now that is not scientific, but a regular defense is going to have to put 10 in the box to stop him and then you pay from the rest of the athletic guys and they throw on you. Name your poison. Hopefully when we go down there it comes a monsoon and that field which holds a lot of water gets about six inches deep and we find out Hightower is afraid of the water and drowning and the QB has slippery hands....I got more of 'em...if you want 'em.

Anybody else got a better idea?????????????

That was the year that 10-0 Page (coming off of 2-STRAIGHT semifinal seasons) beat 6-4 Marshall Co. 38-35 in Lewisburg. Jared Walker played well that night at quarterback for the Pats.

The running back you are thinking of is Ray Hightower (2000 Mr. Football Back in 3A) :lol:

That was the year that 10-0 Page (coming off of 2-STRAIGHT semifinal seasons) beat 6-4 Marshall Co. 38-35 in Lewisburg. Jared Walker played well that night at quarterback for the Pats.

The running back you are thinking of is Ray Hightower (2000 Mr. Football Back in 3A) :lol:

I thought it was Hightower but I wasn't sure....and I am sure he is related to this RB.

All I remember is how many sprints the team did for allowing so much offense and our kicker saved us.......oh yeah...that train whistle/horn and the officiating crew that was ALL white hair and over 70 yrs old each one. They couldn't keep up with the "track meet" that night and TO's were three min long and between scores they had to get oxygen and change their adult diapers. Then when the final horn sounded I have never seen old men run so fast to get out of Dodge. Another classic battle between the two rivals.

I thought it was Hightower but I wasn't sure....and I am sure he is related to this RB.

All I remember is how many sprints the team did for allowing so much offense and our kicker saved us.......oh yeah...that train whistle/horn and the officiating crew that was ALL white hair and over 70 yrs old each one. They couldn't keep up with the "track meet" that night and TO's were three min long and between scores they had to get oxygen and change their adult diapers. Then when the final horn sounded I have never seen old men run so fast to get out of Dodge. Another classic battle between the two rivals.

When and where does Page scrimmage next????