Maryville vs D.B.

kobayashi

and what games are you talking about in basketball where maryville "spanked" us? look back at my last post. i edited it again while u were thinking of what to say. and if ur gonna correct people... It's FARRAGUT not FARRAGUTT

everyone always has to bring up the fact of where Farragut is located. sad. thats all u all have against us. i dont think i have ever heard a Farragut person say they are better than someone because they live in Farragut. it's always the other person who assumes thats the reason... i saw on the site there was a game in 02-03 i think where maryville won by 30 in basketball. but everyone gets lucky with a big win.

also.. i had already said they were worthy in football. so yeah i was right after all about you only talking about maryville possibly being worthy in 1 sport.

so once again.. back on topic. it's only a scrimmage. maryville is good. but its just a scrimmage. i'll believe they are def. better when they beat them on a regular basis in real games not scrimmages.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i highly highly doubt alcoa would "whip" us. everyone thinks too highly of them. if they actually beat Farragut then u could say something but until then no they wouldnt win. and ur right mhs. noone is aspiring because they know its too high of a goal for them to reach. so they try to get to the level below us. and i noticed u only said something about 1 sport where they could possible be worthy.

Edit:

Farragut has atleast 3 Team State Championships in 7 different sports.

on the otherhand Maryville has atleast 1 Team State Championship in 2 sports.

so like i said. not worthy in everything but football.

and about basketball we all know Farragut got screwed in the game a few years ago. where Farragut scored the tieing basket and was fouled with about 1 second left. but nooo they moron ref. claims he was fouled on the floor. but theres no way he was on the floor long enough to be fouled before he started shooting.

back on topic... its just a scrimmage.

Farragut? Trust me sport you don’t want Maryville on your schedule these days. Let’s see Oak Ridge hands you your butt’s every season and last year Knox Central spanked you as well. Maryville does scrimmage Oak Ridge and normally gets the best of them and has beat Knox Central the past seven times and being the only team to beat Central in like 4 years! Farragut football, a legend in your mind maybe but they never make it past the second round of the play-offs in your grand 5A division! Your Record (2001-2005) stands at 31-24 and to me means Farragut can’t compete in 5A ether! There is no question Maryville will be able too then you can add another loss to your season. This year I think every team in Blount County could beat Farragut!

Stick to baseball you’ve got that going for you.

It's truly sad when someone has to resort to talking about baton twirling championships on the FOOTBALL board . Tell us about all the Football championships Farragut has . You only wish that Farragut could be mentioned in the same sentence as Maryville . Keep fighting your battle on the message boards , and we'll keep collecting GOLD FOOTBALLS .

i never said Farragut was amazing at football. and central did beat us but they didnt "spank" us. and i never said they were a legend. i know they arent the best dont worry. and 31-24 is a winning record. so they win which means they can compete.. "never getting past the 2nd round" we got to the 3rd last year. way to know what your talking about. and baton twirling? thats not a sport. like i said we have atleast 3 team state championships in 7 SPORTS.. if we included cheerleading and dance in this.. we'd easily have 20 more championships but we arent talking about that.

maryville has 10 team state championships

1-baseball

9-football

yes maryville is good. but you all need to stop acting like theyd kill everyone in 5A when they dont play a 5A schedule and havent won a 5A state championship.

farragut has 27 team state championships.

since im sure u dont include girl's sports as sports ill just list the boy's championships..

4-baseball

3-soccer

3-track

3-golf

3 cross country.

thats 16 just for boys. yeah i know there isnt a football one. but once again i never said or acted like Farragut was amazing at football. actually i never said they were average at football.

so all im asking is just stop acting like you all would win the 5A state championship every year when you arent in 5A and last i checked maryville has only beaten a good 5A team in a scrimmage. and about mentioning farragut in the same sentence as maryville.. u said it for me so i dont have to wish. once maryville wins a 5A state title then i'll be along with you for them being tops in 5A but until then they are still 4A.

edit: Mccallie has beaten Knox Central twice since 2003. so much for your only one in 4yrs theory.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Farragut? Trust me sport you don’t want Maryville on your schedule these days. Let’s see Oak Ridge hands you your butt’s every season and last year Knox Central spanked you as well. Maryville does scrimmage Oak Ridge and normally gets the best of them and has beat Knox Central the past seven times and being the only team to beat Central in like 4 years! Farragut football, a legend in your mind maybe but they never make it past the second round of the play-offs in your grand 5A division! Your Record (2001-2005) stands at 31-24 and to me means Farragut can’t compete in 5A ether! There is no question Maryville will be able too then you can add another loss to your season. This year I think every team in Blount County could beat Farragut!

Stick to baseball you’ve got that going for you.

Alright, Maryville is not only one of the top teams in the state but also the country and I am not taking anythinkg away from them because I have nothing but respect for them.

However, saying Farragut isn't competative in 5A isn't accurate at all. Co-regional champs last year, 2nd the year before that. Also a strong showing in the quarterfinals of the playoffs(which is past the 2nd round) in a game that could have gone either way until a miscue on defense allowed Gulmire to break free for a long run at the end of the 3rd qtr. Saying Central spanked us is also completely off base, anyone who was at that game,including the Central team, saw that Farragut had the game in the bag until a costly fumble by our RB returned for a TD changed the momentum and lead to the final score of 20-10 which isn't a "spanking". "Any team in Blount County could beat Farragut" thats an accurate statement if I have ever seen one, we have Heritage and William Blount in our region and last year I believe the combined score of the two games was Farragut 55 Blount County 17, good call on that one chief.

You guys are absolutely correct. Each year Maryville goes out and soundly beats the best in 5A in East Tennessee but because they are scrimmages they really don't mean a thing. Yes....because you guys have 5A in front of your name you are still much better than Maryville..... :lol:

I watched the DB vs Maryville game tape and there was a difference. If you have a brain then the difference is obvious.

The funniest part of this thread is a Farragut dumbarse is talking smack. I don't care who you are ..... that is just funny. :D

i never said Farragut was amazing at football. and central did beat us but they didnt "spank" us. and i never said they were a legend. i know they arent the best dont worry. and 31-24 is a winning record. so they win which means they can compete.. "never getting past the 2nd round" we got to the 3rd last year. way to know what your talking about. and baton twirling? thats not a sport. like i said we have atleast 3 team state championships in 7 SPORTS.. if we included cheerleading and dance in this.. we'd easily have 20 more championships but we arent talking about that.

maryville has 10 team state championships

1-baseball

9-football

yes maryville is good. but you all need to stop acting like theyd kill everyone in 5A when they dont play a 5A schedule and havent won a 5A state championship.

farragut has 27 team state championships.

since im sure u dont include girl's sports as sports ill just list the boy's championships..

4-baseball

3-soccer

3-track

3-golf

3 cross country.

thats 16 just for boys. yeah i know there isnt a football one. but once again i never said or acted like Farragut was amazing at football. actually i never said they were average at football.

so all im asking is just stop acting like you all would win the 5A state championship every year when you arent in 5A and last i checked maryville has only beaten a good 5A team in a scrimmage. and about mentioning farragut in the same sentence as maryville.. u said it for me so i dont have to wish. once maryville wins a 5A state title then i'll be along with you for them being tops in 5A but until then they are still 4A.

In 2001 in the second round of the playoffs was a game that everyone

that season had been waiting for, Maryville vs. defending 2000, 5A Champ Red Bank.

Lead by Gerald Riggs Jr., the Lions who had won the 5A championship in 2000 dropped to 4A in 2001. The Rebs dominated the Lions 36-14, viewed in front of one of the largest home crowds in Skeeter stadium history. The Black Swarm was all over Riggs from the start to the last whistle holding the UT commitment and #1 rated running back in the country to 62 total yards! Yea, Maryville can play 5A, no big deal.

If you want to talk school Championships get off the football board till Farragut get's past the 2nd or 3rd round.

when did i say Farragut was better at football? oh yeah never. and beating the defending state champ is different. they obviously lost talent since u said they moved down. so them beating a 4A used to be 5A doesnt mean theyd win the 5A state championship. so when they actually win the 5A state championship ill believe they are the Best in the state at all levels. Maryville is good yeah i know that dont worry im not dumb. just stop acting like they are 5A state champs and can beat everyone in 5A easily. i respect maryville. i have friends that went to maryville. i respect them just not the way they act when they win. they just assume that since they are maryville they are the best in the state every year and can beat every 5A team. if anyone is A R R O G A N T its maryville people who think they are the greatest at football when they dont play the best teams year in a year out.

FBEmeritus, true Maryville beat Red Bank the following year and yes Red Bank had Riggs, but that is all they had. The year before was loaded with all state players, the Red Bank defense was stacked, their line were way better, Red Bank in 2001 was not even half the team red Banks had in 2000. Saw them both years. Also their legendary coach left red Bank after the 2000 season. In 2001, everyone keyed in on Riggs and Red Bank was beaten 4 times. In 2000 they had many, many weapons to choose from. I understand what you are trying to relate too, but Red Bank in 2001 was just not the same team at all.

However, let it be known that when Maryville does come up to 5A, they will win a championship no doubt.

Edited by bud