Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Bill#49

I didn't realize it was a quiltin' bee? I thought it was a football jamboree. What gives with the postponing of it?

The chance of rain increases tomorrow as the day goes on as well. What are they going to do then? Postpone it again?

To my understanding the coaches from the other teams in the Jamboree called the High school and said they didn't want there kids to get hurt and they asked if they could postpone it til tomorrow night.... :blink:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chance of rain increases tomorrow as the day goes on as well. What are they going to do then? Postpone it again?

Actually no it isn't a front is moving through today & tonight bringing the rain to and end sometime around the middle of the day saturday.

Tonight: chance of rain 60%

Tomorrow: High near 84, with a 30% chance of rain mainly before noon!

Tomorrow Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southeast wind around 5 mph.

10%-20% chance of rain before 7:00pm

To my understanding the coaches from the other teams in the Jamboree called the High school and said they didn't want there kids to get hurt and they asked if they could postpone it til tomorrow night.... :blink:

Alright, that makes some sense. I just hate that I am not going to see any football now until week 1. I can listen to the radio next week though if it is on. B)

Actually no it isn't a front is moving through today & tonight bringing the rain to and end sometime around the middle of the day saturday.

Tonight: chance of rain 60%

Tomorrow: High near 84, with a 30% chance of rain mainly before noon!

Tomorrow Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southeast wind around 5 mph.

10%-20% chance of rain before 7:00pm

Ok, that is what I get for listening to the radio. :blink: They said that it increased as the day went on. Thank you for the clarification.

Can you not come tomorrow night?

Will be out of town tomorrow B)

bull hockey! Bledsoe is the home team and called it because they wanted a big crowd for tomorrow. Bad idea B)

Alright, that makes some sense. I just hate that I am not going to see any football now until week 1. I can listen to the radio next week though if it is on. :blink:

Yeah I hope it's on the radio too. It ought to be hopefully they won't do what they did last year and stick to home town games.

Yeah im sure thats why they did it. :thumb: If that was the case they would have scheduled it for Saturday when it was created.

It makes good sense to delay it a day because everyone knows that a good crowd would ave shown up anyway but if there isn't going to be rain it will be packed and it benifits all the teams because unless I am wrong all the schools get a cut of the gate money.

Plus three or four years ago when the jamboree was at Grundy I think they had to call of the last two or three quarters because of storms.

It makes good sense to delay it a day because everyone knows that a good crowd would ave shown up anyway but if there isn't going to be rain it will be packed and it benifits all the teams because unless I am wrong all the schools get a cut of the gate money.

Plus three or four years ago when the jamboree was at Grundy I think they had to call of the last two or three quarters because of storms.

Teams get money for insurance.

Did get called at Grundy. I think it was in the 5th quarter when the storms were rolling in.

DL (who's now going fishing tonight. :thumb::) )