Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Bill#49

Your thoughts on Marion County are right on the money. I just cant believe the coach pulled his starters and put a jv team in. In my opion he (coach) blew any chance of winning. My impression on the new coach, HE STINKS!!!!!! :lol::D:D:D

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Most of the time in the past the jamboree was heavily played by 2nd teamers. And a few teams did it this year as well. No big deal. When the actual game takes place in October you can guarantee he will have a different attitude about it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopfully your right, Im just disappointed that he didnt give the starters a chance to play a tough south pittsburg team. The coach just needed to show a little more aggresivness toward the games and he didnt. Its like he just didnt care to prove anything.

I understand what you are saying but most of the time in the jamboree the coaches don't want to prove anything and a lot of them don't want to show anything. If I can remember right Colquitte did the same thing that when he was coaching. I could be wrong on that but it seems like it is right.

Your thoughts on Marion County are right on the money. I just cant believe the coach pulled his starters and put a jv team in. In my opion he (coach) blew any chance of winning. My impression on the new coach, HE STINKS!!!!!! :justwrestle: :P:huh::)

If your first sentence refers to Pirate Mikes opinion that Marion County "Stunk", I disagree. The JV boys didn't win, but I thought overall they played as well as could be expected. A fresman Warrior actually picked off a wounded duck pass thrown up by the Pirate QB. There's a memory he'll have forever. Personally I wish we'd put more of an effort into the Jamboree as well, especially in the MC/sp quarter. But don't get discouraged. The new Coach knows what he's doing. MC will be just fine. There's too much talent to believe otherwise.

If your first sentence refers to Pirate Mikes opinion that Marion County "Stunk", I disagree. The JV boys didn't win, but I thought overall they played as well as could be expected. A fresman Warrior actually picked off a wounded duck pass thrown up by the Pirate QB. There's a memory he'll have forever. Personally I wish we'd put more of an effort into the Jamboree as well, especially in the MC/sp quarter. But don't get discouraged. The new Coach knows what he's doing. MC will be just fine. There's too much talent to believe otherwise.

I don't apologize for what I said, marion stunk. They were predicted in the murphy fair in a 3-way tie for first. Cmon, they will have a long LONG season. And by the way, the freshman (JV) player that picked off that pass, well, it was thrown by a sophomore (JV) player. So both players will remember that forever. I will go ahead and predict now that SP will win the Marion game by 4 TD's.

Well i did apologize and ill tell you now, the next time Marion plays pittsburg the game will be different. I might be angry at the coach but the players on first string will beat them. The coach will make the right calls and take the game.And for both players remebering that interception your right they will. Marion for catching a poorly thrown ball by a JV q-back. As for 4 touch downs,dude wake up and smell that purple rain that is going to rain down on you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::angry::P

Nice post. I think we may have pricked a Pirate Mike nerve when commenting about that wobbly pass. Your last sentence is much more realistic than Pirate Mikes 4 TD fantasy.

Nice post. I think we may have pricked a Pirate Mike nerve when commenting about that wobbly pass. Your last sentence is much more realistic than Pirate Mikes 4 TD fantasy.

Watch a fantasy become instant reality when this game is played...Pirates will completely dominate every aspect of the game....but for now, lets take it one game at a time....good luck to both teams...we can duke this out the actual week of the game.......this is what adds all the excitement fo High School football :thumb:

Ok, Ok, so your freshman will remember picking off a pass against SP in the Jamboree. My Sophmore threw the pick, ok. So, now, I bet my Sophmore RB Mitchell will remember for the rest of his life how he ran 2 TD's against marion...one for 30+ yards while going left, then cutting all the way back right across the middle of the field. Wow, what a memory...not just one, but two!!! Way to go!!!

And get used to that cause it will happen MANY times in the real game. But as piratetom mentioned, lets take one game at a time. Just remind me after the game the score I predicted.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

All everybody keeps talkin about is how Marion had their 2nd string in. I hate to break it to u guys, but so did sp. Speaking as a starter, Coach Grider told us that we would be coming out as soon as they made their first substitution, and we did. I say when Oct. 6 rolls around, MC will be dominated. SP has a veteran coaching staff, next to MC. I'm not sayin anything bad about Evans, just sayin this is his first head coaching job. That makes a big difference. Sp has too much speed anyway.

Edited by sportsman07

Your right, well wait till game week to continue our little bragging. Like you said though, remind me after the game who the winner is i predicted!! Gotta love that rivalry spirit!!.... :angry:

Well you guys are crazy as a daisy. But from the outside looking in South Pittsburg looked to have 2 or 3 times the talent Marion had. Also alot of speeed..

:thumb: