Sequatchie Valley Jamboree

Bill#49

7th Quarter)

Boyd Buchanan = 20

Sequatchie County = 0

Sequatchie played all Fr./So. and several people were not happy with the Boyd Bucs who played starters until they were up 13 against the SC Freshmen/Sophmore team! Not very classy!

Yes, in 4 plays Boyd was up 13-0. As a Boyd fan I think the coaches were caught totally offguard that Sequatchie had NO intention of playing football. I heard some of the Sequatchie guys came through after the game saying wait till we play in a few weeks. Boyd came to play Saturday night. I don't understand why Sequatchie did not. If we had known we were "only going to play 14 year olds", we could have stayed home and scrimaged our Middle School. Sorry people were upset, but the coaches made mass substitutions starting our 5th play on offense. The player that scored the 2nd and 3rd TD's was the 4th string tailback.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, in 4 plays Boyd was up 13-0. As a Boyd fan I think the coaches were caught totally offguard that Sequatchie had NO intention of playing football. I heard some of the Sequatchie guys came through after the game saying wait till we play in a few weeks. Boyd came to play Saturday night. I don't understand why Sequatchie did not. If we had known we were "only going to play 14 year olds", we could have stayed home and scrimaged our Middle School. Sorry people were upset, but the coaches made mass substitutions starting our 5th play on offense. The player that scored the 2nd and 3rd TD's was the 4th string tailback.

Buc4life you shouldnt have to explain boyds decision to play. Your right boyd came to play football, you should be proud of your team. Maybe you could talk to boyds coach and tell him to give Marions coach a call and tell him how to play ball.

Yeah, I give Grundy props on that nice catch for score, however, if the rookie referees knew where to place the markers while measuring for first down, they would have been stopped on fourth down conversion. The rookie referee used the hash mark instead of the line that stretches all the way across the field. Grundy needed 4 yards and REALLY only got 3 yards. You could tell the head ref was confused about why it was done that way too. Oh well, no biggie, just a Jamboree. Win or lose doesn't matter, it is about letting everyone play and work on real game situations. Good Luck to all teams that participated.

I beg to differ. I was on the sideline right by the chains before they moved them on to the field and it was clearly a first down. Only a scrimmage and doesn't matter on the season, but it was a first down.

If I were a Pirate I'd only worry about working hard and doing as well as many think you will this season. You looked pretty good to me. I'd say Vic has things on the move again. Since we won't see you any more this season......Good Luck!

DL.

Buc4life you shouldnt have to explain boyds decision to play. Your right boyd came to play football, you should be proud of your team. Maybe you could talk to boyds coach and tell him to give Marions coach a call and tell him how to play ball.

I'm sure Marion doesn't need my advice. I thought the Jamboree was a tune up for your team before the season starts. We didn't know who was in what grade for Sequatchie. We know they are always a tough football team, even in down years. Now we get comments about not being classy. We are the NEW kid on the block, so we're still learning. I think I know why Tyner choses not to play in that Jamboree.

Your right it might have been a tune up but to pull your starters against a team like So. Pitts. . Come on you have to admit thats dumb. You would think the new coach on the block would want to impress his devoted fans. Just my opinion!!

South Pitt looked great. I personally think they have the BEST athletes among the teams that played. They are also very well coached. We have nothing but respect for Vic Grider and the Pirates. I think you and I wanted to see some football and were disappointed some teams or coaches had other ideas. Like someone said before, it was just a scrimmage and doesn't count. I can't wait till this Friday. No more sandbaging!!!

Yes your right. I personaly was very disappointed. Cant wait till Friday myself, I just pray things will get better for the purple faithful.We have alot of talent just hope it gets used like it should!!!! :ph34r::angry:

Good Luck to Marion...well for a few weeks anyway :angry: Marion has a great tradition in Football. If they get to clicking like they have in the past, everyone else is in trouble.

No, I'm a Sequatchie fan, sorry for the confusion. I think you'll bring a new level of excitement to the region. I for one would love to see Tyner join the jamboree also. I think something where 3-1a and 3-2a jamboree together in an all day event would be awesome. However, it would change the character of the Jamboree, not necessarily a bad thing. I loved playing in the Jamboree when I was in high school and hope that your players enjoy it as much as I did. I am glad Boyd is here and I hope you'll want to stay. When the schedule changed I was afraid that you'll would not show, but you'll did hold up to your commitment and earned my respect.

I beg to differ. I was on the sideline right by the chains before they moved them on to the field and it was clearly a first down. Only a scrimmage and doesn't matter on the season, but it was a first down.

If I were a Pirate I'd only worry about working hard and doing as well as many think you will this season. You looked pretty good to me. I'd say Vic has things on the move again. Since we won't see you any more this season......Good Luck!

DL.

Okay Okay, if you were right there then okay okay. Just from the stands and from the SP sideline, it appeared incorrect, but thanks for the correction.