Antioch vs. Ravenwood

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ravenwood is not the same as of 2005 but they will make the playoffs, im not saying that cause im from there, it is the attitude of the team that'll get them there, we will see how they respond when the season starts. thats what really matters, last year b4 the 2005 season started, rhs got whipped by MBA. and then they lost to BA. They will soon realize they need to get there head outta their a** and play to win instead of thinkin that they walk over people cause they have a state championship ring on their bedroom dresser

wow, i didnt know that!! I thought the thread was just someone trying to stir things up. So have they already sat out the week of practice? or is it during the season?

Ravenwood has some big shoes to fill this year, But they do have some very talented players returning and transfered in!!The scrimmage was definately a good one , but not quite as lop-sided as some of you are making it. I will tip my hat to Antioch's coach Mike Woodward and his staff , they will be a team to watch out for this year. Also whoever is #2 for Antioch's JV and is a QB needs to be playing tailback or a slot receiver and returning punts "That kid moves like Reggie Bush!!" Can anyone tell me what the story is on that kid.

I think #2 is Terrance Davis, someone correct me if I'm wrong. He showed some amazing speed. He is one heckuva a basketball player too. I didn't know he played football until, I saw the Lebanon - Antioch scrimmage. He is a tremendous athlete. I'm glad to see he isn't limiting himself to one sport.

The one thing about Mr. Davis is that he is a 10th grader and is probably the best QB Antioch has. He is reminiscent of Eric Locke of Riverdale, same height and loads of athletic ability.

I know TD very well. Little story. When he was an eighth grader at JFK they were playing Croft. TD was at QB and on one particular play Croft got through the O line and five or six Croft players stopped TD behind the line of scrimmage. TD's forward progress was obviously stopped and after a few seconds you see one of Croft's players running the other way with the ball. JFK's coach A was ticked and went to ask the refs why they hadn't blown the whistle since TD's forward progress was stopped. Five on one usually means the one isn't going anywhere. The ref told coach A that they wanted to see what TD could do because he had been breaking tackles all day. Like I said earlier, TD is a great kid and athlete. Even if he doesn't start this year it is great to know that AHS still has him for two more years!