What happened to Franklin HS Rebels?

sundancer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, someone get me caught up - What has happened to the Franklin HS Rebels? I've gone through the first three pages and I don't see no bragging! There usually a ton of those rebs on here talking smack... Is this going to be their down year?

Hunter's Lane gave the rebs all they wanted in Friday's scrimmage. Rebs offensive line was slow off the ball. Simply couldn't handle HL's speed. QB for rebs ran for his life. Maybe that's why UT-bound Campbell for rebs only caught one pass. Josh Frohauck (spelling) at linebacker for rebs is a beast.

Hunter's Lane gave the rebs all they wanted in Friday's scrimmage. Rebs offensive line was slow off the ball. Simply couldn't handle HL's speed. QB for rebs ran for his life. Maybe that's why UT-bound Campbell for rebs only caught one pass. Josh Frohauck (spelling) at linebacker for rebs is a beast.

Does the fullback, Frohock (sp?) have any offers yet from D-1 colleges? I have heard that he is a player.

Does the fullback, Frohock (sp?) have any offers yet from D-1 colleges? I have heard that he is a player.

I don't know of any offers, but he is being closely looked at by Tennessee. As a matter of fact, both he and Brentwood's DE Jaron Norfleet were pulled out from the group this summer at the UT Sr. Camp and worked with Coach Chavez for the better part of an afternoon. Word is that Norfleet is being moved from DE to LB this year. Several big-name D-1A programs are waiting to see him play up at LB before making an offer. Making the shift from DE (playing w/ hand down) to LB (playing up) is typically a big adjustment. I'm anxious to see out that transition goes. As for Frohock, this dude is in shape-ripped, but don't know how much more weight he could carry at the next level. Then again, its not the size of the dog in the fight...but the size of the fight in the dog!

I don't know of any offers, but he is being closely looked at by Tennessee. As a matter of fact, both he and Brentwood's DE Jaron Norfleet were pulled out from the group this summer at the UT Sr. Camp and worked with Coach Chavez for the better part of an afternoon. Word is that Norfleet is being moved from DE to LB this year. Several big-name D-1A programs are waiting to see him play up at LB before making an offer. Making the shift from DE (playing w/ hand down) to LB (playing up) is typically a big adjustment. I'm anxious to see out that transition goes. As for Frohock, this dude is in shape-ripped, but don't know how much more weight he could carry at the next level. Then again, its not the size of the dog in the fight...but the size of the fight in the dog!

Good to hear about some more local guys getting a look from the Vols. How big is Frohock? UT already has a commitment from a FB, the Cooper kid from Baylor, so I wonder if that is a factor. Does Frohock project at any other positions? Possibly LB?

Franklin should be fairly solid this year, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Their biggest weakness will be at QB, which has been one of their strengths the past 5 years. It is a good thing Todd Campbell committed early to UT as he may not see much of the football this year. He cannot catch it if the QB cannot get it to him. I predict the Rebels will go with the Nichols kid (Soph?) at QB by mid-season.

Franklin should be fairly solid this year, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Their biggest weakness will be at QB, which has been one of their strengths the past 5 years. It is a good thing Todd Campbell committed early to UT as he may not see much of the football this year. He cannot catch it if the QB cannot get it to him. I predict the Rebels will go with the Nichols kid (Soph?) at QB by mid-season.

Maybe you have not been to any of the scrimmages. Otherwise you may not be saying this. It seems to me that neither Nichals (Soph) nor Cantrell (Jr.) can run the ball, which is probably best for them because neither of them seems to want to take a hit. When they don't have an open receiver, they either throw it into double coverage or they get sacked. They probably have minus 100 yards between over the last 4 scrimmages (including the Spring). They can make a pass, when they have no pressure and a wide open receiver. And, they can hand the ball off like nobody's business (that is when they get the ball). Both of them have had several fumbled snaps, which usually comes from pulling out from under center too quickly (scared?).

Luckily, Franklin does have a third QB, Sellars (another Soph.). Now, this boy is a playmaker. I have followed football in this area for quite a few years, this kid is one of the best, if not the best QB that I have seen in a long long time. If he doesn't get the start initially (which he should), he will probably work his way into the position fairly quickly. He can read defenses pretty good and has a good arm. But, his biggest asset seem to be his legs. When he doesn't have an open receiver, he is not afraid the put the ball down and run for it. I believe he has had several runs around 30 or 40 yards. I don't recall the coaches calling any running plays for the other two, but the Sellar's kid seems to get his number called quite a bit. He might lack a little experience since he did not play QB as a Freshman, except for the last couple of games. One of them, his first of the year, he ripped Brentwood a new one 35-14. He picked them apart pretty good. 0 sacks, probably over 100 yards rushing and a pretty good passing game.

And, during the scrimmage against Louisville Male High (the best team in Louisville, and probably that area), he was the only FHS QB that was able to led the offense down the field and score. And, a lot had to do with his ability to run the ball when he needed to.

If he is so good, why didn't start at QB last year? I can't answer that. This is something us long time FHS fans wondered all year. Especially after seeing the two of them play with the same team, but getting quite different results. Maybe that is what you get when you have a track coach coaching the football team.

Yeah, they all had a little trouble against Hunter's Lane. But, like someone said above, their O-Line was having a litte trouble, and the defense didn't seem into the game. But, it was still pretty close, nothing like the blowout someone else described. I think it was like 21-`7. So, don't give the position away to Nichals or Cantrell yet. But, from what I have seen (and I have been to all the scrimmages), Clayton would have to be crazy not to give this Sellars kid the start. He did get the start in the scrimmage against Blackmon and I believe they scored 5 timeswith him at QB (again his running was a big contributor) vs. the 3 times the other two combined for.