Boyd Buc at CPA

ze pequeno

Boyd's defense looked impressive...Not sure if Whitwell gained any positive yardage the whole quarter...I know the first series they got a first down on a punt attempt fumbled by the punter and he picked it up and ran it for a first down..That was the biggest play I saw all night from Whitwell....

Yes, but Whitwell played with intensity every play. That helps both teams. Have to respect that. Our Defense is very very young, but they love to play football. Bledsoe looked great. To me they were a good team last year and their record did not reflect their tallent. Good luck for the next few weeks.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict boyd to win by 17. They looked impressive, but they won't bully the much bigger lines they will face in their region. Whitwell is small and Sequatchie is smaller than usual. As soon as Boyd scored their first vs SC and noticed SC only had freshman in, they should have done the same. Not classy.

Pirate, the players on the field looked about like the ones on the sidelines. We scored twice in 4 plays. The coaches started subing like crazy. #24 is our 4th string tailback, he scored the 2nd and 3rd TD. It looked like South Pitt had a great couple of games. Personally I wished the Sequatchie coach had called ours earlier in the week and told him to bring our Middle school. Now that would have been a good game!

Looking forward to this year's installment of the CPA Lions. Watched their scrimmage against Hillsboro, but hard to tell much with the starting QB and best defensive player sidelined.

Here's my take on CPA (mostly a guess at this point):

- Defense will have to avoid injuries and if they do, they will keep CPA in most games. They will give CPA a chance to win by keeping the score low.

- Offense will probably still struggle due to lack of running game. Harrison is back after knee surgery and if he stays healthy, they will be good on offense. Has lost some quickness and cutting ability, but still hard runner, tough competitor,

and key to CPA's susccess.

- Key to offense will be passing game again and with junior QB who started all last year, they should be effective in the air. QB is also a big kid and good runner, so that will help with running game. Receivers should be better since all are experienced and Coach Chris Sanders (former Titan) has worked with them.

- One added bonus this year is placekicker, Sullivan, looks greatly improved and will provide some points when we get stalled in opponent's territory.

I don't see CPA as a state champ (hope I am wrong), but competitive in all games and possible region champ, but probably runnerup to Goodpasture.

Boyd Buchanan game will be good test and Boyd could likely win, especially if CPA doesn't contain the Boyd RB who is very good and burned them last year.

Does Jeff Fishers son play for CPA. I know one played several years ago, but I think he has another son there now. Does anyone know for sure?

Yes, he has another son on the team, but he is a bench warmer at this point. The older son, Brandon, had a great career at CPA and now plays for U. of Montana. He was starting as a freshman last year, but broke his leg and missed the rest of the season.

Does Jeff Fishers son play for CPA. I know one played several years ago, but I think he has another son there now. Does anyone know for sure?

This should be a good game. Wish I could make it to this one. CPA always has a good team. Boyd and CPA have had some good games int he past and i expect this one to be good as well. I know CPA returns a lot this year so it should be closer than last year. I say Boyd by 7. Good luck to both teams.

Pirate, the players on the field looked about like the ones on the sidelines. We scored twice in 4 plays. The coaches started subing like crazy. #24 is our 4th string tailback, he scored the 2nd and 3rd TD. It looked like South Pitt had a great couple of games. Personally I wished the Sequatchie coach had called ours earlier in the week and told him to bring our Middle school. Now that would have been a good game!

Your senior QB and whatever grade RB scored twice in 4 plays against freshman for sequatchie. All your middle LB's did were blitz the gaps between guard and tackles. It won't happen against a more solid line is what I am saying. And the classy part I mentioned, don't worry about it, cya on the 25th.

Your senior QB and whatever grade RB scored twice in 4 plays against freshman for sequatchie. All your middle LB's did were blitz the gaps between guard and tackles. It won't happen against a more solid line is what I am saying. And the classy part I mentioned, don't worry about it, cya on the 25th.

We look forward to it. By the way, most of the LBs are Sophmores. Again, wish we'd brought the Middle school. Pirates look like they will have a shot at State this year. Hope you go all the way. (also hope you have a miserable week # 2) <_<

Week 2 will be miserable for them. <_<

But we got the Lions to take care of first who will give us a very hard fought game. Wish i could be there but guess you guys will have to fill me in on the details of the game. I was also looking forward to talkin some socce with OnlineLC up there, but maybe another time.