Boyd Buc at CPA

ze pequeno

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this year's installment of the CPA Lions. Watched their scrimmage against Hillsboro, but hard to tell much with the starting QB and best defensive player sidelined.

Here's my take on CPA (mostly a guess at this point):

- Defense will have to avoid injuries and if they do, they will keep CPA in most games. They will give CPA a chance to win by keeping the score low.

- Offense will probably still struggle due to lack of running game. Harrison is back after knee surgery and if he stays healthy, they will be good on offense. Has lost some quickness and cutting ability, but still hard runner, tough competitor,

and key to CPA's susccess.

- Key to offense will be passing game again and with junior QB who started all last year, they should be effective in the air. QB is also a big kid and good runner, so that will help with running game. Receivers should be better since all are experienced and Coach Chris Sanders (former Titan) has worked with them.

- One added bonus this year is placekicker, Sullivan, looks greatly improved and will provide some points when we get stalled in opponent's territory.

I don't see CPA as a state champ (hope I am wrong), but competitive in all games and possible region champ, but probably runnerup to Goodpasture.

Boyd Buchanan game will be good test and Boyd could likely win, especially if CPA doesn't contain the Boyd RB who is very good and burned them last year.

Looking forward to this year's installment of the CPA Lions. Watched their scrimmage against Hillsboro, but hard to tell much with the starting QB and best defensive player sidelined.

Here's my take on CPA (mostly a guess at this point):

- Defense will have to avoid injuries and if they do, they will keep CPA in most games. They will give CPA a chance to win by keeping the score low.

- Offense will probably still struggle due to lack of running game. Harrison is back after knee surgery and if he stays healthy, they will be good on offense. Has lost some quickness and cutting ability, but still hard runner, tough competitor,

and key to CPA's susccess.

- Key to offense will be passing game again and with junior QB who started all last year, they should be effective in the air. QB is also a big kid and good runner, so that will help with running game. Receivers should be better since all are experienced and Coach Chris Sanders (former Titan) has worked with them.

- One added bonus this year is placekicker, Sullivan, looks greatly improved and will provide some points when we get stalled in opponent's territory.

I don't see CPA as a state champ (hope I am wrong), but competitive in all games and possible region champ, but probably runnerup to Goodpasture.

Boyd Buchanan game will be good test and Boyd could likely win, especially if CPA doesn't contain the Boyd RB who is very good and burned them last year.

Are you talking about the running back that hurt his knee again?

The replacement running back for Boyd-Buchanan won the sprint competition for backs at the jamboree tonight, ahead of South Pittsburg's fastest. Their main players beat Whitwell and looked good against Sequatchie's freshmen, putting up 150 yards in a quarter and even trying a fake extra point. I'd guess CPA will be a tougher challenge next week than a group of 14 year olds.

Edited by Indian

The replacement running back for Boyd-Buchanan won the sprint competition for backs at the jamboree tonight, ahead of South Pittsburg's fastest. Their main players beat Whitwell and looked good against Sequatchie's freshmen, putting up 150 yards in a quarter and even trying a fake extra point. I'd guess CPA will be a tougher challenge next week than a group of 14 year olds.

Why did Sequatchie play their freshmen against Boyd's starters?

Because the starters played in the team's first quarter of the night. Each team had two quarters. I guess the feeling was BB would play backups after playing starters and winning against Whitwell's starters. Most of the teams there did that, one with starters and one with backups. When different experience levels were out there against each other in a couple of quarters, it was obvious. None of it matters since they were just practice games.

Edited by Indian

For starters CPA is always a class act. I've never seen their facilities but I understand they are spectacular. We are very young this year. We only have 8 Seniors. QB has never played High School ball before this year. We have a lot of unanswered questions going into this year. We'll do our best and hope everyone stays safe.

I know in jamborees that most teams don't want to show too much. We were all very curious WHY Sequatchie didn't play at least some of their starters. We could have stayed home and scrimmaged our Middle School and got more out of it. I'm just a nobody fan, but to me it was a real disappointment. I'm NOT bashing Sequatchie's players, just would have liked to have seen a game.

Whitwell came to play. I was impressed with them. They have really improved over the past couple of years. Good luck to them in 1A.

Because the starters played in the team's first quarter of the night. Each team had two quarters. I guess the feeling was BB would play backups after playing starters and winning against Whitwell's starters. None of it matters since they were just practice games.

We only played the starters the first 4 plays on offense and scored twice. We then started making subs quickly. Sequatchie always has a good program, we were looking forward to a hard fought quarter of ball. I think our coaches wanted to get our Varsity players some work, since they are mostly 10th and 11th graders.

Unless I'm mistaken the same player scored the second and third touchdown, #24, and Allison was still in there throwing on the third possession. Like I said, none of it matters as it was a practice, just with a lot more fans than a practice.

Your right. I've just been ready for some football and had hoped teams would come ready to play. Good luck to the Indians, we'll see you in a few weeks at your place I think.