Melrose vs MUS, Week 0 @ the Liberty Bowl

kwc

KDub,

I may be able to make it to Memphis for the game. I am not sure yet. Week 0 here does not start until the Labor day weekend, so I may be able to make the run. I will let you know.

This game is full of uncertainty and a good game for both teams. A true baptism by fire for a lot of new kids for both teams. The Bridges Classic is really a good thing on and off the field. I am very excited about the the change in the Melrose offensive philosophy and the hiring of Coach Alexander

One of my buddies here in Texas played at Trezevent with XMan and is talking trash about the game with Whitehaven:-)

OMW:

Let me know if you are going to make it to The Bluff for the game and I will make sure I'm there as well. Whitehaven should beat Fairley ... but this is the first game of the season and anything can happen.

Trezevant beat us last year 20-2. That was horrible, but Trezevant had a remarkable season last year. Trouble is ... the Whithaven/Trezevant game is the same night as the Melrose/CBHS game ... Sept. 8. That's another big game for Melrose that I don't want to miss, yet ... I don't want to miss the Whitehaven game either. If Trezevant is having another solid year ... I may have to go see it.

Anyway ... tell your buddy to get online and check out Coacht and see what's going on with his school's team and all that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bauber, I always know that the season has started, because you get into arguements with current MUS students. As a member of both the 04 and 05 state teams, I wish yall the best of luck this year. Many of yall know who i am, so this is my only post for the year. Michael, good luck with neely, I know youll miss looking at that line you had last year. But Im picking MUS due to discipline and a sound overrall game, hopefully see you in November in the state game for a three-peat. And also remember coach burr looks at this religiously, so watch the comments....

Bauber, I always know that the season has started, because you get into arguements with current MUS students. As a member of both the 04 and 05 state teams, I wish yall the best of luck this year. Many of yall know who i am, so this is my only post for the year. Michael, good luck with neely, I know youll miss looking at that line you had last year. But Im picking MUS due to discipline and a sound overrall game, hopefully see you in November in the state game for a three-peat. And also remember coach burr looks at this religiously, so watch the comments....

Well of course what could we do without that? And it was not really an arguement since the other guy had no leg to stand on. :thumb: Everyone knows who you are Reznor, GL up at WF sit on some people for me Coach Burr? Haha what a traitor! And its not like he doesnt know exactly what we run anyways. :lol: But yes best of luck to MUS this season and ill be there to support you guys! One day closer to saturday cant wait!

purnell its horn...you still at austin peay? thanks for comin to our scrimmages. me and lee moore and the rest of the team have absolutely no idea who that "whodeywhodat" guy is...we suppose its a freshmen or somethn...but did you have to bash us that bad??? no big deal...see you in the stands saturday

purnell its horn...you still at austin peay? thanks for comin to our scrimmages. me and lee moore and the rest of the team have absolutely no idea who that "whodeywhodat" guy is...we suppose its a freshmen or somethn...but did you have to bash us that bad??? no big deal...see you in the stands saturday

No, I transfered to memphis and will more than likely transfer over to Rhodes within the next year. It was not my intention to bash. I think you guys will do well against Melrose but it will be a tough game. The rest of the season I have no idea. I wasnt saying you guys are bad just that you lost a lot and have some rebuilding to do/unknowns(guys who have little or no varsity experience). Young teams in this league don't do very well its just a fact(AKA my junoir year :D ). :lol: Anyways once again GO OWLS!

Edited by Bauber

However, if Melrose is going to a solid spread offense, that may throw a wrinkle into it. I don't know how many of the Super 7 (8, 10, whatever) teams have gone up against a true throw-it-around-the-field spread team with the talent Melrose will throw at them.

MBA played Brian Brohm and his crew a few years ago and faired very well. That was definitely a spread offense. :thumb:

MBA played Brian Brohm and his crew a few years ago and faired very well. That was definitely a spread offense. <_<

TnsDeveloper,

The big "X" factor with Melrose's spread offense is the Michael-Vick-like QB that's leading the charge: Mr. Elusive, Courtney Madison. He's one slick, slippery game-changer that's difficult to prepare for (and even harder to tackle), no matter how many times a squad has seen a spread offense. To make matters even tougher on a defense, Madison appears to have a carte blanche/green light to do whatever he wants with the ball... whenever he wants to do it!

Bottom Line: If MUS is not able to contain QB Madison...it's gonna be a long, long night for MUS. On the other hand-- if they are able to keep him in check and/or pressure him into poor decisions then, IMO, Melrose will struggle mightly on offense!

BTW, I honestly don't expect Melrose's RB to be that big of a factor, Saturday night vs MUS. Nothing personal, but he appears very average--he's definitely no Craig Cooper!

All in all, I can't even begin to predict the winner of this MUS/Melrose matchup. I will say this one thing for certain, though: Something's got to give, come Saturday night! I suspect it's gonna be one very entertaining and exciting game.

Edited by TraderB