3-4A Classification Changes in 2010

osunut2

No doubt, I would definitely defend my school! However, I wouldn't read so deeply into those comments that I would try and start something that wasn't even there to begin with. Look, I never accused Maryville of anything. All I said was that it was "ironic" and "fishy." I simply pointed that out. I never said, "I think Quarles is a cheater." I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Quarles is a good coach, plain and simple. I won't disrespect the guy because he doesn't do anything wrong. This is a discussion board, and people are going to play the devil's advocate. If your english 101 skills have served you at all, you would understand that irony and accusations don't equate. I'm not trying to start something here. Save your frustrations for someone who actually has something against your school.

Maybe if you had used your superior english 101 skills from the very beginning and saw that I was initially responding to Sneakypete ... not you , we could have prevented this back and forth . Sneakypete has a known history of taking his shots at Maryville , he's what a lot of people would call a " hater " . Hopefully I'll never join in with a " hater " if they start throwing out frivolous accusations towards your school .

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pepvol, alot of OR fans claim they want Maryville. Well, they're gonna get them. I don't think people realize we'll most likely be in the same region. That means we'll play each other twice most years. Personally, I want you guys to go to region one. I think playing once a year in the playoffs is enough. I don't want to have to try to beat Maryville twice. We do that now with DB, we play them non-conference, very healthy respectful rivalry, then again in the playoffs. For selfish reasons I would rather play Maryville or DB. If they were in our region we could end up having to beat Maryville twice just to keep playing. That doesn't even sound right, "beat Maryville twice", know what I mean? You might just have two of the best in the same region. So, you guys should go up and take care of those DB Indians for us in the playoffs, then we'll get it on in the playoffs when the stakes are highest. Could you imagine the draw for that one?. That way OR plays DB once a year and Maryville once a year. It's gonna be exciting for sure.

It is amazing that Pepvol is considered arrogant because he is taking up for Maryville. A lot of posters think it is alright to take shots at Maryville. I get on this board and other sports boards and you have people always taking shots at Maryville. I turn on Sportstalk and you have callers like Hitch from Oak Ridge,Jim from Halls and Tennessee Tom from Fulton whining about Maryville. Like Pepvol said. If taking up for Maryville makes me arrogant then I wear that badge with pride.

I will say this though. If it wasn't for posters ripping Maryville on the boards,Callers ripping Maryville on sportstalk,Watching Alcoa,William Blount and Heritage playbacks and the biggest cheer being when the Maryville score is broadcasted and Maryville is losing,Talking to fans out in the public and them ripping Maryville all the time. I wouldn't enjoy the success that Maryville is having now near as much. It makes me want to see Maryville win that much more. I want these fans that hate Maryville's guts to feel that burn more and more as Maryville beats their team again.

Who can ever forget when Maryville won state in 2002? For 3 days on Knoxville Sportstalk shows. The Dewey Warren Show,Tony Basilio and 990 sportstalk with John and Jimmy all you heard was callers bashing Maryville. Finally those sportstalk show host said there would be no more talk about Maryville.

ORidgeKat

I can't wait to see Maryville go to 5A and play the Cats. I would love to see Maryville play OR and DB every year. I also would love to see Maryville keep on playing Central also.