Temple - 39, Sequatchie County - 19

bigbody1220

To call a late hit on that play the little skogan made was a joke. That was a football hit, and a pretty good one, at least channel 3 thought so, they even showed it to us in slow motion. Now, if you are the kids mama who got hit, then yea, you think it was late, but if you are objective, you say the ref was drinking to call that. Someone told me that Temple knocked some kids helmet off on a hit and the dude needed 30 stitches, is that true? I am a bit confused, when I watched temple they were a bunch of soft pansies, just liken to say they had a team, now they are knockin people's helmets off? Someone help me on this, any truth to it?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the play the running back's helmet was knocked off the Temple player had a free path due to miscommunication on the line, got to run straight through untouched. That was more Sequatchie's fault than a great play by Temple. Temple took a couple of good shots too but they can't make up 20 points so that's unimportant. Do you think penalties should be called for taunting or is that part of the game too? Did #22 play last year, I don't remember him. I don't think depth that was blamed for losses last year should bother this group as much since they had around 32 in uniform, 10 more than on the listed roster.

Edited by Indian

I wouldn't be that proud of a hit that got 15 yards. Too many unsportsmanlike/late hit calls on Temple will cost them when they play a more experienced team that what they saw last night.

If it was your guy making that hit -- wouldn't you have liked it too?

Plus, there was nothing wrong with that play. It was a bad call for the ref to make.

From the video it looked like a perfectly good hit.

That hit was dirty. It was late, the whistle you heard was the second 'clean up' whistle. The ball was laying on the ground, the whistle had already been blown, and it was a shot to the head. In essence it was a Dead Ball, Personal-Foul Hit to the head, Dead Ball-Late Hit.

The first 'big hit' when the Sequatchie RB got smacked and his helmet flew up in the air... that was football. It was a big, clean, good hit. I feel bad for the Sequatchie kid though.

Note to Temple: Eat bananas or take salt tablets. Y'all have a team that can make some noise in the playoffs if you stay fresh.

Here it is: #2 and #22 were lined on an the far side of the field on the line of scrimmage. Since #22 was on the outside, he was an elligible reciever. #2 was "covered" by #22 and was not elligible to go downfield for a pass or catch a pass. The rule states that no player numbered between #50-79 can go downfield for a pass OR players on the line of scrimmage that are "covered". There's the rule, someone else can put their two cents in now. It did come at a bad time, but it did happen.

Sounds like a penilty to me... Hard to argue with the rules. But I dont think it would have changed the out come. Impressive week for single A. Temple and South Pitt both beat solid AA teams.

That hit was dirty. It was late, the whistle you heard was the second 'clean up' whistle. The ball was laying on the ground, the whistle had already been blown, and it was a shot to the head. In essence it was a Dead Ball, Personal-Foul Hit to the head, Dead Ball-Late Hit.

The first 'big hit' when the Sequatchie RB got smacked and his helmet flew up in the air... that was football. It was a big, clean, good hit. I feel bad for the Sequatchie kid though.

Note to Temple: Eat bananas or take salt tablets. Y'all have a team that can make some noise in the playoffs if you stay fresh.

I actually think you are wrong- if that was the 2nd whistle as you claim- where was the first- there was nothing dirty about that hit- it hit the kid in the hands then he got jacked up- yes those are the nastiest hits around- FS and SS punishing receivers for coming over the middle- I thought it was football- THe kid #1- also used his arms he didn't even spear or anything- I don't know about the helmet coming off didn't see the game- but that hit on the internet was clean....

Yea I just watched it again- there was NO first whistle- and if you watch the slow motion part carefully- there is contact before the ball even hits the ground- that is just pure football hitting...

Edited by Noway

I actually think you are wrong- if that was the 2nd whistle as you claim- where was the first- there was nothing dirty about that hit- it hit the kid in the hands then he got jacked up- yes those are the nastiest hits around- FS and SS punishing receivers for coming over the middle- I thought it was football- THe kid #1- also used his arms he didn't even spear or anything- I don't know about the helmet coming off didn't see the game- but that hit on the internet was clean....

Yea I just watched it again- there was NO first whistle- and if you watch the slow motion part carefully- there is contact before the ball even hits the ground- that is just pure football hitting...

I would agree. It looked to me that it was a legitimate hit. If you can't take the heat get off the field. The last time I checked football is a contact sport.

I just can't wait till we play y'all at Finley.

takinit2thehoop- I am not from temple- I think skogen is a great player with high college potential- but I am not connected to temple...

Grace Golden Eagles- I think takinit2thehoop is from south pitt- so I am assuming that temple and sp play at finley- I don't know about grace and temple...

Edited by Noway