Obion Co hosts Dresden

VOREBS

Ok all the pre-season stuff is over. Friday night The 2006 version of the Obion Co Central Rebels take the field FOR REAL. Dresden comes in off an impressive romp over East Roberson, while this will be the Rebs first of the season. So let's hear it....what do you think? While Dresden is indeed a good football team, I say OC wins this one.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a season for the record books at OC....The offense is in place..The defense is going to be much better....The Rebels have better senior leadership than they have had in many years....One of their goals this year is to protect their house...Week 1 is the first step in reaching that goal....Dresden is a solid club..They have two all-staters in Hewitt and Vallee...OC had the game won last year in the lightning storm until a referee misinterpreted the deception rule and took a long gain for the Rebels away on a fake punt to the Lion goalline..The Rebels not only lost the big gainer..They had to punt the ball...Dresden scored a late TD then got a booming field goal at the end to win...I still hear that sound of the ball being kicked...Sounded like a cannon going off...47 yards into the wind and rain and off the fieldhouse at Dresden...Probably could have gone 57 yards....

I think Dresden will come out strong,but the Rebel O-Line will wear the Lions down in the end...I think the Rebels will come out and balance their offense between the run and the pass...If they can do that not many teams will be able to stop the mid-line option and veer......I predict a Rebel victory...This team will move the ball and will score....I see the Rebs winning 31-14....

This could be a season for the record books at OC....The offense is in place..The defense is going to be much better....The Rebels have better senior leadership than they have had in many years....One of their goals this year is to protect their house...Week 1 is the first step in reaching that goal....Dresden is a solid club..They have two all-staters in Hewitt and Vallee...OC had the game won last year in the lightning storm until a referee misinterpreted the deception rule and took a long gain for the Rebels away on a fake punt to the Lion goalline..The Rebels not only lost the big gainer..They had to punt the ball...Dresden scored a late TD then got a booming field goal at the end to win...I still hear that sound of the ball being kicked...Sounded like a cannon going off...47 yards into the wind and rain and off the fieldhouse at Dresden...Probably could have gone 57 yards....

I think Dresden will come out strong,but the Rebel O-Line will wear the Lions down in the end...I think the Rebels will come out and balance their offense between the run and the pass...If they can do that not many teams will be able to stop the mid-line option and veer......I predict a Rebel victory...This team will move the ball and will score....I see the Rebs winning 31-14....

i think this will be a great game...however i do not think the score will be 31-14...i think it'll be a much more closer...im saying 35-28 dresden...but this will be a very close game...good luck to both teams

This will be a good game.. The dresden lions came off of a good victory from east r. and noone got hurt so they will come back strong.. as for obion.. they are coming back with 18 starters..and have a good line but at the west carrol scrimmage they didnt show much the war eagles are way down and even the sorryest team could score three in the first... I heard the obion running back twisted his ankle dont know how much that will hurt the rebels or help the lions we'll have to see. the lions coach's are doing a good job of spreading the offense out this year.. so you cant really key one person... im thinking a dresden win if they stay in it and healthy

This will be a good game.. The dresden lions came off of a good victory from east r. and noone got hurt so they will come back strong.. as for obion.. they are coming back with 18 starters..and have a good line but at the west carrol scrimmage they didnt show much the war eagles are way down and even the sorryest team could score three in the first... I heard the obion running back twisted his ankle dont know how much that will hurt the rebels or help the lions we'll have to see. the lions coach's are doing a good job of spreading the offense out this year.. so you cant really key one person... im thinking a dresden win if they stay in it and healthy

Grooms did hurt his ankle...But he missed all of last year with a ACL injury to his knee....He most likely will be back,if not Garrett Grady who started last year will be in there...If he is not in there Robert White,who started when Grady got hurt,will play...The Rebels have plenty of depth at that position....Jacob Fulbright,who didn't play Friday,will be back for Dresden.....All that the West Carroll scrimmage showed was that the Rebels have continually progressed from the Lake Co. scrimmage in the spring thru the Lone Oak and Huntingdon scrimmage in the fall....They have gotten better each time out and that's all a coach wants from his players....People doubting the Rebels this year and chalking up a victory are going to be in for a huge surprise...This team will hit you in the mouth.They are playing with a confidence that comes with having 16 seniors and multiple 2 and 3 year starters.

It's gonna be a good one!!!!.......GO REBELS!!!!

Come on now, show some love to past players. I am just kidding! However the senior class three years ago probably had a little more leadership because many of those seniors had started for three years. anyway I think OC wins by about two or so TD's. Good luck guys make us "alumni" proud. Wish I could be there!

Come on now, show some love to past players. I am just kidding! However the senior class three years ago probably had a little more leadership because many of those seniors had started for three years. anyway I think OC wins by about two or so TD's. Good luck guys make us "alumni" proud. Wish I could be there!

B...There has been good leadership from past players....There was some good leadership from the 5 seniors last year....But as whole and a group,this year's bunch has more overall leadership from ALL 16 guys...The year is still young and I have been proven wrong before and you were there for four years,you know...There has been things happen before by key senior players that didn't show good leadership qualities...I don't see it happening from this bunch....They are very close and trust each other...This will go along way in determining how their season ends up.....