Obion Co hosts Dresden

VOREBS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that OC will have to deal with Hewitt, but Dresden will have to deal with SEVERAL from OC. Also the Rebels big "O" line will set the tone for the year to come, I along with others look for a solid year from this seasoned bunch. This is as said earlier Coach's 4th season, and this bunch has been in the system since they were freshman, and know the system well. This is a very good Dresden team, but look for the Rebels to win this one by at least 10.....and then turn ALL attention to next weeks visit from Crockett Co.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of being in the system 4 years....This bunch was 8-1 as freshmen with only a high scoring overtime loss at Dyersburg marring an otherwise perfect season.... :angry:

I think the Rebels are ready for the Home opener, and for alittle pay-back for last years "Lighting" game played at Dresden. Not taking anything away from Dresden, as I think this is an outstanding team, but OC seems poised to break out of it this year. The Rebels need to win the opener, not only to start the season off o thr right foot, but also the 73AAA part of the schedule is fairly tough. I say the Rebs win this one, and then we will talk about next week. One game at a time.

Oh and catch this and every Rebel game on 104.9 KYTN, (man it's good to say KYTN again, and not Y105)

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The winner of this game will control the line on both sides of the ball....pure and simple and easy of that...if dresden gets manhandled on the d-line like they did last year then look out...their d-line against east robertson was less than steller, i hope the d-ends where tring to contain b/c if they weren't then wow and if they want that win better be steped up several notches because obion is surely no push over. The line has got to create that new line of scrimmage any game and more importantly against a team who lives and dies on the option and midline.

yea I am .I PICK DRESDEN BY 2 TDS :lol:

Too bad the leg didn't get passed down in the gene pool :lol:

The winner of this game will control the line on both sides of the ball....pure and simple and easy of that...if dresden gets manhandled on the d-line like they did last year then look out...their d-line against east robertson was less than steller, i hope the d-ends where tring to contain b/c if they weren't then wow and if they want that win better be steped up several notches because obion is surely no push over. The line has got to create that new line of scrimmage any game and more importantly against a team who lives and dies on the option and midline.

WHO SAID IT DIDNT. :lol:

I'd say giving up only 38 yards rushing was a pretty good performance by the d-line.as far as Dresden being ready,don't worry they will be.If you beat us then you can brag about beating a little 2A school.

I'd say giving up only 38 yards rushing was a pretty good performance by the d-line.as far as Dresden being ready,don't worry they will be.If you beat us then you can brag about beating a little 2A school.

Wondered when that comment would show up....That's why I have a problem playing Union City,Dresden and Gibson Co...There are enough 3A schools in west Tennessee to play...These games are lose-lose situations...You win you are supposed to and you lose and it's a major upset...It's a built in excuse for Dresden if the Rebels beat them...

Too bad the leg didn't get passed down in the gene pool ;)

Did you see the ER game in 2005? Dresden's d-line got up field and pressured Tico only to have him run around and practically beat them by hisself. This year the goal was not to create running lanes for him and make him stay in the pocket and beat them. Gave up 43 points in 2005, 13 in 2006. Looks like it was a good plan. Now against Obion a running team, things will be different, or should be as far as technique and how to play on the d-line. I guess we will all find out on Friday.

Edited by RunAndJump

Wondered when that comment would show up....That's why I have a problem playing Union City,Dresden and Gibson Co...There are enough 3A schools in west Tennessee to play...These games are lose-lose situations...You win you are supposed to and you lose and it's a major upset...It's a built in excuse for Dresden if the Rebels beat them...

I agree, but Central and Union City both count on the big gate to fund their programs. Can't wait until Friday night!!!!!!!!!

I agree, but Central and Union City both count on the big gate to fund their programs. Can't wait until Friday night!!!!!!!!!

I agree...But it's still a lose-lose....Especially since UC dropped to 1A...I would at least like to see OC drop Dresden and Gibson Co....I think playing Chester Co is a good thing they are 3A....And the Rebs could schedule either some Memphis 3A school that doesn't expect to play us home and home and a rural 3A team that has a big fan base over toward the Tennessee River....Or see if a 4A team would play us...Say a Henry County or a team OC used to play,Brighton....Or maybe play a team from out of state...That always generates interest....