Oakland vs. Franklin

patriot 4 life

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were you watching the game? Oakland was in control until that happened.

If you recall last yr's thread after the game, OHS received tremendous respect from Franklin fans for how we played them.

tdntn....am I supposed to care what remarks that you make on here trying to make fun of me?Uh,,,,,,,,that is a BIGGGGGG NO!

I am going to support MY team win or lose. I am PROUD of their work ethic, their enthusiasm, their DISCIPLINE, and their pride. Just like Ferg said in the DNJ.....it is about time that good things happen to Oakland football.

If you follow the signs for Hwy 96 West after you leave the square, you'll get lost. There is another way that is longer, but with fewer turns.

Take 840 West to Columbia Hwy (431) and exit North. I believe you have to clover-leaf, but you'll know which way is headed back towards Franklin/Nashville. Stay on Columbia Pike (as we call it), past Mack Hatcher Parkway (there's a Target/Kroger combo on the left), straight shot into downtown. You'll reach a spot we call Five Points (Post office on right, a street, then the old church, Starbucks across the street on the corner). Bear left. Keep going straight. When you see the CVS on the right and the Kroger on the left you're getting close. School is on the right. It's still Hwy 431, but once you get into downtown it's better known as 5th Ave north before turning into Hillsboro Road at the CVS. And it's actually a lot closer than the directions make it seem! :lol:

As long as you're here, spend a little money. We need the sales tax! :o

VI

Thank you sir for the excellent directions. Trust me.......schools make money on me at their concession stands. :)

The key to this game will be Oakland's ability to stop the run. I know everyone wants to say they shut down the run vs. Blackman which they mostly did. There were several times that the Blaze pounded OHS right up the middle, especially with Wallace. Oakland's defense against the pass and perimeter run is very good, so if they can shore up the middle they will be VERY tough to move the ball on.

Wallace is an exceptional athlete that is for sure. I was impressed that we were able to shut him down along with Mimms.

Blackman won't be successful until they put Mimms in the I and let him run. I don't like the RB's constantly out of shotgun. I.E. A.J. Jenkins last year was a much better shotgun running back but still thought he could have done more.

Oakland has the playmakers to win this game for sure. PJ Polk is looking to be a great asset wherever you move him to according to the paper and his stats. Don't call him Reggie Bush but he could be a star. The line I heard must pick it a little for the Little Engine That Could in the background and they will be fine. Get him to the outskirts and he's gone. Franklin, while turning the ball over 4 times, will lose to the Patriots if they cannot contain that turnover ratio. Oakland is likely to force turnovers and WILL capitolize Friday night to beat Franklin. Franklin will have their head down after a pick and OHS will go over the top with it to Blissard or Pettie for the quick 6. :lol:

This is one of the games where you get to find out what your team really is made, playing against a top 5a program such as Franklin. Oakland has showed they are a good team, but I get the feeling alot of teams will be able to beat Blackman the way Oakland did, so friday night will show us in large how far or how good Oakland can really be

Would like to see the offense pick it up a little this week. The defense was really their best offense on friday and jump-started Oakland to a win. Burnett just missed on some passes that would have been big gains, so hopefully him and his receivers can get their timing down this week

Im not as willing to proclaim Oakland as a playoff team yet, but I felt pretty good leaving the stadium friday night. Oakland has a oppurtunity to make a big statement friday night

shut your mouth

What a great post. He told you what happend at last years game, not what he thought happen. You don't want to hear the truth because you weren't prepared for it. You had no idea about the game last year, you're just some punk kid that got on here thinkin he was gonna be big and bad and talk a whole lotta crap, when the reality is your gonna do nothin but make a dang fool of yourself.