Farragut @ Knox Central

I for one did not understand Strange's article in the paper referring to the Admirals kicking game. The kicking game appeared average, and maybe a little above average all night, except for the shank punt for about 15-20 yards. Our kickoffs looked pretty good, inside the 10 yard line i'd say. There were special team screw ups though, Central consistently managed to return punts and kickoffs for some pretty respectable yardage, but not because of the kicking game, but because of coverage. Also, referring to soccer players joining up, they have. Theres about 4 or 5 of them on the team, one handled the kick off duties, and then another one kicked the lone extra point of the night. What I am confused about is how one of the isn't handling the punting duties. One of our starting linebackers is doing that, and for the most part he did a good job last night. Back to the shank punt, it almost looked like he had to turn to the right at the last second because he got pressured, but Im really not sure.

Overall, I had fun going to the game(I attend FHS where im a Senior). Central played very well, and they really did impress me. The quarterback looked very good. On another note, Farragut dissapointed me. I figured it would be a good, close game, and from the talk of the players, we would "be fine." Evidently not. Judging from the way the game turned out, you have to give credit to Central's coaching staff. The pressure that was issued on Farragut's QB was immense the whole night, and he pretty much ran for his life the entire night.

On another note regarding the hospitality, i really didn't feel like Central was being any more disrespectful than any other high school would have been. I was in the front row of our student section, and fans were walking beneath us, and I did quite a bit of heckling. To be honest, I'd say we brought a lot of the stuff on ourselves, which is totally fine. The most memorable moment of the night was when some fellow FHS student 5 rows above me apparently spilt liquor all over his face, then somehow it got ignited. If your stupid enough to do that, your ###### should be yelled at in front of everyone.

Anyways, good game Central, and good luck to you in the rest of the season. I'd deff. like to see you guys beat Maryville, God knows you deserve to after the last couple of years.

Lets hope the Admirals can bounce back next week, and prepare for Bearden : )

-alex

Edited by alex1118

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that was bad at the beginning. and yes it was fun in the student section. and all the central ppl said when the farragut people said something was stinks.. very original. oh and i think they said go home or something. we have chants to use we just choose not to use them because it would make people hate us more. we can get dirty but we usually try not to unless absolutely necassary and last night it wasnt cuz we werent really in the game.. are the stats in the newpaper right? didnt seem like Farragut rushed for 215yds. if they are right it was a very even game. but the score wasnt close. according the farragutfootball.com the game was decided by big plays. i think most of the TDs central had were off plays longer than 30yds. im very curious to see if those stats are right. if htey are its a surprise to me.

i guess u are sooo mature that saying suckz is not funny sorry we're inner city mabey one day we can be as classy as you. its no wonder you have no friends. and also if we would've got smashed we wouldn't be making up chants either.

everyone else seems to see that both sides were goin at it. everyone else is cool go make some friends

and i meant to say catholic.

Edited by east10football

making up chants? whats that all about? and u meant to say catholic?

and once again someone proves my point. It's almost always someone other than a Farragut person who brings up the fact that Farragut is better. 99% of Farragut people wont say they are better than someone because they go to Farragut and the other person doesnt. it's always the other person who says thats why we are better. i didnt say it wasnt funny. i just said it was real original. and i never said Farragut people didnt do anything or say anything towards the Central people. so yeah. i do gotta admit i love how everyone, even if being sarcastic, thinks farragut is so much better. thanks it makes me feel better. and saying that i dont have any friends is uncalled for. its just a name buddy.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

i guess u are sooo mature that saying suckz is not funny sorry we're inner city mabey one day we can be as classy as you. its no wonder you have no friends. and also if we would've got smashed we wouldn't be making up chants either.

everyone else seems to see that both sides were goin at it. everyone else is cool go make some friends

and i meant to say catholic.

well if u look to the quote above me you said blah blah "maybe one day we can be as classy as you". i said since according to you i have more class blah blah. i never said anything about u having class at all. so yeah i win.

i dont remember saying we had more class, not that i remember.

i almost want them to close this thread now. i tried to get it to be about the game again but some people, east10football, refuse to talk about the game anymore..

so ill just say what ive been saying. Central played good Farragut played like crap. simple as that.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

I've read on CoachT how strong and big the Admirals players are. Looks like from the stats in the paper they had their chances but couldn't finish. In the past they line is one of the least effective I've seen. Go watch Maryvilles lineman than watch farragut's. It's a major differance and that comes down to coaching.

If they don't have a strong kicking game then the coaches need to quite. All those great soccer players and you can't find a kicker.

Give me a break!

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about Farragut's line just yet. I've got news for you the line is not the reason why Farragut lost by such a large amount. The whole team underperformed and played with no intensity. Look for that to change in the future. Props to Central for a good game.

I for one did not understand Strange's article in the paper referring to the Admirals kicking game. The kicking game appeared average, and maybe a little above average all night, except for the shank punt for about 15-20 yards. Our kickoffs looked pretty good, inside the 10 yard line i'd say. There were special team screw ups though, Central consistently managed to return punts and kickoffs for some pretty respectable yardage, but not because of the kicking game, but because of coverage. Also, referring to soccer players joining up, they have. Theres about 4 or 5 of them on the team, one handled the kick off duties, and then another one kicked the lone extra point of the night. What I am confused about is how one of the isn't handling the punting duties. One of our starting linebackers is doing that, and for the most part he did a good job last night. Back to the shank punt, it almost looked like he had to turn to the right at the last second because he got pressured, but Im really not sure.

Overall, I had fun going to the game(I attend FHS where im a Senior). Central played very well, and they really did impress me. The quarterback looked very good. On another note, Farragut dissapointed me. I figured it would be a good, close game, and from the talk of the players, we would "be fine." Evidently not. Judging from the way the game turned out, you have to give credit to Central's coaching staff. The pressure that was issued on Farragut's QB was immense the whole night, and he pretty much ran for his life the entire night.

On another note regarding the hospitality, i really didn't feel like Central was being any more disrespectful than any other high school would have been. I was in the front row of our student section, and fans were walking beneath us, and I did quite a bit of heckling. To be honest, I'd say we brought a lot of the stuff on ourselves, which is totally fine. The most memorable moment of the night was when some fellow FHS student 5 rows above me apparently spilt liquor all over his face, then somehow it got ignited. If your stupid enough to do that, your ###### should be yelled at in front of everyone.

Anyways, good game Central, and good luck to you in the rest of the season. I'd deff. like to see you guys beat Maryville, God knows you deserve to after the last couple of years.

Lets hope the Admirals can bounce back next week, and prepare for Bearden : )

-alex

Alex,

For this to be your first post, it was great!! Are you Riggers son/daughter? :huh:

Keep up the good post, and good luck to Farragut this year!

Alex,

For this to be your first post, it was great!! Are you Riggers son/daughter? :huh:

Keep up the good post, and good luck to Farragut this year!

OK...here is my whole take on everything from last night. I am a Central fan and have been for several years (have one son graduated from there and one daughter a Senior there).

I agree that the stadium situation is a pain, all one-sided and all, but the bigger pain is that no one is at the tunnel to direct the visiting folks to go in the tunnel at the far end. I get to the games at 5:45 p.m. to be able to get my ticket first and to get "my seat," and it irks me that the visiting folks have no clue to go to the other tunnel. What happens as a result is you have people going up the steps on the home end and walking right through and over the student section for Central. You know how old it gets just having people walk in front of you, but to have strangers (painted in blue and gray last night) to keep interupting you to walk through, it just adds fuel to a fire that is already smoldering from pre-game hype. Oh yeah, just a note to the FHS fans that tailgated in the side lawn of CHS, that was an unclassy thing to do. It's fine to tailgate, but to set up a portable gazebo and do your thing on someone else's school lawn, that ain't cool at all. I personally would never think to do that to any other school. I am impresed with the number of folks you have that showed up to root the team on. Oh and one more thing, you should end the flag taunting. Running around a CLOSED track, TWICE with your flag a flappin'...bad form. Totally, bad form. I have seen a few different sporting events with middle and high school teams facing Farragut, and each event always had some jerk flappin' the flag right at the opponent's fans. Hmmm...thinks that helps the opinions of folks? Read on...

Now then, as for the stigma that gets placed on the Farragut folks, it doesn't help when you have people who firstly, ignore any attempt at directing them to another tunnel to enter, which was clearly to help them since they had an older couple with them, and it really doens't help your stigma to have a young lady clearly say out loud amongst several north Knox folks in the Central area, "oh they are just jealous of us." Yep, it was right there, loud and clear. Chalk that one up to youth and arrogance.

Now then, as for the game, it was pretty dang good. Of course, I was happy with the final score, what totally amazed me was that FHS had a nose tackle and NO one to his left or right. The LB's were a good 4 to 5 yards back. The other thing that was amazing is the Central's offense didn't exploit it but about 5 times. Guess that's why I am not a football coach.

OK...this is my first post, how did I do? I don't really care. I am too old to care about what other's think.

Edited by OldKnoxvillian