Farragut @ Knox Central

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everyone think about this game. last year it was a great game. should we expect teh same? i say Farragut wins 33-27. weird score but yeah thats what i think.

Farrauts defense should be strong as last year if they filled the holes left by Nick Reveiz , Lee Travis and a few others.

If the offense can keep the ball the Ads should win in a close game.

You all sound pretty confident.

I, too, think this will be close. The Admirals are getting to be more of a force in football and they have some nice athletes and some really big kids. Eddie Courtney is a very good coach. I think he as some good assistants working with him, too. Sterling is a outstanding back and the Cats can't lose containment on him. They will also need to pressure Farragut's QB when he tries to throw.

From Central's perspective, they need to be able to run the ball in this game. Jamie Wilson is back and is as good as any RB in the area. He is only a soph. Central will have to cut down on the silly penalties they had in the Middlesboro game. Those can be drive stoppers. McMillian is an accurate passer and I think some shorter passes will help him. Central threw a lot of deep passes against Middlesboro because they were trying to cover one on one at the line of scrimmage. Some important points are: can Farragut just line up and run over the Central D line on a regular basis? Will Farragut have the 1st game jitters they had last year that really hurt them? Central has already played to get those out of their system. Will Farragut wear down like they did last year? They really seemed to run out of gas as that game got into the 4th quarter. Central had no players cramp up or get injured in the Middlesboro game. And finally, the kicking game. Central has some young kids doing the kicking and I hope they don't have to make a clutch kick to win it.

My guess is Central takes this one by 7. Hope to see a lot of fans there. It should be a good one.

You all sound pretty confident.

I, too, think this will be close. The Admirals are getting to be more of a force in football and they have some nice athletes and some really big kids. Eddie Courtney is a very good coach. I think he as some good assistants working with him, too. Sterling is a outstanding back and the Cats can't lose containment on him. They will also need to pressure Farragut's QB when he tries to throw.

From Central's perspective, they need to be able to run the ball in this game. Jamie Wilson is back and is as good as any RB in the area. He is only a soph. Central will have to cut down on the silly penalties they had in the Middlesboro game. Those can be drive stoppers. McMillian is an accurate passer and I think some shorter passes will help him. Central threw a lot of deep passes against Middlesboro because they were trying to cover one on one at the line of scrimmage. Some important points are: can Farragut just line up and run over the Central D line on a regular basis? Will Farragut have the 1st game jitters they had last year that really hurt them? Central has already played to get those out of their system. Will Farragut wear down like they did last year? They really seemed to run out of gas as that game got into the 4th quarter. Central had no players cramp up or get injured in the Middlesboro game. And finally, the kicking game. Central has some young kids doing the kicking and I hope they don't have to make a clutch kick to win it.

My guess is Central takes this one by 7. Hope to see a lot of fans there. It should be a good one.

Good points. Should be a good and close game.

If The Admirals cannot beat a good 4A team then it's going to be a tuff year in 5A.

Edited by rigger101

Good points. Should be a good and close game.

If The Admirals cannot beat a good 4A team then it's going to be a tuff year in 5A.

last year they lost to a talented central team and still tied for region champs. so, that is not the best logic.

but back to the first game gitters, there is really a handful of kids without game experience. so im not too sure about those jitters.

but should be a great game, hope farragut comes out on top.

The Admirals win it by 10.

The Admirals will be lucky to score 10. Centrals defense is stifling. I had heard Wilson was hurt. He sure didn't look like it on that run Friday night. Central is much better than I thought they would be. Granted Middlesboro isn't as good as advertised but the Cats dominated the game. I agree Cental has to do away with the silly mistakes and penalties.

redandblack--I'm not sure Wilson is 100%, but he's close. He is a real difference maker. Not sure how much he will play even against Farragut. While it would be great to win this one, the region games are the ones they need to win and it is better to have him for those and the playoffs than against a non-region team. I thought Saah and Kirkland did nice jobs against Middlesboro, but it is hard to judge how good by that game. Farragut will be much better.

FHS54

Farragut didn't tie for region champs. They lost head to head to the region champs. Yeah I know, "this thread is not about Oak Ridge". There is only one region champ each year. You may have had the same record regular season in conference, but there are no ties for region championship.

I like Central in this one based on a more versatile offense. If Lawrence can complete some passes against the Central secondary, it might be a different story.

Edited by ORidgeKat