overton V.S. Hillsboro

Footballfan15

Just because your there doesn't mean you get the job. If they are head coach material why aren't any of them HC anywhere else? I heard some weren't willing to apply and some interviewed so it sounds to me like if they cared about the team they would stay and support the new HC. Isn't that the right thing to do?

Half the coaches in Metro who got their job, are not anymore qualified than other applicants. They were the choice because that is who the principal wanted. It is not what you know it is who you know. Most jobs in Metro were decided before the interviews ever started. Examples: Hunters Lane, Whites Creek, Pearl-Cohn, Stratford,McGavock.As for Hillsboro ,the principal made it clear that none of the coaches on staff were going to be considered, why stay? I do not think the coaches cared who got the job, they were not wanted ,so they left. I do not think they have any ill will towards Coach Blade or the players.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking like Hillsboro has never won a game.

Show me a team with a better record than Hillsboro's

over the past four years. There aren't many.

Let the kids play the game, and leave the coaches out

of it. Not only are you stupid, you're spreading poison

that will not help the Hillsboro program. Hopefully

you have some common sense and are not talking

this thrash at Hillsboro.

Shut up and win 10 games, and let the team do the

talking on the field.

It sounds like they probably arent HC material-when they up and quit it showed who they are. Since they aren't around anymore to influence the team all sorts of things have come out about the way they dealt with the team and that along with more kids playing, the teams attitudes, and playing of the team have convinced most everyone that the old staff was doing more for themselves than the program and them leaving-- Coach A and the rest was a win in itself. All yall that think the old Hillsboro was good need to pay attention because things are gettin better.

You're talking like Hillsboro has never won a game.

Show me a team with a better record than Hillsboro's

over the past four years. There aren't many.

Let the kids play the game, and leave the coaches out

of it. Not only are you stupid, you're spreading poison

that will not help the Hillsboro program. Hopefully

you have some common sense and are not talking

this thrash at Hillsboro.

Shut up and win 10 games, and let the team do the

talking on the field.

Great post.

I'm going to predict an Overton win in this one. Last year's Hillsboro team was a state semifinalist and Overton was a team that just managed to make the playoffs (and they did that in the second half of the year because they couldn't score on offense in the first games of the '05 season). Overton shutdown Hillsboro last year and I think they'll do it again. It will take the Burros some time to adjust to a new offensive scheme. Overton's offense is supposed to be improved this year.

Overton: 20

Hillsboro: 7

THE ADMINISTRATION IS THE SOLE REASON THE COACHING STAFF LEFT! MOST OF THE COACHES WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO REMAIN. THEY LEFT BEHIND A TEAM THEY FELT WOULD BE PLAYING MARYVILLE IN DECEMBER FOR ANOTHER GOLD BALL.

YOURE BASHING THE MOST SUCCESFUL METRO FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN THE LAST TEN YEARS, IF NOT IN THE HISTORY OF METRO!