overton V.S. Hillsboro

Footballfan15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see anyone having the fire power to put up 4 tds against Overtons defense. Overtons defense is always solid. I dont think Hillsboro had scored 4-5 tds in the last four games against Overton.

Don't forget how many TD's Ravenwood put on John Overton last season! Any team that can spread the field and throw the football would kill the Bobcats. John Overton knows how to play run defense by placing 9 men in the box but they would get killed by a good offensive team & Hillsboro would not be considered a good offensive team.

Edited by cbg

Don't forget how many TD's Ravenwood put on John Overton last season! Any team that can spread the field and throw the football would kill the Bobcats. John Overton knows how to play run defense by placing 9 men in the box but they would get killed by a good offensive team & Hillsboro would not be considered a good offensive team.

I have a feeling a lot of Ravenwood fans will be upset to know that you compared their championship level team to Hillsboro. No comparison. Would be like comparing apples and peanuts.

I'd take that Championship Hillsboro against Ravenwood.

If Ravenwood fans don't like that comparison, tell them

they should have played Hillsboro.

I have a feeling a lot of Ravenwood fans will be upset to know that you compared their championship level team to Hillsboro. No comparison. Would be like comparing apples and peanuts.

I'd take that Championship Hillsboro against Ravenwood.

If Ravenwood fans don't like that comparison, tell them

they should have played Hillsboro.

The comparison was between this years Hillsboro team and last years Ravenwood team. This years Hillsboro team hasnt won a game yet. Are you saying that you would take this years Hillsboro team over last years Ravenwood team? Doesnt matter, we'll out find out Friday night!

I'm picking Overton simply because, me and Hillsboro have a lil bad blood between us.. ok a lot of bad blood

Prabably because you have had alot of 'whippings' put on you ( your team ) by the 'boro.

yes ..youre good.. :P .. but not because they beat me ...they never beat maplewood when i was playing ..thats was unheard of back then ..they got a lil better over time and made a few runs, got a few lucky breaks .. paid a few refs... but to be honest ..their run is over ..its time for some new blood!

Edited by boski

Workinprogress is correct. The Buros are so much better because they have coaching talent and player talent. They are able to work smart and hard without all the negative stuff that went on with the old coaching staff. More kids are playing football than ever before because they have good men in charge in stead of people in it for their own glory.

Hello,

Im from Southern California. Mainly Santa Clarita where Coach Blade is from. I want to personally say good luck to Hillsboro and Coach Blade on their game tomorrow.

I personnaly know Scott. He was not only the HS player I looked up too and watched when he was an All League/All CIF linebacker at Canyon high but he was also my Linebacker coach at Glendale Community College here in Glendale, California.

I can tell you all, Scott is probably the hardest working coach that school has PROBABLY ever had. I coached with Scott at Canyon in '04 and I can tell you, he knew EXACTLY what the other team was going to do both on offense and defense. He watches more game film than anyone I know. He is dedicated to the program and is dedicated to those players. He will die for those players if need be. Thats how he is. I will say this (and Scott if you read this, sorry bro) but he will work those kids like no one has ever worked them before. Those kids WILL BE READY for every game and EVERY situation that they face.

I'm not going to come on here saying this or that about your teams in TN cause I dont know them or know what they can do but, for you guys rooting for the Burros or fathers on here who have kids on the team, Scott is more than ready. Here in California, especially in the Santa Clarita Valley, we have two of the top teams in the state if not the country in Hart High (Newhall) and Valencia High. Not to mention Mission Viejo who is ranked in the top 15 along with Canyon in the country this season. So he is use to being on and working a high profile team...

Anyhow, take it how you want....just thought Id give a personal point of view from someone that knows him and how he works...

Going to be interesting this season for Blade and the Burros... I wish them all the best......

Scott, if you read this give me a call brudda...

Rob