Independence

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else see something wrong in williamson county?? Franklin and Brentwood are always powerhouses Ravenwood won state and now Indy is tearing it up. Why is it that centennial is left in the dust?? It cant be a player issue cause the other 4 teams in the county do well and most of the feeder scholl feed to all the schools..I just cant seem to figure out what is missing at CHS to get the to keep up with tjhe rest of the school.

FYI Centennials records against williamson Co schools:

Franklin:0-10

Brentwood:0-10

Indy:0-1 once they had seniors

Ravenwood:0-3 once they had seniors

Only two winning seasons in school history and this recond against regionalschools how is it possible the same man has been Head Coach and AD through it all????????

Edited by Lucas is my idol

Why is it that centennial is left in the dust?? It cant be a player issue cause the other 4 teams in the county do well and most of the feeder scholl feed to all the schools..I just cant seem to figure out what is missing at CHS to get the to keep up with tjhe rest of the school.

i believe you answered your own question, centennial continuously lose due to their stellar coaching staff. :o seriously if they get rid of gregory then they stand a chance, if not.......well let me put it this way.....watched the titans play lately? ok yeah that, but much much worse

I think the biggest help to our team this year with the exception of the quarterback position is the developtment of young offensive lineman that have enabled us to allow players to only go one way. We were getting drilled last year because everyone had to play every down either offense or defense. As we develop young players, we are seeing the benefits of having a chance to rest people as the game progresses. That is something that Independence has lacked until this year. Good job Travis Ballard for really getting production out of an offensive line that starts two sopohomores pretty much every week.

and as they turn and head into the stretch....

"heading into the stretch" they still face Dickson County, Brentwood and Ravenwood (last 2 are away games for Indy)...Those three games will determine whether Indy wins this region, they have not won anything yet! I guarantee you that Smith is very concerned about facing these three teams when all three "must win" to stay alive in the playoff chase. Franklin was a big win for Indy but unfortunately they have a few more to go...Anyone care to disagree?

Good point CPK20, but I think they will just outscore Dickson County (who is like the one throwback, pound it down your throat team in Region 6) and they should get by Ravenwood, after what I have seen so far in the season. I hate to gloat, but I saw Ravenwood's troubles coming back in August when I heard that Antioch just throttled them in a scrimmage. The losses of Jennings, Williams, Wilkerson, and Woodward's brain really put Ravenwood behind the 8-Ball. Add that to the fact that the football god's are paying them back for all the close games they won last year and they may not make the postseason.

Those pesky Bruins from Murray Lane are the one team that I think could throw a monkey wrench in the Eagles running the table in the Region. I think Crawford and Smith are the two best coaches in a well coached region (I even think Gregory is an decent coach, he's just surrounded by better X and O guys with more material....If you don't think so, look at how he shut down Antioch in the 2003 playoffs). Crawford's young bunch is getting better and it will be an interesting matchup when that game rolls around. I just hope both squads stay healthy.

"heading into the stretch" they still face Dickson County, Brentwood and Ravenwood (last 2 are away games for Indy)...Those three games will determine whether Indy wins this region, they have not won anything yet! I guarantee you that Smith is very concerned about facing these three teams when all three "must win" to stay alive in the playoff chase. Franklin was a big win for Indy but unfortunately they have a few more to go...Anyone care to disagree?

No disagreement here. Every game is a must win game. The last 5 region games are a tough stretch for sure.

Im with mcnine on this one i think indy will out score dc and should beat ravenwood but the bruins are always a tough team no matter their record eagle have to stay healthy Oh and one more question will scotty hazzard be starting this week against seigle i know he had a sprained ankle during practice last week prior to franklin i believe it was on wednsday and then played 2 quarters against the rebels and i saw him on cruthches after half time whats his status i know he's a tough kid and deals with pain very well but havn't herd of late about this week.